Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by stifle
This is also new, although I don't see it being widely enforced into the future.
I would LOVE to see the policy enforced at some properties where the lounges are overcrowded such as the Palmer House on weekends in Chicago. The majority of the time we forced taking our breakfast to our room to eat because we can't find a seat and it feels like I am in romper room sometimes. Problem there is that you just need a keycard that is coded for floor 23 and you can be up there.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
While not an actual EL, would probably be nice at HHV also right? ^
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
I was not getting my myway 1K points at my last stay as well.
I emailed diamond desk, and they replied promptly saying that was a system glitch, and gave me the 1K points.

Originally Posted by gbryan84
My 1,000 points didn't post for either hotel stay this weekend so I just called the Diamond desk. This shouldn't surprise you but they had no clue what I was talking about so they called the help desk who also had no clue what was going on. I then suggested that we call the hotels I stayed at and happened to get a front desk manager that explained the new program to the diamond desk agent. The DDA was shocked that this program had started without them being notified so she gave me 3k points (1k x 2 stays and an additional 1k points for my troubles). She is going to send an email to corporate requesting that all agents be informed of this new policy change.

Also, the DT IAH front desk manager slipped and said that it was only to last until June 30th, lets hope she is wrong...
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
To be honest, I think that to me is a reduction in benefits. The conditions now say your upgrade might just be one-level (e.g. from Guest Room to Guest Room Plus or Deluxe Room), rather than to an executive room. Equally you might get a suite, or you might not. My next stay is Friday at the Hiton Dartford Bridge (room types being guest room, deluxe room, and suite), so I'll see what I get.
how is this a reduction in benefits????even before an upgrade to an executive room was not guaranteed....you could have gotten a one level upgrade before as well....all depends on availability....
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
One thing I notice, is the downgrade from a full breakfast to continental
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Keyser
how is this a reduction in benefits????even before an upgrade to an executive room was not guaranteed....you could have gotten a one level upgrade before as well....all depends on availability....
Exactly - my impression is that they're just trying to manage expectations so they don't get complaints from Diamonds who didn't get the top suite each time. It'll still be down to individual properties and booking levels as to what you actually get. Now to see if my stay from last night properly posts the 1k bonus or not :P
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by etsmyers
One thing I notice, is the downgrade from a full breakfast to continental
But it always has been only continental breakfast - see http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/diamond.do which hasn't been updated yet:
At Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts and DoubleTree by Hilton™, choose from:
  • A space-available room upgrade, including breakfast.**
    You will be upgraded to an Executive Floor room (where/when available) at time of check-in. If an Executive Floor room is unavailable, you will be upgraded to the next best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades exclude suites, villas and specialty accommodations. At hotels with Executive Floor lounges, if an Executive Floor room upgrade is available, you will also receive access to the lounge. In addition, you will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day of your stay.
  • Earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points per stay.
    A great way to maximize your points earnings.
Of course individual properties may offer more - in particular in Europe it tends to be a full cooked breakfast - but this is going over and above the strict requirements.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
beat me to it. lol
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:03 am

@drewdawg199
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
To be honest, I think that to me is a reduction in benefits. The conditions now say your upgrade might just be one-level (e.g. from Guest Room to Guest Room Plus or Deluxe Room), rather than to an executive room. Equally you might get a suite, or you might not.
Exactly. No change... so what's the fuss about? Now we get the extra points too? I get to enjoy the same room on the executive floor... Whoopee...
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
As a Gold who is using Amex for a few months to secure Diamond, I consider this an upgrade in benefits. It'll be interesting to see if/how the suite upgrades begin to flow to Diamonds in practice.

Right now, I'm MR Plat and SPG Plat. I think of MR as a "breakfast program": that's the main Platinum benefit; upgrades are rare and outside the promised scope of the program. I think of SPG as a "suite program" - breakfast isn't included at many brands and lounges are less common, but upgrades are in-scope and were actually delivered for me on about 2/3rds of my stays in 2011. It seems to me that maybe HH Diamond is shooting for both.

Considering that my personal uses of points place the overall rate of reward earnings at SPG and MR a smidge higher than HH, I think it makes sense to do this.

But we'll see...it all depends on how the suite upgrades are actually implemented.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Does the W-A in NYC have a lounge? If so you will have lounge access now.
Nope, just in the Towers which is run as a separate hotel. (I don't know the definitive answer to this but I think the majority of W-A branded hotels don't have lounges.) Several years is was a local hotel practice that Diamonds got breakfast vouchers for Oscars, but lately others have reported that Diamonds get a voucher for a Starbucks and maybe a muffin in the lobby. When the adjustments discussed in this thread became known my first reaction was: Ohh, maybe they'll go back to the Oscar's vouchers for Diamonds, but seems like not
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Notenut
Nope, just in the Towers which is run as a separate hotel. (I don't know the definitive answer to this but I think the majority of W-A branded hotels don't have lounges.) Several years is was a local hotel practice that Diamonds got breakfast vouchers for Oscars, but lately others have reported that Diamonds get a voucher for a Starbucks and maybe a muffin in the lobby. When the adjustments discussed in this thread became known my first reaction was: Ohh, maybe they'll go back to the Oscar's vouchers for Diamonds, but seems like not
If WA offered breakfast to diamonds I would be more likely to consider their properties. Especially the soon to open one in Chicago. Hopefully that one will have an EL.

I still think if Hilton want to improve the program they should change the breakfast from a contential to full breakfast for diamonds. That chance alone would get Hilton more of my business (such as when I am in Toronto and stay at the courtyard instead of the Hilton mainly because the CY gives a full hot breakfast buffet comped on a AAA rate).
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Notenut
There was a lounge in the W=A has it gone? It was called something like the club lounge and located on a mid floor. I recall it was a little dull and unexciting (much like the rest of the W=A) with limited canape and continental breakfast items and chargeable drinks.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As Gold, it used to be you would get upgraded to the Exec Floor if space available, now it seems they don't have to do that and could give you a Guest Room Plus. If this is correct, its a massive devaluation of the programme.

The same applies to Diamonds except you get access to the lounge.

I'd imagine quite a few hotels will follow this cheaper method and upgrade to "preferred" rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.