Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Orly Airport {FRA} (no longer Honors)

Old May 12, 03, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold

I've booked two nights at the Paris-Orly airport Hilton. I've tried to find info and comments on that particular property through the search function, but not a whole lot..

What is your feedback on that hotel? Is it worth 126 Euros/night ? Is the RER walking distance from the hotel? How far by RER to Paris?
Old May 12, 03, 9:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Super Larry:
I've booked two nights at the Paris-Orly airport Hilton. I've tried to find info and comments on that particular property through the search function, but not a whole lot..

What is your feedback on that hotel? Is it worth 126 Euros/night ? Is the RER walking distance from the hotel? How far by RER to Paris?
</font>
- Is it worth 126 euros ? Difficult to say for everyone. I have stayed there and have no problem paying 126 euros (or 89 during the week-end)
- no Executive lounge or floor
- good treatment of Gold; you have an amenity (chocolates or wine); you are upgraded to a larger room, sometimes to a junior suite, but they don't have many.
- if they forget to give the coupons for the continental breakfast at check-in, do not hesitate to ask
- there is a shuttle to the West and South terminals; from the West terminal, which is the closest, get onboard the VAL to Antony (7mn) and then on the RER to Paris. Total length of journey to central Paris should not exceed 50mn.
Old May 12, 03, 11:27 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
In addition to the excellent response from Jouy31, here are some things my husband and I learned on our 3 day pointstretcher at this property last August:

OrlyVal is a nifty tram to take you from the ORY terminal stops to Antony on RER-B, but is somewhat expensive. It is not included in a Mobilis daily or CarteOrange weekly pass, but is included in the ParisVisite pass. Ordinarily, PVisite is not worth it, but this feature made it better financially. The alternate is to take the hotel shuttle bus to the terminal and another transfer bus from the terminal to the RER-C station Pont de Rungis, but this takes longer. The thing to watch is the last train times and last hotel shuttle bus times to keep from having to take a taxi home. More info here:

http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/fr/ac...t/aeroport.htm

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/a...tyhocn=ORYHITW

Close to Orly, we found a very pleasant restaurant in Antony that is an easy walk from the RER station. Head east on rue Auguste, south on the main drag Ave de la Division LeClerc to No. 56, the Bistrot du Boucher. Tasty Burgundian menu, very reasonable, terasse dining.

Old May 12, 03, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the valuable info!

Jouy 31,

How did you get the 89 euros rate? I'm staying there friday may 30th and wenesday june 4th and I had 126/night for both night. For june 4th I understand, but may 30th....it's a friday..

[This message has been edited by Super Larry (edited 05-12-2003).]
Old May 12, 03, 2:09 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I had the same problem earlier this year as I was accustomed to the 89 euro rate, inclusive of breakfast and I couldn't find it anymore ... until I asked for the rooms that did not match my preferences (possibly the non-smoking preference), and they appeared.

So checking on May 30th yielded the standard 126 euro rate; extending the choice made the HX rate appear. OK, it is 94 euros now for Queen rooms, smoking, but it is still a good deal, and you get the full breakfast, not the Continental attached to your Gold status. Enjoy your stay in Paris
Old May 12, 03, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

How interesting!!!

You were right on the money Jouy1! It' the first time I come across such a huge difference in prices for smoking vs non-smoking room. Should I call it discrimination?

I changed my reservation for the 30th and I'll save 32 euros! I also did it for the 4th of June stay and new rate of 111 euros..changed it too! And upon check-in I'll ask for a non smoking room..the worst that could happen is no!

Merci mon ami!

Old Aug 20, 03, 6:57 am

Paris experts:

I'm staying here after a late ORY arrival in December. I need to get to Gare de L'Est for an 8:35 AM train. What's the best way to get from the Hilton to the station? How much are the various options and how long do they take? Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 03, 8:01 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by guy44134:
Paris experts:

I'm staying here after a late ORY arrival in December. I need to get to Gare de L'Est for an 8:35 AM train. What's the best way to get from the Hilton to the station? How much are the various options and how long do they take? Thanks.
</font>
Guy,

There is the Air France bus that runs between Orly and Paris. It might be make the trip in the Metro shorter!

http://www.france.sk/fran-en/5afr.htm
http://makeashorterlink.com/?X5C9616A5

BTW, congratulations on making good use of the search function! You did your home work, which is not too common here unfortunately!
Old Jun 8, 05, 3:48 am

Paris Orly Metro Question

Does anyone know if one uses the metro from Orly to Notre Dame area, or you must get a more expensive ticket, like the RER?
Old Jun 8, 05, 4:16 am

The ticket is more expensive for two reasons :
- it involves the RER to Antony station
- it involves Orly Val (monorail) from Antony station to the Orly West and South terminaks
Old Jun 8, 05, 5:09 am

So it sounds just as expensive as the other airport Hilton for rail transportation and more of a hassle to get around Paris?

Last edited by sergio; Jun 8, 05 at 5:12 am
Old Jun 8, 05, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but it seems you want to stay at the airport for cheaper hotel rates and commute into Paris to visit the sites.

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan...eroport&fm=gif

I wouldn't do that as you will eat up all day sitting on trains. So the tradeoff is more in transport cost and time - lower hotel rate. Ultimately you must make the choice. btw, head over to the Paris forum for lots of good info on getting around Paris.
Old Jun 8, 05, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Back in 2000, I stayed at the Hilton Paris Orly and commuted into Paris for sightseeing everyday.

The one thing I remember about it 5 years later is that by taking the subway, I couldn't see Paris. It took something like 45 minutes or an hour each way, and all I saw was subway tunnels that look like any other subway in the world.

Hiltons in Paris either cost a lot of reward points or lots of cash (especially with the high Euro vs. dollar). That is why I chose the Hilton Orly (less points needed). The hotel itself is fine, but the commute stinks.

If you are choosing between hotels at the 2 main airports, then I would pick the one with the best above ground train service into Paris.

Hope that helps.

Old Jun 24, 08, 11:02 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
- Is it worth 126 euros ? Difficult to say for everyone. I have stayed there and have no problem paying 126 euros (or 89 during the week-end)
- no Executive lounge or floor
- good treatment of Gold; you have an amenity (chocolates or wine); you are upgraded to a larger room, sometimes to a junior suite, but they don't have many.
- if they forget to give the coupons for the continental breakfast at check-in, do not hesitate to ask
- there is a shuttle to the West and South terminals; from the West terminal, which is the closest, get onboard the VAL to Antony (7mn) and then on the RER to Paris. Total length of journey to central Paris should not exceed 50mn.
Here is an update:

I paid €110.00 total for one night while I was in Paris a few nights ago. I was told, however, that if one is the first person to book a reservation via the Internet, the room rate can be as low as €99.00, including all taxes and fees.

I was given a renovated room, complete with stylish furnishings, sleek lamps, bright lighting, faux hardwood floors, and even a raised sink on a glass counter in the bathroom. I had a view of the Orly Ouest airport terminal. Be careful, though: I do know people who were given a pre-renovated room that apparently was shabby at best.

There is no longer an amenity for Gold Hilton HHonors members. However, instead of a continental breakfast, one gets a complete breakfast from the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The offerings are quite extensive at the breakfast buffet. I was happy with it.

Expect to pay a minimum of €32.00 if using a taxi to get to the Eiffel Tower, if there is no heavy traffic.
Old Jun 24, 08, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS, B6, HA, SPG, Hilton
Ditto to what Canarsie said as the same goes for me. ( we were there at the same time )

I will just add that the Orly RER ( shuttle between metro and airport ) stops running at 11.00 PM

Search this Thread
Search Engine: