Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by nexus7556
Hey folks,

I'm interested in staying in the Presidential Suite at the DoubleTree in San Jose. My dates are extremely flexible, just looking for a room with a nice tub for a staycation.

I spot checked a bunch of dates via the website and found no availability so I called the hotel to see if they could tell me the next available dates for the room and they said that they couldn't help me with that, I could only check via the website. I'm new to Hilton. Is there really no way for them to tell me the next availability for this suite? Is just checking every date via the website the best way to go about this?
Best guess is that the only way to make a reservation for that room would be to call the property and ask to speak with the Director of Sales. Not uncommon for properties with only one of a specialized room type to restrict access so that it can only be reserved via onsite management.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
California or Costa Rica?
Old May 30, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
That property is a mystery to me. My one and only Presidential Suite upgrade was at this location, and it was at a time that the place was extremely busy. Unfortunately it was a one-night stay with a 6am flight out in the morning so I didn't get to enjoy it for very long. I also stayed there during the height of Covid when it was extremely empty and didn't get any upgrades at all (and none appeared to be available on the app).

The suite was fine for me, but I didn't get to try the oversized tub. If you are flying out of SJC, the location can't be beat.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
OP is based in Bay Area and indicates it’s a staycation. Would assume SJC.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
I’ve stayed in the Presidential Suite at that property a couple of times, and it is in serious need of updating. I’d look elsewhere. Also, many properties don’t load similar suites into online inventory nor make available via normal booking channels, especially properties such as this one that host a large number of conferences/conventions.
I'm open to suggestions for alternate locations that have a large tub. Googling for this is incredibly difficult. Runner ups seem to be Dinah's Garden Hotel or Westin Palo Alto. I'd also rather stay in the south bay instead of going to San Francisco. (I have a list of good hotels there).

Originally Posted by cblaisd
California

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.