Wiki Posts
Search

Award stay - paperwork needed?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2003, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Award stay - paperwork needed?

Booked 4 nights at Paris Hilton starting Sept.18. AFAIK, everything is in order, the points have been deducted, etc.

Does Hilton send me any sort of paperwork (certificate, etc.), or can I just show up with an award number and other stuff I can get from the website?

Hate to show up and have to pay rack rate.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 6:33 pm

They will either email you the cert with the number or fax it to the hotel your choice.

Just be sure to get the award number and bring that with you when relying on the fax in case the fax didn't arrive. They will check you in under that cert number and wait for the fax to arrive.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 7:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigLar:
Does Hilton send me any sort of paperwork (certificate, etc.), or can I just show up with an award number and other stuff I can get from the website?</font>
You can print the actual certificate off the web.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 7:47 pm

And yes Eugene, of coursde it can be printed online if it is generated online. That is a given and why there was no reason to mention it.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Did you not get told by the res agent you would have the certificate faxed, emailed or posted to you? Given the closeness of your stay, you should call back to confirm how the certificate will be sent to you.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Went to the website, logged in and found the confirmation. Printed it out. Should be all the information they need (got my name, confirmation number, dates, etc.). I'll go with that.

Thanks all.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 10:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigLar:
Went to the website, logged in and found the confirmation. Printed it out. Should be all the information they need (got my name, confirmation number, dates, etc.). I'll go with that.

Thanks all.
</font>
I'm afraid that's not quite it. Unless I'm mistaken, you are talking about the reservation confirmation (since you've mentioned travel dates being on it). You also need the actual Reward Certificate.

But since you said in your first post that points have already been deducted from your account, I assume some kind of a Reward Cert has already been issued to you. Perhaps, you can call HH CS and inquire. You can also see if one has been issued to you by clicking on Reward Redemption History after logging into your account.

If not, it can be ordered and printed online (log on, click on Rewards, then choose Hotel, Point Stretcher and ValuePoint Rewards, then click on the appropriate category. It will bring you a selection of various reward certificates that you need to choose from. Alternatively, you can request one to be e-mailed to you or faxed either to you, or directly to the hotel by calling HH CS.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 09-08-2003).]
Old Sep 8, 2003, 11:10 am

BigLar,

If you do not have at least the reward certificate number for the front desk to refer to, expect to pay for the nights.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Eugene, as usual your advice is probably correct. I checked the website and found the cert number. However, I had never been e-mailed or fax'ed one to my knowledge.

So, I called HHonors, and this is the story: The Paris Hilton was not accepting certificates during that time frame (?) so HHonors sent a "special arrangement" letter to them. I can just show up with (or maybe even without) the confirmation, and they can look it up under my name.

According to HHonors, I'm fine as it stands.

One less thing to worry about.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 1:22 pm

BigLar -- Yes, this is something that is occasionally done (typically, for Diamonds) - when property does not have availability for a reward stay, HH books a revenue room for you, pays for it by direct billing, and deducts the appropriate number of points from your account. In this case there is no need for any additional paperwork for you to present at check-in. Your reservation confirmation should show "direct billing" on it.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 6:10 pm

I had that situation with a stay in Las Vegas. But even tho I had every document and and letter, I still had a long wait and major problems at the hotel check-in - I hope it doesn;t happen to you but be prepared.

There was one compensating factor - when I looked at my next Hhonors statement, altho the points had been deducted to pay for the reward, they credited points for the full value of my stay at the Las Vegas Hilton even tho I didn't pay a penny!! Go figger?

------------------
Travel well and arrive home safely,

Jon David
www.simplyjond.com
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
[In this case there is no need for any additional paperwork for you to present at check-in. Your reservation confirmation should show "direct billing" on it.</font>
Actually, it says "Rate Type:Bounceback"

Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:57 am

Actually, it says "Rate Type:Bounceback" </font>
Hmm... Personally, I'd call HH again and request something more solid than just their word that everything is set up right for you. When I was a beneficiary of a similar arrangement in Hawaii last year, my reservation confirmation said "DIRECT BILL HHONORS".

Also, HH Diamond Desk e-mailed me an official letter explaining the arrangement, that could be presented at check-in if there was any problem. I'd ask for the same, and ASAP.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:58 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Actually had the same situation when I stayed at the Hilton in Rome 5 years ago.. they paid for 4 nights.. and 2 nights on a weekend award..etc. Very confusing.. but they did it somehow. The Weekday nights showed up as paid nights... very nice indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.