Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2000, 1:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Arrow Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport {US-VA}

This is why I know Hilton could get it right if it put it's mind to it.

I booked a standard rate on-line for today about two months ago. Asked in the notes field for early check-in (9am) never expecting it.

I walked in at 8:45, straight to the desk (no line). I say "good morning, I'm Mr. Danto and I'm checking in." As I fish for my vip card and Elite card and credit card, the clerk stops me. "Good morning Mr. Danto, we've been expecting you. No need for your cards, we have all of the information in our system. We're sorry our executive floor is full today, but we've prepared a king corner mini-suite for you. Here's a key that will allow you access to the concierge lounge anyway."

I'm posting this from the room between seminars. The phone is free for 800 numbers, and one time .85 for local calls, including the specifically listed modem calls with no time limit.

My room rate is about $100 for the night.

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY can't it be this way at all the Hilton properties?
Old Feb 2, 2000, 2:04 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
They make it up on the $9 bowls of cereal. Seriously, I'd been accommodated there on a US cancellation (I don't mind flights being canceled, myself, if the alternative is to go through a Level 6 thunderstorm...) and was charged the $9 price of the buffet when all I had was a bowl of cereal. My hotel for the main part of that DC trip, the Courtyard on Embassy Row, was more sensible, ringing it up as a bowl of cereal. In effect you pay $5 for not having a waiter...
Old Feb 2, 2000, 7:10 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Silverpie, I have to say that restuarants are not something I really expect a good deal on when I am at hotels. I agree, Courtyards are way more reasonable.

One thing I want as a business traveler, is access to a conceirge level lounge (quick breakfast), phone access, comfortable room (with plenty of space), and courtesty. It is something very important. Also, another thing that has been making a difference is bedding. The Westin and W chains have some awesome "Heavenly Beds". I am very impressed with their comfort. It makes bonuses not AS important...

Old Feb 5, 2000, 5:43 pm

I've always found the Crystal City Hilton to be one of the most "accommodating" of the Hiltons. I stay there frequently and indeed, I was there last week while NJDavid was here (albeit on the 10th floor). I guess we missed each other; wish we'd run into each other. Didn't you take advantage of the Happy Hour with two free Sam Adams per patron?
Old Feb 5, 2000, 7:06 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
Counsellor, if you're talking to me, alpha, I don't drink alcohol, and bravo, I arrived not far from midnight.
Old Feb 5, 2000, 8:39 pm

No, silverpie, I was talking to NJDavid, a fellow PiPster.

However, even if you don't drink alcoholic drinks, you're still welcome to try the great cheese platter (and may I have your ration of Samuel Adams? ).
Old Feb 6, 2000, 6:07 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Sorry I missed you......

Old Feb 23, 2000, 10:01 am

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

I made reservations for a weekend at crystal city H, using the centralized Hilton HHonors center and went for the executive level based upon their recommendations as well as our previous experience with concierge level while in SFO. These visions of enjoying the lounge amenities were shattered when the front desk clerk said that the lounge was closed every Friday thru Sunday. However, he must have seen my disappointment, and quickly wrote up breakfast coupons for both days, and put us back to a std rate.. a real nice gesture on their part. My question is, besides the booze, what else did we miss? ie type & number of food items for B'fst or the late afternoon snacks? Is it worth the extra fee?
Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2000, 11:22 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My fellow Richmonder, the lounge in Crystal City is similiar to most. Breakfast consists of cereal, pastries, muffins and bagels. Afternoon snacks are a couple of hot houres d'ouvres with complimentary beer and wine, and usually some cookies.

Is it worth it? Depends on how much you eat and drink.
Old Feb 24, 2000, 11:01 am

Well, I guess i will start looking at the other hiltons in DC who have their concierge lounges open during the weekend! In the meantime this is great weather.. enjoy !
Old Feb 25, 2000, 6:57 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I have found that many hotels do not open their lounges on weekends. The rational is that they are for business travellers and business travellers do not stay in hotels on the weekends.

TW
Old Feb 25, 2000, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience is some concierge levels close on Fri afternoon and reopen on Sun afternoons. The Capitol Hilton has been open every time I have stayed there. Ditto for the JW Marriott.
Old Feb 26, 2000, 1:42 pm

Great suggestions, I will certainly look into the Capitol & JW Marriott, and very close to the metro too. BTW did you prefer one over the other?
Old May 19, 2000, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton (D)
Hilton Crystal City, VA/DC plane spotting rooms ?

newbie here...so new, I'm blue, in terms of HHonors.

Hope someone can suggest a good room at Crystal City to view plans at DCA, or are they all good ?

------------------
Thanks,
Steve
Old May 19, 2000, 2:26 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I don't think you can see DCA from any of the rooms at the Hilton. The two best hotels for this (and maybe the only ones to get a real view) are the Courtyard Crystal City and the Hyatt Crystal City, make sure to ask for an airport view room obviously, but you can get a great view of DCA from the higher floors of both of these hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.