Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)

Old Oct 2, 2002, 9:55 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

$229 -- Hilton Head Golf Package: 2 Nts + 2 Rounds of Golf

$229 -- Hilton Head Golf Package: 2 Nts + 2 Rounds of Golf
http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=10285578
Old Oct 2, 2002, 11:18 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thanks Doc!!!

Even with the weather risk, it's a sweet deal.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 11:33 am

Hmmm coincidentally I just started a project that will take me to South Carolina. Thanks for posting!
Old Oct 2, 2002, 12:52 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Billiken:
Even with the weather risk, it's a sweet deal.</font>
Seems like a GREAT deal!

How risky is the weather in SC?
Old Oct 2, 2002, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Arthur Hills course in Palmetto Hall is awesome. I played it last spring as the first 2 some of the day.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 4:19 pm

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
I must agree with Dugernaut! The Arthur Hills course is great. The Robert Trent Jones course should be awesome as well. We were there this summer, and it was closed for major renovation and iirc it was re-opening in early September. Also a great course. I also like the Golden Bear at Indigo Run course.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 6:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Seems like a GREAT deal!

How risky is the weather in SC?
</font>
Other than the occasional hurricane, you shouldn't have that much to worry about.

Mike
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:19 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While Hurricane Lili Hits the Louisiana Barrier Islands, ya' never know for sure where the next one may hit - but it's well worth the risk I think!
Old Dec 30, 2002, 8:24 pm

Did anyone pull the plug and stay at the Hilton Resort in Hilton Head, SC? I have booked a TEEN award for August and any insight about the hotel would be appreciated (especially upgrades/suites).

This property seemed to the best mix for a relaxing beach vacation as well as the best award value at 100K for the TEEN. The Hampton Inns would have been 100K in points and the Embassy would have been 150K. I reviewed the Hampton Inn's in Corolla, NC & Myrtle Beach, SC, as well as the Embassy Suites in Myrtle.

I have never been to Hilton Head, so I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks for any insights,

G
Old Dec 31, 2002, 2:46 pm

Hilton Resort, Hilton Head, South Carolina?

Anyone have positive/negative comments to share on this property?

Looks like a nice mini-resort for a summer beach vacation, but I have never been to the Hilton Head area as well.

Thanks.

G
Old Dec 31, 2002, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002833.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003723.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004287.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006181.html
Old Dec 31, 2002, 7:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf:
Anyone have positive/negative comments to share on this property?

Looks like a nice mini-resort for a summer beach vacation, but I have never been to the Hilton Head area as well.

Thanks.

G
</font>
I haven't been to that property, so I don't have a comment on that.

As for Hilton Head - a lot depends on what you are looking for. Summer is off-season for golf, so the prices are lower than other times (not low, in my opinion), and the area is primarily a family resort area - if you have kids they will probably have fun with the millions of other kids of all ages that are there. I wasn't thrilled with the beach, but I've lived in California and Hawaii all my life, so I'm a little biased.

email me if you are interested in more.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 7:31 pm

Thanks Folks. I guess I need to go back to Search School as my seacrh criteria didn't return these threads. Thanks.

G
Old Feb 14, 2003, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I would be interested in finding out more about this property regarding a family holiday around Thanksgiving. I have 4 boys (8-15 yrs). Is this a family oriented property?

Activities nearby...

Links in the posting above are non-functional (3/4 anyway).

Thanks
Old May 30, 2003, 10:32 am

Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island

My wife and I just decided to take a 6-day vacation there, but unfortunately August is quite sold out. Diamond Desk said they sent a special request to the general manager of the resort to see if they can accommodate me, but usually takes 5-7 days to get back to me. Then I asked her when I should claim the cert, she said you wait until after 6/1. It will still be 100,000 pts since you requested the room before 6/1.

So, my questions to you, and look for your advices:
1. Is it true that the cert is still 100,000 pts after 6/1 since I requested the room today? I kind of doubted it. Even it is true, but if they came back with nothing after 6/1, then I don't have time to book other hotels. The second one on our wish list is the Embassy Suites in Niagra Falls that is going to open on 7/26, but I believe it has to be redeemed by GLON, a different category. So, a dilema here whether to wait or not. Your suggestions?
2. Usually how long does it take for hotel to get back on the confirmation of the room, I heard somebody just tood one day, is it normally that long 5-7 days?
3. Based on your experience if you stayed in that resort, how likely they can have an reward opening for diamond memeber?

Thanks a lot.

------------------
Guiming Miao
------------

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.