Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

gold status, expedia booking, upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat

i now have gold status and have booked a couple of stays on expedia earlier. i will not earn points, of course. but will I be able to take advantage of the gold benefits like room upgrades. the guy in the call center did not know...
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
i now have gold status and have booked a couple of stays on expedia earlier. i will not earn points, of course. but will I be able to take advantage of the gold benefits like room upgrades. the guy in the call center did not know...
Reading the FAQs on FT will give you the answer @:-)

Yes, gold benefits will be given by 3rd party bookings (but not for opaque bookings)
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by OliverM
Reading the FAQs on FT will give you the answer @:-)

Yes, gold benefits will be given by 3rd party bookings (but not for opaque bookings)
If the hotel is not full and the OP does not get walked. Third party bookings should be the first expected to get walked if the room is needed.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Make sure your account number is on the reservation, don't wait until you get to the front desk to take care of it if you can add it.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.