FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Honors My Way™ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/130373-hilton-honors-my-way.html)

MoreMiles! May 1, 2003 4:57 pm

Hilton Honors My Way™

Just got this e-mail...

You've been specially selected to participate in a pilot program that lets you customize your Hilton HHonors® hotel stay benefit.

Imagine being able to enhance your stay experience with the luxury of choice. If with every check-in, you received the Hilton HHonors hotel stay benefit most important to you.

Introducing the Hilton HHonors My Way Diamond VIP Benefits Options pilot program. My Way options let you design the perfect stay by selecting the benefit you prefer most. Think of it as a different type of travel upgrade. You can choose the HHonors hotel stay benefit that makes your travel more rewarding, more comfortable, more satisfying. Free breakfast? Extra HHonors points? A luxury turndown service? You choose, and when you stay at participating hotels between June 1 and August 31, 2003, it's yours. Just sign up now and pick your benefits, and we'll take care of the rest.

The Hilton HHonors My Way Diamond VIP Benefits Options pilot program is available at selected hotels between June 1 and August 31, 2003. Don’t miss your chance to sign up to participate today – just click here - http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/myway .

This offer is for named recipient only and is not transferable. Other restrictions apply. Click here for pilot Terms and Conditions http://www.hiltonhhonors.net/UM/T.as....86.2.63190782 . You must be a member of Hilton HHonors to earn HHonors points. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2003 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.

Designtime May 1, 2003 9:34 pm

Aren't almost all of these benefits offered already? It sounds to me like they are in the process of "enhancing" their VIP benefits. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

MIKEM May 1, 2003 9:36 pm

MoreMiles,

Thanks for the post. I tried and was rejected. I guess this Diamond isn't good enough for this promotion? That figures though. The Hilton promos are virtually nonexistent now.

tide May 1, 2003 10:11 pm

Never got the email either. FWIW, I've never gotten any targeted promos from HH ever although I've averaged 120-150 nights/year for the last several years. I must be low on the totem pole for Diamonds.

a2sportsguy May 1, 2003 10:20 pm

FYI, very few hotels are part of it -- for now.

Here's the list:

Hilton®
Capital Hilton
Hilton Los Angeles North Glendale
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
The Palmer House Hilton

Doubletree®
Doubletree Hotel Boston Downtown
Doubletree Hotel Houston Post Oak
Doubletree Hotel Wilmington
Doubletree Club Norwalk

Embassy Suites Hotels®
Embassy Suites Hotel Dallas International Airport North at Outdoor World
Embassy Suites Hotel Lincoln
Embassy Suites Hotel Memphis
Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix-Biltmore

Hilton Garden Inn®
Hilton Garden Inn LAX / El Segundo
Hilton Garden Inn McAllen
Hilton Garden Inn at Seaworld International Center
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando UCF

hedoman May 1, 2003 11:16 pm

This is a marketing test of some sort. It is not a promotion. You are missing nothing if you did not get the e-mail.

mymiles2go May 1, 2003 11:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Designtime:
Aren't almost all of these benefits offered already? It sounds to me like they are in the process of "enhancing" their VIP benefits. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif</font>
I agree. I got it as well, and I kept thinking: I have to now choose between getting my free breakfast coupons or a room upgrade? What type of "my way" is this crap? I didn't do 40+ nights already this year in Hilton for it to be "my choice" of thier ways. Guess that's why I did 40+ nights this year ALSO in Marriott http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

MIKEM May 2, 2003 12:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hedoman:
This is a marketing test of some sort. It is not a promotion. You are missing nothing if you did not get the e-mail. </font>
hedoman, your right. I've been without a promotion so long I've become delusional.

MoreMiles! May 2, 2003 4:17 am

What I found interesting was that Hilton requested that those of us who got the promo choose 1 of 4 benefits for EACH of their brands. They're probably testing if w wouldn't mind foregoing the free breakfast (a Diamond benefit) to get a guaranteed Tower/Executive room (another Diamond benefit), or perhaps give up on both of them for 1000 points. Consider this to be another survey, not so much a promo.

Kitty Hawk May 2, 2003 6:24 am

My solution: don't respond to the email. Why should I help them in their quest to cut the Diamond benefits? If I never respond, then I don't have to decide ahead of time if I want an upgrade or breakfast at those properties; I still have every expectation of getting both. At least until this becomes policy, anyway.

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 05-02-2003).]

kokonutz May 2, 2003 6:56 am

I got the email. I notice i have stayed at 5 of those properties in the past 12 months. Maybe that is why?

chix May 2, 2003 7:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kitty Hawk:
My solution: don't respond to the email. Why should I help them in their quest to cut the Diamond benefits? If I never respond, then I don't have to decide ahead of time if I want an upgrade or breakfast at those properties; I still have every expectation of getting both. At least until this becomes policy, anyway.

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 05-02-2003).]
</font>

Maybe I am missing something? Why do you consider this a cut in benefits?

It appears it's like a SPG Platinum welcome amenity but only for a handful of hotels.

I think why you are saying this is that if you select free extra points, you don't get the "free breakfast" for example. I don't think that's the case as it appears all these hotels have an executive lounge where you can get your free breakfast.

If you select the upgrade benefit, your upgrade would be confirmed at reservation instead of requested @ check-in - If you select the extra points or mini bar credit, you can still request your upgrade @ check-in.

The way I read it, this is an additional program benefit if you get the invitation.

I don't think there is any reason to mock Hilton for this trial program.

So HHonors, where is my invite e-mail?

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 05-02-2003).]

kokonutz May 2, 2003 8:50 am

BTW, I picked:

Hilton: I'm all about comfort - I'd like a guestroom on the Towers/Executive level.

Doubletree: I'm all about comfort - I'd like a guestroom on the Executive level (not available at the Doubletree Wilmington or Doubletree Club Norwalk)

Embassy: I'd like some TLC - give me the Pamper Package with turndown service, bathrobe, triple sheeting, choice of pillow and upgraded bath products every time I stay.

Garden Inn: I'm a point person - I'd like an extra 750 Hilton HHonors bonus points every time I stay.

Unfortunately, I'll be at two of the participating hotels before the program starts on June 1 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif.

Rut Dog May 2, 2003 9:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMiles!:
Free breakfast? Extra HHonors points? A luxury turndown service?</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Offer T&C states:
Members may only choose the benefits listed in this website for each brand</font>
Would someone who was targeted for this be willing to list the choices for each brand? I've only seen snippets so far, not the full menu.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 05-02-2003).]

fredmartens May 2, 2003 9:17 am

Here's what I got as far as the menu of bennies:

H, choose one: executive/towers room upgrade, $10 minibar credit, free breakfast for all in room OR 1000 add'l HH points.

DT, choose one: exec level room (where available), $10 minibar credit, 1000 add'l HH points, free breakfast for all in room.

ES, choose one: Amenity (snack) box, pamper package (triple sheeting, robe, etc), 1000 extra HH points.

HGI, choose one: 750 bonus HH poitns, complimentary local calls, pavillion pantry snack, free full breakfast for up to two persons.

I'm pretty much used to getting this treatment anyway (except the bonus points or minibar credit), so maybe H is trying to slim down the roster of bennies, cut it to just one benny per stay per property, or lessen the number of options from which to choose. Again, I agree that this looks more like a survey than a bennie upgrade or "bonus".

BTW, it's maybe a total of 20 hotels across the U.S., none of which I personally am staying at in that time frame. I beleive they've already been listed here. It's also a targeted Diamond promotion.

edited for (sorta) lousy spelling cause it's too doggone early out here.

[This message has been edited by fredmartens (edited 05-02-2003).]