Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Discussed a while ago.

Lots of info when you do a search, but the short version is that it is a tired hotel in a great location. Feels dated. But great service when we were there (Thanksgiving).

Beach is very nice.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
Does anyone have an email address for the Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort?

I'd like to send them an email before an upcoming stay in a few weeks, so if anyone can post the email address here or send it to me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Aussiemate
Old Aug 21, 2004, 1:01 am

Anyone stayed at Hilton Resort Hilton Head?

Think to stay there from 16-19 September, and appreciate any reports before booking.

Thanks,
Tazmania
Old Aug 21, 2004, 6:58 am

A search would give you some info. Use the term "Head" since "Hilton" is too comon here.

Stayed there last Thanksgiving. Hilton Head has a great beach. My kids had a blast. Good golfing around for the grown ups.

The property feels very dated. It needs a serious upgrade. The Marriott next door had a better "feel". The pool area is nice. I had breakfast coupons for everyone for each day. That was quite a good deal.

So, I recommend that you go to Hilton Head. I am lukewarm about the Hilton property. I will not go back until something new is built. There are other HH properties around that may be better.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by fromYXU
A search would give you some info. Use the term "Head" since "Hilton" is too comon here.

Stayed there last Thanksgiving. Hilton Head has a great beach. My kids had a blast. Good golfing around for the grown ups.

The property feels very dated. It needs a serious upgrade. The Marriott next door had a better "feel". The pool area is nice. I had breakfast coupons for everyone for each day. That was quite a good deal.

So, I recommend that you go to Hilton Head. I am lukewarm about the Hilton property. I will not go back until something new is built. There are other HH properties around that may be better.
Was there in April this year. The stay was great. There was a fair amount of construction at the hotel, and they told me they were in the process of renovating, so possibly the dated concern you have is no longer valid. Everything seemed new to me, and the property was well maintained. The health club was in a temporary location and the lobby was non-existant when I was there. I would think that by now they should have completed both. Not sure if the recent hurricane might have changed anything however...

BJfly
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:41 pm

Hilton @ Hilton Head / South Carolina

Any recent stays or reviews of this property ?
Any feed back for the first week in august with 2 kids as a diamond ?

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:25 pm

Have not stayed there, but did a walk through last month just to see it. Was not too impressed. Very "adult" like hotel. Lots of concrete.

We considered staying there a few years ago with our 2 children, but opted instead to go to the Kingston Planation Embassy Suites at Myrtle Beach. It seemed more kid oriented with a water park on the hotel property where I could sit on the balcony, drink a beverage, look out at the ocean and still see the kids playing.

My kids LOVED it.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 3:59 am

Try a search, you should score a few hits. Also look at www.tripadvisor.com.

Stayed there ~15 months ago in the off-season. Somewhat dated. Location is great and we loved walking up and down on the beach. Property feels old (70s style). The Marriott next door looked much better. I would return only if they renovate.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 9:27 pm

Programs: US CP, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Six Continents Platinum, Marriott Silver, and Hyatt Platinum
Stayed there over Thanksgiving on a cheap rate and recieved great Diamond treatment and upgrade to an oceanfront suite. I did mention it was our anniversary in the e-mail. They also sent in complimentary wine and snacks. The property is nice, but could be renovated for improvement.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:40 am
Suspended

The grounds and restaurants look a little bit dated, typical kind of floridian decor from the early 1990`s , but the rooms are all junior suites with a kitchen and a balcony, so that is definitely a big plus.

Front desk and concierge were okay, but not really helpful helping us to find a lighted tennis court.Terrible smell in the elevators from stained carpets.

Rates go down well below $ 100 in the off season, but if you are looking for a more upscale place, check out the Westin...
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there the last two years over our Easter break, and wouldn't go back. Both stays were reward stays, and as a Diamond, aside from breakfast we were not recognized for our status. The hotel last spring was in the middle of renovations, so I find it interesting that travelncguy thought it still needed to be renovated.

Our last stay was marred by the construction and the obstacles that made it difficult to enjoy the resort. I complained to management about some safety concerns, partially tiled walkways, construction materials left about and he promised to address them. He did not respond at all, and a subsequent letter to the hotel on our return was unanswered.

On the plus, side, the rooms are large and the area is very nice. I would definitely go back to Hilton Head, I just wouldn't stay at this Hilton.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:13 pm

Hilton Head Hilton

I recommend the Hilton Head Hilton. When we were there a pediatricians convention was also in progress, so there were kids galore, and all seemed quite happy.

We found the kitchenette in the room very helpful with our young daughter. There are supermarkets very near by (driving - not walking distance), and the hotel doesn't charge for parking. Supermarket shopping made eating much more economical. At night we took long walks through the adjacent condo villas, and it was very peaceful.

There is a family pool as well as an adult pool, so no one minds the kids making noise or being kids at the pool - those who want quiet go to the adult pool or sit on the decks over looking the ocean.

The property was being partially renovated when we were there last April. I would presume that they are mostly done by now. The renovations had the main lobby and the health club relocated. Both are probably much more attractive now.

My daughter liked the live band playing in the outdoor cafe, the turtles and fish in the river, the water fountains in the gardens, the kids playgroud, and of course the easily accessed and quiet beach. We also appreciated the fact that there were coin-op washing machines on each floor.

So while I agree that the cement structure building is a bit ugly (especially the corridors), I think that the experience was great, and we will probably stay there again for another vacation this year.

BJFly
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Personally, I wouldn't stay there if I had a choice. Both the Marriott nearby and the Westin on the north end of the island are much nicer.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:33 am

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I wondered if anyone had more recent comments on this property. My search didn't reveal anything in other threads.

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by zachary
Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I wondered if anyone had more recent comments on this property. My search didn't reveal anything in other threads.

Thanks so much.
Did you look at tripadvisor.com for this property? The site has some issues and you need to take the reviews with a grain of salt, but the information is often quite recent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.