Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen {NLD} (was Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen {NLD} (was Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2003, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen {NLD} (was Hilton)

Wpuld you recomend the Royal Park? Recommendations on other H hotels in Netherlands? Which have nice/ poor/ no lounges?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Train Help - Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen

Any suggestions for most efficient way to transit from either Schiphol or Amsterdam Central Station to Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen? Hotel is recommending train to Amersfoort and then a taxi to property. Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Hey, I lived in Soest from 1995 to 1996. Wife and I took our 2 year old boy to Soesterduinen to play. Lovely little town, and the sand dunes were way cool.

Soest had three train stations IIRC. Soest main, and Soestdijk which was near my house. You will definitely save a few euro by taking the train into one of the Soest stations nearest the hotel (the third one IIRC) and then a taxi or walk from there. May need to call for the taxi though, whereas Amersfoort will have a taxi line.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Thanks, gardener!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:20 pm

Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen--Trip Report?

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen recently? I am going to the Netherlands soon for a couple of days--will have a car as I am going to several different parts of the country. I did the normal search but didn't find too much information.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:30 am

I've stayed here several times over the past three years. Its ok is how I would summarize it. Its kind of difficult to find. The rooms are ok - beds generally good. Many of the showers have a step up (small) to enter the shower. Breakfast is somewhat expensive and its generally good selection of food and juices. The gym is just ok to break a sweat. there is a golf course there but since I don't golf don't know anything about whether you can use it.

There are better hotels and there are worse.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Ski Ag-'82
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen recently?
I was there for a conference in mid-May 2007.

My experience was very positive and I would be happy to recommend the property. The grounds are magnificent and the staff know how to look after diamonds. They even gave me a small gift of Dutch theme salt and pepper shakers.

The property can be tricky to find so go to the website and print out the directions.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
It all depends where you want to go to in the Netherlands. The hotel is right in the centre of the country with express ways nearby, so location is good although at rush hour all nearby expressways will be jammed.
Hotel offers free parking which will save you at least 40 euro per night.
The rooms are not fantastic, still have the Holiday Inn look. Pool is nice and the hotel is surrounded by woods.
All together value for money is ok during weekdays, good during weekends.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:34 pm

Programs: QR platinum
Originally Posted by best
Wpuld you recomend the Royal Park? Recommendations on other H hotels in Netherlands? Which have nice/ poor/ no lounges?
I have been in the Royal Park and the Amsterdam HILTON, the latter has a very nice lounge, no lounge at the Royal Park.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:34 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
recent stay

Just thought I'd update with some more recent info.

Stayed this week at the end of a low country tour (also stayed @ Brussels City and Rotterdam). Given welcome letter confirming status (gold) and myway preference (upgrade) and advising that I'd been upgraded to Queen Deluxe, with comp breakfast and drink in the bar. Room was fine, decent size, quirky bathroom layout (separate shower and toilet). Had a drink in the bar but very quiet, prefer a bit more life. Good breakfast (no birchermuesli but chocomilk to make up for it ). Internet was €13 for 24hours, cheap for Hilton.

Brussels City: room there was much smaller, wifi was free by borrowing the CP signal from next door, good breakfast, buzzy bar, no lounge
Rotterdam: older but I really like it, excellent lounge with champagne saucers so you can make a martini but really poor selection of beer.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there a couple of times. The food is fine, the rooms are larger than most around, the bar area is a nice place to enjoy the fireplace, drink and talk but too much chlorine in the inside to really enjoy the hotel. Oh yes, its in the middle of almost nowhere in the crowded Netherlands...............that may be a virtue or not.

MisterNice
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi -

Any recent updates?

I'll be going to AMS for 2 days & this is the only place I can afford with points (30k/night) - it's midweek, so rates are very expensive everywhere but hostels.

Is there anything to do in the area? I'll be flying into AMS. Normally, I like to stay in AMS City Centre (museums/coffeshops, etc) - but given the high cost of rooms in the city - was thinking of heading out to the country (and I have a friend in Utrect).

What's there to do in the area (walking around mostly?)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
It is a nice property but in the middle of nowhere. There are buses but a renting a car would make things a lot easier. It's about a 40 min. drive to Amsterdam (city or airport) with no traffic. Utrecht is much closer.

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Hi -

Any recent updates?

I'll be going to AMS for 2 days & this is the only place I can afford with points (30k/night) - it's midweek, so rates are very expensive everywhere but hostels.

Is there anything to do in the area? I'll be flying into AMS. Normally, I like to stay in AMS City Centre (museums/coffeshops, etc) - but given the high cost of rooms in the city - was thinking of heading out to the country (and I have a friend in Utrect).

What's there to do in the area (walking around mostly?)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it -that's what I was afraid of - everything I've read says it's a great hotel - but the location is pretty poor.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
hilton royal parc Soestduinen, Netherlands

Very small hilton hotel in a nice area. (forrest)
There is also a golfcourse and the prices are low.
Food: Breakfast is good, dinner is average.
Bar: Could be better.
Reception: Good, very nice welcom
Hilton Status: Not really an upgrade.
Rooms: Are outdated, they need an upgrade.

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.