Hilton Diamond Challenge

Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Hilton Diamond Challenge

I am gold with Hilton and am looking to do a challenge. I have searched for this but can't fine a definite answer.

1. How many nights to you have to stay and in what time period
2. if I earn it this year, will I be diamond through 2013?
3. sorry if this has been discussed. i tried looking through old posts but i think that's just what there were--is old. (of course my skills may not be up to par)

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I think the only diamond challenges are offered to diamonds who did not achieve their status and they are giving them an easy way to get back. As a gold, unless your diamond status just expired, I don't think they will offer one.

The last time I remember seeing one it was seven stays or fifteen nights in 90 days from the date you registered.

Status earned through a challenge is usually only good through that calendar year, not the following year like status earned the regular way.

Of course, if you call and ask for a challenge you may get somebody who offers you something totally different, or they may say sorry.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Review this thread (start at the back and work your way forward):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...=diamond+short

Some have called and been issued a challenge - a set number of stays in a set number of days.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I am gold with Hilton and am looking to do a challenge. I have searched for this but can't fine a definite answer.

1. How many nights to you have to stay and in what time period
2. if I earn it this year, will I be diamond through 2013?
3. sorry if this has been discussed. i tried looking through old posts but i think that's just what there were--is old. (of course my skills may not be up to par)

Thanks for any help.
I called HiltonHonors desk on Friday for a Diamond challenge. In ninety days, 19 nights in a hotel.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cordelli
I think the only diamond challenges are offered to diamonds who did not achieve their status and they are giving them an easy way to get back. As a gold, unless your diamond status just expired, I don't think they will offer one.

The last time I remember seeing one it was seven stays or fifteen nights in 90 days from the date you registered.

Status earned through a challenge is usually only good through that calendar year, not the following year like status earned the regular way.

Of course, if you call and ask for a challenge you may get somebody who offers you something totally different, or they may say sorry.
I received a Diamond challenge (not requested) last May and the T&C's were exactly as described above. I was a Gold at the time and it was my third year at that level with HH so I did not have any real reason to be targeted as I am not a big spender either (maybe it was their way to pry more out of me). It did encourage me to do the 28 stays to keep it thru 2013.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by george 3
I called HiltonHonors desk on Friday for a Diamond challenge. In ninety days, 19 nights in a hotel.
Almost the same here.
Bumped from Silver to Gold,
including Diamond Challenge for 21 nights in 90 days.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Assuming award nights are counted too correct?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Just called the HHonors desk and they said my account was not showing any Diamond fast-track promotions. Has anyone else gotten that? Should I call back and try again? I have a few hotel stays coming up, so would be nice to know if I should go with Hilton or other brands..
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
I got the same answer. No Diamond challenge offer, but she said she would put in a request. That was over a week ago, and I haven't heard anything.

cat22
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:07 pm

I called and asked for a diamond challenge...currently gold. They gave me 16 nights or 8 stays between April 1 and June 30. Reward stays didn' t count she said, then I emailed diamond desk to ask if reward stays counted and they emailed me back that they DID count, so I have it in writing now
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by andreiz
Just called the HHonors desk and they said my account was not showing any Diamond fast-track promotions. Has anyone else gotten that? Should I call back and try again? I have a few hotel stays coming up, so would be nice to know if I should go with Hilton or other brands..
If you were gold and barely missed diamond they may give you the diamond challenge offer (and they may not).

However, if you barely made Gold status or recieved your gold status through some special offer or FT then it's unlikely they will offer you a diamond challenge.

I think they try to offer the diamond challenge to those who look like (from their travel history) they actually travel enough to earn the status again, or,
to members who have had Diamond status for several years and maybe just didn't make it this past year. This may include those who are top tier status at some other chains.

Good Luck! But, I would not look for a 'handout' that your travel pattern can't support sustaining. (everyone's travel pattern is different, but will likely be the determining factor).
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Smile

Since my phone call to the diamond desk did not work, I sent an email to
[email protected].

I received an immediate response, saying that if I felt I could complete 8 stays or 16 nights by June 30th, I could regain my Diamond status.

Thank you, Hilton!

^
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
I sent an e-mail asking for a Diamond challenge. This is the response that I got:

Dear Mr. HSVGuy,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your recent status change with Hilton HHonors. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

First, let me apologize for any inconvenience the downgrade of your Hilton HHonors membership tier has caused you. We are very sensitive to your concerns and appreciate you sharing your feedback. In reviewing you account, it appears you have been a dedicated Diamond member since 19xx. Thank you!

As an appreciation of your loyalty, I have placed you back to Diamond VIP status. Please understand in order for us to maintain the integrity of our program and our loyal Diamond members this is a one time exception to retain tier status. Please allow 4 weeks for your new membership card to arrive.

Way to go HILTON!!! Thank you!!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
Back in Jan I emailed HHonor and asked them for a fast track program to from Gold to Diamond. They look at my account and said I was only missing 4 nights from Diamond the year before and bumped me to diamond anyways. It all depends on your stay history I guess. But I think HH program is much easier to work with than Marriott and the customer service seems nicer at most of the places that I've been to so far.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:41 am
hch

I just got my Gold renewal mail for 2012, and it mentions:

You've also earned a shortcut to earning Diamon status - simply complete seven stays or 15 nights instead of 28 stays or 60 nights by 30 June 2012
The funny thing is that I'm already way beyond both thresholds this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.