Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree (was Hilton) St Anne's Manor, Bracknell {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree (was Hilton) St Anne's Manor, Bracknell {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2003, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Arrow Doubletree (was Hilton) St Anne's Manor, Bracknell {GBR}

Any one been to this hotel? Is there a train station nearby to this hotel? How do I get there from central London and return? How long is the journey? Can anyone help?
Old Jul 2, 2003, 4:55 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
The St. Annes Manor is between Wokingham and Bracknell, about 40 miles from Central London. Both towns have train service from London. There are two possible routes - Direct from Waterloo or from Paddington to Reading and then Reading to Bracknell. Both take 55-70 minutes.

The National Rail site will give you times of the trains.

The Hilton site has a full description of the hotel.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
If you want to save yourself a costly Heathrow express trip into Paddington you can take the RailAir coach service from terminals 1-2 to Reading rail station, it runs every half hour. Find details at www.infotransport.co.uk/cities/reading.htm
Old Jul 2, 2003, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Though I havent been there in 2 yrs - I used to go alot. It is a beautiful full service resort. Be aware that though there is train service to those towns - the hotel itself is NOT in walking distance to the train stations - as a matter of fact it is a good 1KM walk from the hotel to the main street itself. Taxi ride to Bracknell Station was around 5 pds when I did it- into Reading was around 15

HTH
Old Jul 2, 2003, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks. Really appreciate the info
Old Apr 7, 2009, 4:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed there last weekend on the winter sale rate, the hotel was very busy probably due to the low rates available.

We were in one of the Club rooms at the back of the property. The rooms are nothing special but they are quieter than the standard rooms. Useful goodies of water, wine and chocolate.

There is only one restaurant within walking distance (Loch Fyne) but Wokingham town is only a 5 minute drive and has a wide selection of restaurants and take aways.

Breakfast was very busy and long wait for coffee. Food was OK but they couldn't replenish it fast enough

Overall good value for money but the property is looking a little dated now
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Poor Diamond benefits

Stayed here last night and was ug to double deluxe. The room description says this room type comes with robes, wine, etc but when we checked with front desk we were told they have introduced a new policy. Room ug but nothing else - we had even paid a B&B rate so only benefit was a very slighty larger room. Won't be staying here again. In fact the treatment of Diamonds in UK is now so bad that I'll have to try another chain
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:33 am
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I stayed here about 4 weeks ago. Paid Ł59 for the night for 2 adults & 2 Children. We were upgraded to the new wing and got complimentary breakfast. The train to london took 55 minutes. I quite liked the hotel. It is much nicer than the other hilton in Bracknell and with its grounds, tennis courts and recreational area,would probably be very nice in the summer.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:12 pm

One of the worst properties I have stayed at a while.

1) Was next on the HHonors queue ... agent went out and helped out a 'regular'...what is the point of Diamond?

2) Rooms were upgrade, but I could not see any benefit...shower curtains too short.

3) No internet in the rooms (no wired nor wireless that I could find)

4) Restaurant took 10 minutes to take our order, did not know what beers they had on draft

5) Clerk could not give me estimates to Heathrow (it was about 45 minutes at 7am on a Monday).

It probably was more convinent to stay there than Heathrow, however.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 4:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I Have to agree with you. After the last couple of disappointing stays I am avoiding this property completely. They consistently fail to recognise their HHonors guests and refuse to provide the basic amenities that other Hiltons provide. I know that generally the UK Hiltons are pretty poor but this most be in the bottom of the league table.

If we need to stay at a Hilton near us (LHR) for a mattress run then we tend to use the Hilton Bracknell. The rooms can be variable but the staff are very good and at least you get the basic amenities.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
I stayed at this property last month, avoid it like the plague.
Cat 7 mi culo, as the previous posters mentioned, no Diamond recognition whatsoever, breakfast poor by UK standards (no omelettes or waffles) and smallish rooms even for a UK property.

The "normal" Bracknell property is at Ł45 right now and is better value IMO.

UTA
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
I have also had poor experiences here, and TBH I don't rate the Bracknell either. I wondered when I got there why the curtains were already closed when it was daylight - I realised later it was to hide the mould!

A much, much better option is the new Hilton Reading. Not much in the surrounding area but the hotel is far superior, similar in many ways to the Deansgate/Gateshead/Liverpool style. Only 10 miles from the St Annes Manor, and 25 mins from Heathrow.

Regards
RedV
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Eek.

I'm not very happy to be reading these trip reports... I'm heading to London in a couple weeks, and a coworker wants me to stay at this property, as it is close to where he lives.

The last post here, however, was over a year ago. Do they have internet in the rooms? this is 100% necessary for my stay. Also, if this place is that bad, can anyone recommend a place nearby that is better (does not need to be Hilton)? Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Eek.

I'm not very happy to be reading these trip reports... I'm heading to London in a couple weeks, and a coworker wants me to stay at this property, as it is close to where he lives.

The last post here, however, was over a year ago. Do they have internet in the rooms? this is 100% necessary for my stay. Also, if this place is that bad, can anyone recommend a place nearby that is better (does not need to be Hilton)? Thanks!
Golds and Diamonds get WiFi free of charge otherwise it is chargeable. There are a couple of random PC's at the end of one corridor but you need to buy an access voucher from reception.

The Coppid Beech is nearby and gets better reviews on tripadvisor. There is also a new Holiday Inn that has recently opened at Winnersh Triangle (A329M) - I have only had meetings and lunch there but very nice.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Also, if this place is that bad, can anyone recommend a place nearby that is better (does not need to be Hilton)? Thanks!
The Hilton Reading is 7.8 miles away. New property, more Deansgate than Stakis! No exec lounge and not much to do outside of the hotel but the best Hilton in the area. Stay away from Hilton Bracknall too!

Regards
R3dV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.