Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-Upon-Avon {GBR}

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-Upon-Avon {GBR}

Old Jul 21, 03, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Arrow Hilton Warwick / Stratford-Upon-Avon {GBR}

Here/there right now and the place seems to be a dump:

-allocated room on smoking floor whilst reservation states confirmed non smoking room. On rechecking with check-in desk they lied to about the 'plaza' rooms being non smoking anyway.
-no upgrade or any acknowledgement of any special treatment for diamond.
-room with a view of the kitchens HVAC.
-location is less than 1/2 mile from sewage farm and with in a stones throw of the M40. The area seems to be a rural wasteland with dumped rubbish, abandoned houses, building sites.
-cigarette butt on the carpet in the corridor, with the carpets pretty dirty and stained anyway.
-Of the few TV channels Ch5 is obviousy off satelite and is unwatchable due to a banner advising that the channel will shortly be unavailable .. please press Back button.

The most expensive Hilton in the area and for what .. oh of course the castle view of our famous Warwick Castle .. some 2 miles away, just don't look left to the building site or right to the .. enough!

Well rant mode off .. after all it's only cost 15GBP for 24 hrs internet access to post this!
Old Jul 22, 03, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
I stayed a few weeks back, no gold card upgrade, dire worn out ground floor room facing car park, no air con, the bed sheets had not been changed from the previous guest, only one supervisor and one waiter in the restaurant leading to very long waits for non carvery items and wine. My morning call and newspaper did not materialize. There was no laundry bag in the room or TV remote control unit. All for mere GB£98.

Old Jul 22, 03, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
That's exactly the treatment I'm getting .. nice to know I'm not alone.

The smoking room with the back view is due to the rate .. seems they have a 'policy' as the online booking engine shows only smoking club rooms for rate code HS. So as I felt they lied when I questioned the smoking room.

Don't seem to care for Diamond status one bit. Definate thumbs down.
Old Apr 5, 06, 6:59 am

Question

thinking of going to warwick castle

whats the best accom in the area

has anything changed?
Old Apr 5, 06, 8:10 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
I have to say I was a little surprised when I started reading this thread, bu then I noticed when it was originally posted. I stayed there in August 2004 and while it's not the best that Hilton can do I was perfectly happy. It's one of those hotels that's more like a Garden Inn, but as I recall it was clean, breakfast was good, we even ate there in the evening and that was good too.

Great location, as close to the motorway, but there's no noise, and close to Warwick Castle ... although I'm sure there are more convenient "local" hotels if that's the only reason for going there.

Can't remember much about the room, certainly it didn't register as a place I wouldn't go back to.
Old Apr 5, 06, 10:15 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Sounds very much like the Hilton Bromsgrove - will never stay there again pretty much for the same reasons. On top of that they charged for parking and a newspaper, and the room rate was £150 - outrageous!!!!

The only good thing was their fitness club and room service was some of the best I have had in a hotel.
Old Apr 6, 06, 8:19 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by alect
Sounds very much like the Hilton Bromsgrove - will never stay there again pretty much for the same reasons. On top of that they charged for parking and a newspaper, and the room rate was £150 - outrageous!!!!

The only good thing was their fitness club and room service was some of the best I have had in a hotel.

I agree that the Hilton Bromsgrove is one of those Hiltons that could be rebranded a Garden Inn. I've stayed there as well, and a very pleasant stay it was too. Can't remember having to pay for parking though, which you do have to at say the Hilton Swindon.
Old Apr 6, 06, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Travel The World
I agree that the Hilton Bromsgrove is one of those Hiltons that could be rebranded a Garden Inn. I've stayed there as well, and a very pleasant stay it was too. Can't remember having to pay for parking though, which you do have to at say the Hilton Swindon.
When I filled in the feedback questionnaire and complained about the parking charge (given the hotel is in the middle of nowhere) the manager emailed me back and said they need to introduce the charge recently to pay for the maintenance of the carpark And the Hilton Metropole Birmingham doesn't charge for parking - I would think its carpark costs more to maintain. Hilton Metropole is by far my favourite Hilton in the area.
Old Apr 7, 06, 2:41 am

We have 2 days to KILL around MAN so thought the castle may be fun
is it llike an english disneyland? or is it ok?

otherwise what else can I see around man..
also would like to stay at a hilton but they all seem to be dumps and the BIR H is sold out
Old Apr 7, 06, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by alect
When I filled in the feedback questionnaire and complained about the parking charge (given the hotel is in the middle of nowhere) the manager emailed me back and said they need to introduce the charge recently to pay for the maintenance of the carpark And the Hilton Metropole Birmingham doesn't charge for parking - I would think its carpark costs more to maintain. Hilton Metropole is by far my favourite Hilton in the area.
Wow, I've never seen a positive comment about the Birmingham Metropole before. I've stayed there and thought it was OK, but not somewhere that I'd be keen to go back to. The gym was good as I remember.

But it's a large or tired looking hotel, which has no Hhonors facilities (Club Room, Exec Floor). Although they did give us a voucher for drinks in the bar and breakfast vouchers.
Old Apr 7, 06, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
We have 2 days to KILL around MAN so thought the castle may be fun
is it llike an english disneyland? or is it ok?

An English Disneyland it certainly is not ... it's a castle, with state rooms and dungeons, and park land. Occasionally you'll see people dressed in medieval clothes. But there are no rides, no junk food, no queuing.

Also in the area is Cadbury World - still no rides, etc. - this is a chocolate factory .... no not like Charlie and Chocolate Factory. But interesting never the less and some tasters as you walk round.
Old Apr 7, 06, 6:36 am

An English Disneyland it certainly is not ... it's a castle, with state rooms and dungeons, and park land. Occasionally you'll see people dressed in medieval clothes. But there are no rides, no junk food, no queuing.

Also in the area is Cadbury World - still no rides, etc. - this is a chocolate factory .... no not like Charlie and Chocolate Factory. But interesting never the less and some tasters as you walk round.
so is it good or not

I MUST Say I love aussie carbury bur I am not sure about that english stuff
Old Apr 7, 06, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
so is it good or not

I MUST Say I love aussie carbury bur I am not sure about that english stuff
Both are worth a visit, as long as you are not expecting Disney style attractions.
Old Apr 7, 06, 5:15 pm

No I dont
I was being a bit tongue in cheek as they say here.
Old Apr 7, 06, 8:13 pm

Wow, I've never seen a positive comment about the Birmingham Metropole before. I've stayed there and thought it was OK, but not somewhere that I'd be keen to go back to. The gym was good as I remember.

But it's a large or tired looking hotel, which has no Hhonors facilities (Club Room, Exec Floor). Although they did give us a voucher for drinks in the bar and breakfast vouchers.

I did say it was the best Hilton in the area - I have had to spend quite a bit of time in Birmingham recently, and although the Metropole is not great, its crown rooms are OK and the gym is good, and its location is fine given you have a car. As HH Gold/Diamond you get a Privilege card which gets you (and thus guests) free drinks at the bar, and free buffet breakfast.

far better than the Bromsgrove, and for half the price better value than the Hyatt downtown.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: