Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best Resort Stay for Points Required

Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:13 am
Original Poster

My fellow HHonors friends,

I would like to get your input on your favorite resort property stays using HHonors points (GLON/ALON/GLONP)...the criteria I am using is value for points required. In your thoughts please keep in mind these items: Diamond Perks (upgrades/breakfast/lounge), Resort quality, room quality, etc...THANKS!!!!
Old Sep 3, 2003, 5:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Your mind is now under my control...

You have asked a very good question.

You realize it is a question that many people have an interest in.

You deduce that as such, it has likely been asked on FT already.

You have only one impulse now: search, Search, SEARCH! You know there is a wealth of information on FT and you must SEARCH FOR IT.

... I now return your mind to your control.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

WOW, so helpful...give me a break...

Thanks for your advice, but just to let youu know...I've already done research and everything is OLD and dated...recent information is the most helpful, not poetic riddles...your mind, as a braintrust of knowledge, is what I seek. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 5:34 am

[This message has been edited by goingnow (edited 09-04-2003).]

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 6:22 am
Old Sep 4, 2003, 6:08 am

And I agree with everyone,but still think RutDog's way of saying it was quite amusing. I'm not sure what's the poster considers as "dated",but this subject comes up very often. I'd say that just a couple months ago (obviously around 6/1) there were threads about best beach fronts,best caribbean,best values,best glons, best glonp's and many specific threads on Hawaii, Rome, St. Lucia,etc.
I personally don't mind the question popping up now and then, but Rut Dog's advice is quite good as well. Many folks aren't even aware of the search option.
But,since he asked the question I'd say the glonp's are best current values for points and what "resort" depends on what he likes and where he wants to be. Hawaii (both locations)and St. Lucia usually get the most positive remarks.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Ok RutDog...I went back with several other searches, and there are a lot of "lists"..not much more info than I can get from the Hilton Website...I did not see any information on "perks", or comparisions on recent Coral stays (there was a listing based upon a stay 2 years ago)...so with that in mind, I still think it worthy of asking the original question.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Go to Hawaii. The Hilton resorts there are not perfect (as you will find out by searching), but you'll be in Hawaii! Reward stays in Cancun and Phoenix are also highly thought of here, and you will find tons of posts on them as well. Now click here and enter GLON, TEEN, ALON, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies. I have done extensive searches, as so unkindly suggested by the arrogance of some of the users. And still nothing on Best "PERKS" for Diamond Members or Coral Resort (current personal reviews). Needless to say, please close this thread...I'm a little tired of the "ATTITUDE" provided by some of my fellow frequent flyer posters. I DO KNOW WHAT "SEARCH" IS!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:32 am

I have a few hotels that I have used rewards for. They seem to treat Diamonds very well.

Cancun Hilton: (9 times and counting)Always great service and upgrades.Free Breakfast.

Cabo Hilton: (only been here once)Great service and upgrades.Free Breakfast.

Key West Hilton: Have had many friends stay here. Great loaction, and have always recieved upgrades( 2 bedroom suite last time)

I would check rate at the hotel you decide before using the points. I don't like using points when I can get a room for 100.00 a night. However, the Key West Hilton always seem to be atleast 200.00 a night. Cancun can have cheap rates outside of winter/spring. Cabo is usually around 200.00 and up.

I have also stayed or had friends stay at all 3 this year. Email me for any questions.

[This message has been edited by keywestbars (edited 09-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by keywestbars (edited 09-04-2003).]
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I understand your frustation! You ask a simple question and some bother only to tell you to search. The search engine is not the best, and frankly a lot of threads are often dead (need then to do a search in the archives, but that means the info is getting old). I suggest that you do a search for seach and see how often this comes up.

In terms of perks for Diamond I think they are somewhat limited to upgrades for better rooms (including suites), better amenities, breakfast. Occasionaly you may get a basket of something or a bottle. These all seem to depend on location, time of the year, year, status of the hotel management, and mostly good fortune. As Diamond, you will get better treatment but I doudt that it should be the limiting factor in selecting a resort.

Personally, I look at location, time to travel, weather, activities (adults vs kids depending on who goes), airfare... Then I usually hope that my status will get me something!

Good luck!

Edited to correct the recurrent platinum slip.

[This message has been edited by fromYXU (edited 09-05-2003).]
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as I know, with the exception of the Coral properties and a crappy Curacao hotel, no major property of the type you describe has been added to the Hilton chain in the last 18 months or so. Therefore pretty much any "dated" info that you find is still accurate.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 1:32 am

Lets not forget the Hilton Cavalieri, or the Conrads in the Asia Pacific region. They are outstanding.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 5:17 am

forYXU
I think you meant diamond and not plat.

I agree that the "dated" feel is directly related to the lack of new and exciting resorts. As far as the Coral properties,it seems most of us here at FT aren't rushing to them.While there are some interesting international properties,the "resort" list is limited.

[This message has been edited by jabez (edited 09-05-2003).]
Old Sep 5, 2003, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He asked for resort properties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.