Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Club Silver
Currently in Hilton Belfast. No upgrades showing on the app (I checked several times) so i didn't check in online. Good move- upon arrival I was upgraded to a top floor corner suite which is superb. 2 bathrooms arguably excessive!
Cat88L3 and wizla like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:20 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyme2
Therein lies the Crux. One can easier score a suite upgrade on a one night stay when there is little time to appreciate the benefit. When the stay is longer, suite upgrades are far less common. There are exceptions, of course, but less common in major markets. I try to stay at properties where I have built relationships, or am in the process of doing so. I find it much more lucrative fir both parties. I get the benefit, they get the business.
This is largely true, yes. In my particular case above I was fortunate enough to enjoy the suite to the max ^
Old May 30, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyme2
Therein lies the Crux. One can easier score a suite upgrade on a one night stay when there is little time to appreciate the benefit. When the stay is longer, suite upgrades are far less common. There are exceptions, of course, but less common in major markets. I try to stay at properties where I have built relationships, or am in the process of doing so. I find it much more lucrative fir both parties. I get the benefit, they get the business.
Most of my stays are 1-2 nights and I still rarely get them. I also book a lot of my hotels a day or two in advance since I fly standby as an airline employee so my plans change often and that's likely not helping me. I think I get maybe 1 or 2 per year.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:35 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Millennium Hilton Bangkok - booked Family King Suite - upgraded at checkin to Panoramic View King Executive Suite.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
April-May 100% upgrade rate

In April and May I had a total of 21 stays (22 nights) in a mix of business and leisure stays, and as a Diamond all of my stays were upgraded, even in properties where upgrades are not expected (Hamptons and HGI).

Here the list of the suite upgrades:

-Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah: from King Classic room to Junior Suite with sea view and balcony (2 separate stays in 10 days)
-Hilton Al Hamra Golf and Beach Resort: from King Guest room to One Bedroom Suite (2 separate stays in 10 days)
-V Hotel Dubai: from Two Quuen beds Deluxe to Round Bed Valor Suite (7 class upgrade); at check-in was also offered a further upgrade to a V Suite but I denied.
-Habtoor Palace Dubai LXR: from King Deluxe to King Ambassador suite
-Conrad Dubai: from King Deluxe Skyline view to King Deluxe Corner Room Panoramic View
-Conrad Dubai: from King Deluxe Skyline view to King Deluxe Suite Lounge Access
-Hilton Dubai The Walk: from King Studio to a Three Bedroom Apartment with Sea View
-Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah: from Two Quuen Beds Deluxe with Skyline View to King Deluxe Suite with Sea View
-Hilton Dubai Al habtoor City: from King Guest Room to King Junior Suite
-Conrad New York Midtown (The London NYC): from 1 Bedroom Suite to a Park View 1 Bedroom Suite (on points)
-Conrad New York Downtown: from Deluxe Suite with one king bed and sofa bed to an Hudson River View Suite one king bed (on points)
dagangwood likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
In April and May I had a total of 21 stays (22 nights) in a mix of business and leisure stays, and as a Diamond all of my stays were upgraded, even in properties where upgrades are not expected (Hamptons and HGI).

Here the list of the suite upgrades:

-Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah: from King Classic room to Junior Suite with sea view and balcony (2 separate stays in 10 days)
-Hilton Al Hamra Golf and Beach Resort: from King Guest room to One Bedroom Suite (2 separate stays in 10 days)
-V Hotel Dubai: from Two Quuen beds Deluxe to Round Bed Valor Suite (7 class upgrade); at check-in was also offered a further upgrade to a V Suite but I denied.
-Habtoor Palace Dubai LXR: from King Deluxe to King Ambassador suite
-Conrad Dubai: from King Deluxe Skyline view to King Deluxe Corner Room Panoramic View
-Conrad Dubai: from King Deluxe Skyline view to King Deluxe Suite Lounge Access
-Hilton Dubai The Walk: from King Studio to a Three Bedroom Apartment with Sea View
-Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah: from Two Quuen Beds Deluxe with Skyline View to King Deluxe Suite with Sea View
-Hilton Dubai Al habtoor City: from King Guest Room to King Junior Suite
-Conrad New York Midtown (The London NYC): from 1 Bedroom Suite to a Park View 1 Bedroom Suite (on points)
-Conrad New York Downtown: from Deluxe Suite with one king bed and sofa bed to an Hudson River View Suite one king bed (on points)
Because Hilton is celebrating its 100th Anniversary?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Because Hilton is celebrating its 100th Anniversary?
In this case I hope the celebration will continue for the rest of the year...
NoY and dagangwood like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Hilton London Bankside - 3 night stay - booked base King, pre upgraded to King Suite night before with assigned room, was reassigned to even better one (top floor, corner/nice view) upon arrival. Late checkout until 2pm granted.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre - 1 night stay - booked base King, pre upgraded to 1 BR suite two nights before arrival. Saver AP rate
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Hilton Strasbourg - booked base King room and received Room 430 ‘The Winston Churchill Suite’. Pity we ended up heading to the hotel very late after stopping by at Cologne for lunch.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Hilton Mainz (not the city property) booked standard King (base room) and received the newly refurbished River View Executive room. Apparently they were all out of suites on 30th night whilst celebrating the Hilton 100 anniversary.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stand Free
Currently in Hilton Belfast. No upgrades showing on the app (I checked several times) so i didn't check in online. Good move- upon arrival I was upgraded to a top floor corner suite which is superb. 2 bathrooms arguably excessive!
Wouldn't dare to say that to my wife!
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Garden Inn Malpensa.
Stayed there for being in Somma Lombardo two nights. Upgraded to a One Bedroom Queen Suite with Pull-out Sofabed.
My third stay. Each time booked a Queen Room and then got upgraded pre-arrival to this sort of room. It is a modest accommodation in terms of a suite, but nevertheless, the extra space is a bonus. Plus, these suites are on the very end of each hallway.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by MilesDude
Was just wondering for those who got a auto suite/room upgrade before check in, were they specifically requested in the reservation or was it a regular auto upgrade with a regular reservation?

Thanks
just bumping this up.

To reiterate, I understand that a lot of people got preupgraded before check in.

my question was for those people who got this, did you make any pre requests whether you booked online or on phone, etc...

or just regular standard room and you guys checked before check in?

thanks if someone could answer
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MilesDude

just bumping this up.

To reiterate, I understand that a lot of people got preupgraded before check in.

my question was for those people who got this, did you make any pre requests whether you booked online or on phone, etc...

or just regular standard room and you guys checked before check in?

thanks if someone could answer
I rarely request a suite upgrade as I feel it’s a little cheeky unless it’s a special occasion or it’s Hilton Canary Wharf ( suite upgrades are very common here ) and I find nearly always get preupgraded the night before or the next morning, not always to a suite but usually upgraded regardless.
MilesDude likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:00 am

Thanks for your reply.

Glad to know the system tries to auto upgrade diamond status members on its own.

I suppose if you’re unhappy with the upgrade they gave you at The time , you can always go ahead and speak to a manager and see if they can put you in a better room

Originally Posted by wizla
I rarely request a suite upgrade as I feel it’s a little cheeky unless it’s a special occasion or it’s Hilton Canary Wharf ( suite upgrades are very common here ) and I find nearly always get preupgraded the night before or the next morning, not always to a suite but usually upgraded regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.