Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by stifle
Bradford is normally cheaper than that! My local is Dartford Bridge.
Exactly. If you're spending Ł40 at Bradford, you're there on a peak night
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Very interesting development if it comes to pass. It would probably push a number of stays back to Hilton from Starwood. One note of caution though is that over on the Starwood side of the fence, I have rarely received suite upgrades in the last 2 years as some properties policy can be somewhat "idiosyncratic". What I would be particularly interested in is a specific lower rate for Diamonds such that a Suite would never cost more than double the applicable room rate (inclusive of corporate or other discount).
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
It would be nice to see more difference between the Gold and Diamond levels.

I dont like how some hotels wont even give you free water unless it is specifically listed in your My Way. Im speaking of when you are deathly sick and need a bottle quickly.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
They try to offset the HHonor point devaluation with this....
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
"Suite Upgrades" I can take or leave (seriously - you can't eat/drink a suite/view) - as long as Guaranteed Executive lounge access and Continental Breakfast remain.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:45 pm

I would be pleased to see these changes made. Might be ennought to get me to work more towards keeping my diamond status...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Pray tell--what are the magic words we mere (Diamond) mortals are failing to utter?

Sometimes you just get lucky! I had hardly uttered "Hello" at the Anaheim Hilton when they apologized (wink wink) that they had to put me in the Presidential Suite for a couple nights because the hotel was booked up due to a cheerleading convention. It had a very nice view of the fireworks, iirc!

Most of the time, though, I get a slightly larger king studio suite at a hampton inn, or a room at a doubletree on an executive floor, whatever makes that special. I don't really know what this policy would change at most of my stays. Honestly, if they were to scrap this change but offer complimentary parking to all diamonds at hotels where there is a parking fee, I would be VERY pleased.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
If HHonor Guard is correct in his posting about this not including all brands I am disappointed. I often stay at HGIs that price out above full service Hiltons and would really like the breakfast and the points for my one to two night stays.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
Confirmed LOL.

OK, here's the skinny:

First off, the changes only affect W=A, Conrad, Hilton and DT.

• Space-available upgrades will be offered to Gold and Diamond VIPs regardless of MyWay preference.
  • Diamond members will be eligible for suite upgrades (oh SNAP).
  • Diamond members will also receive all three MyWay selections (except for W=A).

I don't think there is anything too proprietary about that info as this will all be communicated to members shortly. Big ol' disclaimer: Things could change between now and when you get the official scoop. Don't take this as the gospel truth and don't go telling some poor desk agent "BUT HHONOR GGUARD SAID...". Treat me like an unreliable narrator. Maybe I've been dead for the whole movie!

ES, HGI, HX, HW, H2 and HGV remain unchanged.
Finally an addition instead of a subtraction is announced!!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
You had me at "suite upgra..." !!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
My only reason to make Diamond (and for me, the biggest difference between Gold and Diamond) is specifically Guaranteed Executive Floor Lounge access/current benefit:

"If you are a Diamond HHonors Member, you’ll enjoy access to the Executive Floor lounge, even if you don’t receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor, including daily complimentary Continental breakfast."

This nearly equated in value to Marriott's now extinct "all-inclusive" package and makes it worth my while to make sure I have diamond status. Traveling in Europe with a family of 5 this benefit is not only a cost saver but just adds another element to a more luxurious vacation.

I hope this wording remains the same.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard;17831096[*
Diamond members will also receive all three MyWay selections (except for W=A.
I thought the two Hilton my ways were upgrade/breakfast or the extra points. What is the third myway selection?

I do like that you are adding suite upgrades
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Sorry if this has already been replied, but does someone know when the new benefits may enter in operation?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by saviox
Sorry if this has already been replied, but does someone know when the new benefits may enter in operation?
let them announce it officially first....march could be a possibility though....
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
First off, the changes only affect W=A, Conrad, Hilton and DT.
something is better than nothing....

Secondly, Oreos are America's favorite cookie and you oughta show proper respect.
couldn't agree more....

Third of all, that should have been first because Oreos are incredible.
ain't that the truth....

Space-available upgrades will be offered to Gold and Diamond VIPs regardless of MyWay preference.
so effectively this does away with myway preferences for the above mentioned brands....

Diamond members will be eligible for suite upgrades (oh SNAP).
any clue if this benefit would be similar to spg, where it depends on availability at check-in or hyatt, where they give you certs for confirmed upgrades????

Diamond members will also receive all three MyWay selections (except for W=A).
cool....free internet, points & an upgrade....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.