Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Orly Airport {FRA} (no longer Honors)

Hilton Paris Orly Airport {FRA} (no longer Honors)

Old Apr 19, 16, 1:55 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Figured I should post here as I was there in Oct 2014. It's an airport hotel so can't really expect too much. My room was decent newer looking one and the internet worked. I didn't try the food as I had eaten in the city and would get breakfast on the plane. Sounds like I did the right thing. Anyway for illustration.

There's a few more pics in my trip report if you want to see the bathroom and the gross tomato juice they gave me as a Gold member.
Old Jun 3, 16, 11:17 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Staying here at the moment. As others have mentioned, first impressions aren't great, the exterior looks incredibly dated (to the point where if I didn't have a confirmed, non-refundable booking, I probably would have turned around and walked straight back to the terminal and found somewhere else), the lobby/hallways are equally spartan looking too.

Rooms are a little nicer with some newish furniture. Staff seem very pleasant and I was upgraded to a junior suite, which is a good size but the fit out is pretty basic, although I think the room I had at the Hilton Paris Opera in town could have fitted inside it several times over.. Fairly interesting airport view, but no executive lounge or proactively offered replacement option, which is pretty disappointing as I had an evening to kill before my flight. I can cope with staying somewhere that makes me feel like i'm in a 1970s movie if at least there's a lounge with a decent spread *Cough* Hilton London Olympia *Cough* . I wish Hilton would try and do a bit of a better job here, or make it clearer when booking that a particular property has no lounge.

Don't think I will rush back to be honest, really the only great aspect was the rock bottom rate and convenience. Nowhere near as nice as the Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport I stayed at on my way into Paris, which in turn was nowhere near as good as the Hilton London Heathrow T5 from the night before.
Old Sep 29, 16, 4:35 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Sept 2016: quick overview

Hi,

Staying here at this moment. The place is as described as the last few reviews (incld the photos).
As a Diamond member, rather dissapointing experience - no room upgrade, no replacement for having no lounge and could not even get comp parking for the 8 hours I will be here (was too lazy to return the car and wait for the shuttle- but I am not going to pay the exorbitant 26 Euro just for the few hours).
Tip: For those returning your car to the rental center, it's actually just a 10 mins walk back to the hotel - so not bad and no need to wait for the shuttle.
Will check out breakfast tomorrow - though no recognition at all during check-in.

So far not very impressed especially with the price paid (more expsneive than the CDG property ) but am staying here since I got in on the TAP fare. If I had known, I would have stayed at the Novotel in Creteil (15 mins away by car) convenient if you already have a car.

Cheers!
Old Sep 10, 17, 9:22 am

This has already been mentioned by others in the wiki of the hotels joining/leaving thread but I thought I'd mention it here too:

"France, Hilton Paris Orly Airport will be demolished late 2017 and be replaced by a Novotel."

Per TripAdvisor, it seems that the hotel is closing in December 2017.

I'll be flying into and out of ORY for a 24 hour trip so this hotel seemed convenient enough, and at a decent price point.
Old Sep 10, 17, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
This has already been mentioned by others in the wiki of the hotels joining/leaving thread but I thought I'd mention it here too:

"France, Hilton Paris Orly Airport will be demolished late 2017 and be replaced by a Novotel."

Per TripAdvisor, it seems that the hotel is closing in December 2017...
Sad that Hilton loses a foot print, only to add to Accor's tally
Old Nov 16, 17, 4:36 am

Programs: too many
hmmm...I was planning to stay on December 30th-31st, which incidentally is the last night they'll open. Anything I should be aware of?I guess service levels would be lower than usual? Any goodbye party or something similar we should expect?
Old Dec 16, 17, 6:08 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I noticed that Hilton Orly furniture and room equipment is put on an online auction if somebody looks for memorabilia. First auction ends 18DEC.
Old Dec 16, 17, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHONOR Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by R7U View Post
I noticed that Hilton Orly furniture and room equipment is put on an online auction if somebody looks for memorabilia. First auction ends 18DEC.
Link to auction site? Thanks
Old Dec 16, 17, 7:41 am

Programs: HH D; IHG G
Originally Posted by sapguy View Post
Link to auction site? Thanks
Saying Hilton Orly Auction to my phone resulted in:

https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/u...orly/01-25585/

Same company that sold off the old Hilton Schiphol furniture.
Old Dec 19, 17, 5:50 am

Damn, too late for me :/
Old Dec 19, 17, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had I known I would have bid on the plaque outside. It was awesome.
Old Dec 20, 17, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by hfly View Post
Had I known I would have bid on the plaque outside. It was awesome.
so would I, but haven't spotted it in the lots list
Old Dec 30, 17, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post

"France, Hilton Paris Orly Airport will be demolished late 2017 and be replaced by a Novotel.".
Interesting, the front desk agent said they're getting replaced by a TGV Rail Station

Originally Posted by ng1265 View Post
hmmm...I was planning to stay on December 30th-31st, which incidentally is the last night they'll open. Anything I should be aware of?I guess service levels would be lower than usual? Any goodbye party or something similar we should expect?
I don't suppose you're still here. I just checked in. The hotel is a ghost town and the employees seem pretty sad.
Old Dec 30, 17, 3:23 pm

Programs: HH D; IHG G
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Interesting, the front desk agent said they're getting replaced by a TGV Rail Station.
This seems to be correct. Novotel Paris Cœur d'Orly opened about a month ago, next to an existing Ibis hotel, about 250 meter east of the Hilton. I think Novotel is one star less than Hilton, but this is a 'new cocept' Novotel. There's no dedicated check in desk, instead you will be greeted in the lobby by staff checking people in on tablets. The lobby has a VIP-only area reserved for Gold and Platinum members of the Accor Club.
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I don't suppose you're still here. I just checked in. The hotel is a ghost town and the employees seem pretty sad.
Well, I had to change my plans, and the FD staff did not reply to some queries I had on my booking, so I decided to give it a miss.
With this hotel gone and all BA ORY flights diverted to LCY, I'll have to find another option whenever traveling to west France

Search this Thread