Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Well - they have finally added a resort fee...$30USD a night. I booked a few nights in December about a month ago and there was no fee. Checked today and the new fee was added for future reservations. Includes, internet access, movies, telephone calls, water and a bunch of coupons. While I like the hotel and location - an additional $30 a night for really no added benefits for a diamond member means that I'll move my future business elsewhere.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, Delta
Originally Posted by dinotoon
Well - they have finally added a resort fee...$30USD a night. I booked a few nights in December about a month ago and there was no fee. Checked today and the new fee was added for future reservations. Includes, internet access, movies, telephone calls, water and a bunch of coupons. While I like the hotel and location - an additional $30 a night for really no added benefits for a diamond member means that I'll move my future business elsewhere.
Sorry made mistake in post. Thought you were talking about Resort fee at HHV.

Last edited by BBQMonster; Oct 3, 2018 at 1:32 pm Reason: Mistake
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Awww, what a bummer. I almost stayed here a couple of weeks ago and that was one of the selling points.

I double-checked and the Embassy Waikiki Beach (where I ended up staying) still appears to be resort charge-free into early next year.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Wow, that's incredibly disappointing. Booked a stay here in December for a work trip mostly for that reason. Especially seeing everything included I either already get or have NO interest in using, perhaps at check-in they'd be gracious to waive (since resort fees typically aren't reimbursable).
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Ask them to waive the fee (or at least reduce it), for a Diamond member it should be a no-brainer.

I recently ran into this "resort-fee" at the Hilton Royal Palms - Kingston Plantation, Myrtle Beach, SC. I asked if they could waive the fee and the Diamond Desk indicated that there would be no resort fee for a reward stay.

If the fee includes parking or valet parking it might be worth it. Ask what flexibility they have with that, you might be surprised.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Very sad news about the resort fee. It makes the Marriott Waikiki Beach competitive to them again.

Resort fees are the crack cocaine of the hospitality industry. Resist, resist, resist...and then the moment you start them the hotel will never end them.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:25 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
I stayed here couple nights at the end of Oct. I knew about the resort fee. At check-in, the front desk agents gave everyone a canned speech how there was now a resort fee that they hoped everyone understood.
Executive lounge OK, especially for breakfast. But in evenings still prefer the main-floor lounge for drinks and live entertainment.

Wanted to add that the hotel seems to have changed its focus from a business hotel where vacationers were very welcomed TO vice versa.
Still bunch of military personnel around, with a fair number of business people.

Last edited by Zip; Nov 3, 2018 at 9:31 am Reason: Add more info
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, hotel, are you listening? Tomorrow I'm staying elsewhere for the first time in a while because of your BS fee. (Or is that RS fee.) My typical stay is 1 to 2 nights, about twice a year, not going there for my "Hawaiian paradise vacation of a lifetime" and just want a respectable clean, convenient, and functional place to stay.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:47 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Well, hotel, are you listening? Tomorrow I'm staying elsewhere for the first time in a while because of your BS fee. (Or is that RS fee.) My typical stay is 1 to 2 nights, about twice a year, not going there for my "Hawaiian paradise vacation of a lifetime" and just want a respectable clean, convenient, and functional place to stay.
Here right now, a refugee from the Marriott labor action: I mucked my Royal Hawaiian reservation (I can barely hear the drums from half a mile away, but that's a different thread).

No resort fee for an award stay, fwiw. I am on the top floor in a three balconies, two bathroom suite with a city view and only a slice of water.

Breakfast OK, evening faire was unappetizing day one, so haven't been back.

It's fine @ 50k per night and staff are plenty hospitable, but wouldn't want to hang here for my once in a lifetime...but then, that's my view of Honolulu in general.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Very disappointing

i loved this hotel BECAUSE it was resort fee free.
Hippster likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zip
I stayed here couple nights at the end of Oct. I knew about the resort fee. At check-in, the front desk agents gave everyone a canned speech how there was now a resort fee that they hoped everyone understood.
Oh, we understand all right. Keep the base rate to where it appears to be low, then tack things on. We've stayed there and it is a perfectly fine hotel, but it is no "resort."
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I like this hotel alright, but the pool sucks. It’s in the shade a lot of the day, and tiny. The lounge is an afterthought. If the breakfast was at (or at least discounted) at MAC/24, then we’d have a winner on that count, but... it’s not.

Furnishings and rooms are very trim and stylish, I like the general feel of the rooms.

But the new resort fee just poofed this hotel out of existence for me. For the money, the ES is still the best property of all the Waikiki Hiltons, in my opinion, especially for families.

I stayed at the DT recently - not beachy but not bad. That and the newish HGI are my cheaper-business-quick stay-choices for the area.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Ask them to waive the fee (or at least reduce it), for a Diamond member it should be a no-brainer.

I recently ran into this "resort-fee" at the Hilton Royal Palms - Kingston Plantation, Myrtle Beach, SC. I asked if they could waive the fee and the Diamond Desk indicated that there would be no resort fee for a reward stay.

If the fee includes parking or valet parking it might be worth it. Ask what flexibility they have with that, you might be surprised.
There is no resort fee on award stays for anyone. Part of the perks of using all points for a stay.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:00 am

With the new resort fee, is there a definitive answer on whether it would apply to future reservations made prior to the announcement? Viewing my reservation for December, the total still shows the original cost, whilst creating a new reservation, it shows a total with the added resort fee.

Any chance of avoiding the fee, by skipping the front desk by doing an online check-in along with digital key?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ignoramus
With the new resort fee, is there a definitive answer on whether it would apply to future reservations made prior to the announcement? Viewing my reservation for December, the total still shows the original cost, whilst creating a new reservation, it shows a total with the added resort fee.

Any chance of avoiding the fee, by skipping the front desk by doing an online check-in along with digital key?
It shouldn't. I would print of your reservation showing the cost with no resort fee and bring it with you, just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.