Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lewende
I don't think HGI is a part of the new benefits for diamond.
Yes from http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/diamond.do it still says "choose from" for HGI and quite a few others. It's Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, HGV that now offer all. Waldorf Astoria still has some elements where you have to pick although quite a few other bits are all provided.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
HGI's have never provided upgrades as part of your myway (although I have had a couple properties I stay at a lot give me a corner room, etc) and it's still a choice of the breakfast or points at HGI, not both. The change only applies to a couple of the upper level brands.

I wonder if they are going enhance HGI benefits as well though if the desk clerk told you that at check in? Be nice if they did since I stay at HGI's a lot.
Remember, HGI devalued benefits a few years ago. You used to get some sort of pantry credit at check-in, in addition to the benefits that still exist. A few years ago they took away that pantry credit.

So they have multiple options for enhanding, including bring back the pantry credit. (I wonder if the pantry credit was taken away because it was phrased in US$ and HGI started expanding overseas?)
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So they have multiple options for enhanding, including bring back the pantry credit.
In that specific case of HGI FRA this pantry credit probably is not even necessary This is very nice place because inside the same Squaire complex, one level below HGI and Hilton, is big "Your Place" ("Ihr Platz") shop. There you can find practically anything that a traveler might need and even more for _real_ prices, not typically overblown hotel pantry prices. And it is open 7am to 11pm _every_ day, including Sat-Sun!

I am here in Frankfurt to meet some people and, at the same time, for a small experimental weekend mattress run FRA HGI-Hilton-HGI Sofar it seems like almost ideal way of getting 3 stays (usually MUCH harder in Europe than in US).
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Why couldn't they have included the lower brands, too? 1000/750/250/100 points plus a 4 pack of Oreos costs next to nothing to provide and it would feel like a true value added...
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Unless they've fixed it, the 750 HGI points don't post with the stay.
I followed up on that twice - first time, the Diamond Desk fellow said "I cannot do anything except 'open a case'." They never posted. The second time, the Diamond Desk woman said, "Okay, I'll add them right now!"
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Unless they've fixed it, the 750 HGI points don't post with the stay.
So it's easy choice between real breakfast and imaginable points which never materialize
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by hbush
So it's easy choice between real breakfast and imaginable points which never materialize
I agree breakfast is a much better choice. But I use an HGI by DTW for early morning flights, and in those cases I am better off with the small number of pontis since I usually have to leave the hotel before breakfast is available and I will be fed on the plane anyway if I am upgraded and if not I can grab a bagel and oatmeal at the airport for free anyway.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stifle
I've almost always selected only the complimentary upgrade. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.

What I think is really not on is the concept of "guest room plus" and "deluxe room plus". Those aren't upgrades, they're hair-splitting exercises.
+1, so hence I abhor this high floor, room with view, corner room BS.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:47 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
I had a brilliant revelation this morning during my commute as to why this was the case, but I forgot it by the time I got to work.
If it comes back to you, I'd be interested to hear your likely correct reason why.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Got a.suite u/g on a $55 MVP rate at DT Va Beach last night. Waiting to see if points post also....
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed at the Hilton Cincinnati Airport Monday night, and the bonus points showed up a few days later :

DIAMOND MYWAY BONUS - Hilton Cincinnati Airport 1,000

Asked about an upgrade at check-in and they said they had none, even though they were still selling better rooms online.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:53 am

deleted, company policyv

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
When you stay at a Hampton the focus isn't on an upgrade to the concierge level or a free cocktail with dinner. The focus is on our Hamptonality. We're not trying to ply you with freebies, we're trying to ply with you recognition and general awesomeness.
Does that make sense?
Well... not exactly (sorry about that)... To start with, Hampton is Hilton Worldwide, while Concierge level belongs to Carlson. But from the hotel guest's viewpoint anyway, what counts is price / performance / attitude. I don't care about "Hamptonality" at all. My choice is which hotel do I choose (if there is any choice available) and I am in no way limited to Hilton family of hotels. If there will be predictably better price/performance and attitude in Carlson, OK I will go to the Radisson Blue or other Carlson (because I have Gold status also in Carlson system).

"The focus is on our Hamptonality" - that's IMHO totally wrong. You receive your money from hotel guests, and therefore your focus ought to be on hotel guests (who don't care about Hamptonality as such). Certainly hotel guests know which category hotels belong to - full service, functional service, limited service etc. But what they really care about is what return they will get from each USD or EUR spent. The chain name is of second importance or no importance at all. Loyality programs can influence guest's decisions but only between approximately comparable services.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:03 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:49 am Reason: deleted, company policy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.