Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

When the Executive Lounge is no longer the Executive Lounge...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When the Executive Lounge is no longer the Executive Lounge...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rayraf
IA Vanderbilt fan told me that most of the major hotels were sold out for the game so the hotel manager may not have been able to move you if he wanted.
The response from the front desk was unacceptable and should have been more sympathetic.
I finally had an opportunity to speak with the hotel general manager last week who said that his Hilton did have unoccupied rooms and the front desk should have either acted to stop the noise as a courtesy to all guests (including those staying there for the bowl game) or should have moved me (he said that while they were at ~90% occupany, there were rooms available). He said that he had received multiple complaints from guests that weekend regarding the noise and to standardize compensation was willing to offer a certificate worth 1 night's stay and breakfast for 2 at his hotel for another date in the next 6 months. As a business traveller, on an expense account who receives breakfast anyway as a diamond, it wasn't the compensation that I had expected but I accepted the olive branch he extended to maintain the relationship with this hotel. As I told him, I had never had a problem at this property before and don't expect issues in the future. I do greatly appreciate the general manager owning the issues I (and others) experienced and have tremendously more respect for them now that I did in my dealings with the front desk staff.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
A number of hotels have the (much better, imo) policy that when a group takes almost all the hotel, the special floor(s) (executive, concierge level, whatever they call it/them) are used for non-group members. (Typically, those are either people who booked way in advance, or high-level members of the hotel's program using the "guaranteed room" benefit.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.