Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
This happened to me as well, but the 1000 points for the DT stay then disappeared from my account a few days later.
It's so good that they cannot recall the breakfast
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:35 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Wow...where have you been staying?
Embassy Suites?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:10 am

hilton munich - vip benefits set to upgrade: received upgrade, but just into a regular room on the exec. floor. no extra 1000 points were posted into the account.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Stayed at Hilton Portsmouth this WE. Suite upgrade (albeit junior one), breakfast, 1000 points. New benefits mentioned at check-in.

UTA
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Ok. I'll raise you a to your . lol
well raised....
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:31 am
Suspended

NOT a rumor, it is a fact

OK guys, it is no longer a rumor, it was indeed officially launched on 18 Jan. The HHonors manager in the Hilton Hurghada confirmed. Not sure why HHonors did only inform the Hilton staff but not the HHonors members
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
Is there any info on whether suite upgrades will be on paid stays only or awards as well?
That is the most important question for me.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LordLoungeDragon
OK guys, it is no longer a rumor, it was indeed officially launched on 18 Jan. The HHonors manager in the Hilton Hurghada confirmed. Not sure why HHonors did only inform the Hilton staff but not the HHonors members
its been confirmed by a lot of people over the last 4-5 days but as you said, we have no idea why the hhonors members have still not been officially informed....
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by Keyser
its been confirmed by a lot of people over the last 4-5 days but as you said, we have no idea why the hhonors members have still not been officially informed....
Perhap Hilton is going to give it a whirl and see if it works before making any promises to us. After all we are a bunch of whiny ship jumpers when a benefit disappears. It's better to let us be surprised at something free for a short time than to cancel an unprofitable program and make us all whine about a lost benefit.

If the_is is correct and there is some inter hotel competition going on. It may just be a temporary gimmick meant to drum up some good reviews. Something designed not to stick for long.

Either of those scenarios would explain why it's mum for Hhonors.

Of course, I hope this is the most wrong post on FT.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
Perhap Hilton is going to give it a whirl and see if it works before making any promises to us. After all we are a bunch of whiny ship jumpers when a benefit disappears. It's better to let us be surprised at something free for a short time than to cancel an unprofitable program and make us all whine about a lost benefit.

If the_is is correct and there is some inter hotel competition going on. It may just be a temporary gimmick meant to drum up some good reviews. Something designed not to stick for long.

Either of those scenarios would explain why it's mum for Hhonors.

Of course, I hope this is the most wrong post on FT.
it would actually make sense if hilton was just trying this out for a short time to see if it works....

but in this day & age, with or with ft, this is bound to get out....so their keeping mum doesn't make sense....

anyway, i guess they will announce it when they want to....
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
Definitely confirmed, but I agree that it is very strange that Diamonds were not informed.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Until I see it on a Hilton website, it's not official as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by knacko
Hi,
just come back from a Doubletree in Beijing. I saw a training sheet at the desk and ask the guy. He told me that we will get the new benefit soon.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by saviox
I will be staying at the Conrad Singapore next weekend. Would be great if the new benefits apply.
I will advise.
Please do!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
The policy applied at our stay at Embassy Suites Tahoe last week, checking out Jan 18.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by LordLoungeDragon
It is not a fact everywhere. Having been to a couple of UK properties with no news of the changes, I've spoken with the UK Hilton team. There are plans, but they are not rolled out everywhere yet, but something is imminent. For anyone staying in UK properties, most of these are not part of this scheme just yet. Beyond that, it varies by country apparently, hence the lack of an official announcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.