Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen {NLD} (was Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen {NLD} (was Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum
hilton royal parc Soestduinen, Netherlands

Regarding the upgrade: Are you Hhonors gold or diamond?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
I am diamond member

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:05 am
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: HHD
Suite

Did you ask for an upgrade to a suite?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH D
The bar-area I like. It's somewhat like a hhonors-lounge, but open to all guest. They've got an interesting and very well chosen selection of beers and wines. One side of the bar looks like this lounge with billiards and all, the other side is like a small Pub with darts. So not like the average hotel bar at all. Rooms also have a different feeling, because of their designer Scandinavian furniture. All rooms have a large balcony, some have a preferable view. Health Club and pool are fine for a hotel this size.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Yes please
I have never really seen the point of this hotel. Despite being between two biggish towns (Amersfoort & Utrecht) and just off a motorway it is surprisingly difficult to get to. The so-called golf course is no more than a puffed-up putting green which certainly does not vaut le détour. There is nothing - absolutely NOTHING - in the area of any interest, and the surrounding streets consist of large houses populated entirely by people who seem to do little other than await death. Even the railway station next to the hotel has closed; quite remarkable in such a railway-centric country. A very strange place indeed.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like I should visit to see what its like.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:19 pm

Three nights paid stay at a great rate (65 Euro) as HHG.

I can confirm most of the things said before: the hotel is difficult to reach and in the middle of nowhere. Closest train station is Soest Zuid (2.8 km), but hotel recommends to take a taxi from Amersfoort (about 9 km, 20 Euro). Coming from Amsterdam, reaching Soest Zuid isn't so easy anyway and requires an extra change in Baarn.

The hotel is surrounded by the "Royal Park", an area with golf course and some condos, but is right next to a big road (N413). Across the street, there is a large wooded area which is perfect for walks.

I stayed there over the weekend to relax and catch up with some work, and apart from the fact that it's a pain to get to, it was perfect for this purpose.

Check-in. Upgraded to a King Deluxe on the top floor (2nd). As HHG, I had a welcome amenity, free water and a bar voucher for a welcome drink.

Room. Large and comfortable. Separate bath and WC (as often in the Netherlands). Plenty of space for suitcases and a large desk to work. I did not have the feeling that it was dated.

Breakfast. The Hilton properties in Amsterdam have better breakfast.

Restaurant and Bar. One negative point is that you're stuck at the hotel since nothing else is near, so you'll end up having lunch and dinner at the hotel as well. The selection of sandwiches for lunch is OK and they have a pretty large list of dishes for dinner as well. I had lunch and dinner twice and thought that it was OK.

Gym. In the souterrain together with the spa and swimming pool. While spa and swimming pool close from 10 pm to 7am, the gym remains open. Gym is not huge, but large enough. Mostly empty on the weekends apparently.

A very enjoyable stay (especially at that price). If they improve the breakfast a bit and offer a shuttle service from nearby train stations, then it would be perfect.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
We got exactly the same treatment as above and I would agree with the summary. We had a nice 2 day stay this weekend. the staff were all lovely. Breakfast on Sunday was very busy so they took names and put out coffee and croissants in the foyer which was sensible. the swimming pool is very nice; the steam room was broken. I do wish they had put dampers on the doors as the noise from them shutting down the corridor was considerable.

We had asked to be put near my Mum and Dad and were promised this would happen but it did not. The room book says you have to pay for all TV but this is now not the case.

It is a really lovely area; without a car you would be pretty stuck.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:18 pm

Smile

Hilton at Soestduinen:Had a great stay,nice wellness,good breakfast.Service for Diamonds has been better since 6 months.

Pascal

Last edited by ITravelElite; Jan 18, 2014 at 12:34 am
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:24 pm

The Hilton Royal Parc is a nice hotel in the forest

The Hilton Royal Parc is a nice hotel in the forest. Go for a nice walk or bicycle ride.
The rooms are ok, not very luxe.
The breakfast is very good with nice products.
Animals are allowed in the hotel, so if you are allergic ask a special room.
The bar is nice, but often very quiet.
I recommend this hotel for people who like to play golf, there is a nice golf-court next to the hotel.
For business, i recommenced the Hilton Den Haag or Rotterdam is that is possible.
For leisure: The swimming pool is very nice!

Last edited by ITravelElite; Jan 20, 2014 at 12:04 pm
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Pascal, you already opened a topic for Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...therlands.html

We can continue talking about the hotel in that topic
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Thank you all for your feed back on this hotel. I plan to stay here at the end of April 2013. The hotel seems to offer exactly what I want: tranquility. The Kröller-Müller museum and park seems to be near by. An attraction I did not manage yet to visit. This time I will take advantage of the vicinity and go there.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
So I completed my 3 night stay at the Hilton Royal Parc. I have been upgraded ahead to a King Deluxe Room which was a very nice gesture. The front office manager told me that this hotel opened as a Holiday Inn, then changed to Scandic and after that was named Hilton.
At check-in we got two vouchers for a welcome drink, as has been mentioned by other FTers. The bar is in the basement and thus has little atmosphere (no windows, no views). However, we ordered two glasses of champagne and indeed got real champagne.
We ate dinner at the restaurant twice and found it excellent (without being overly expensive). Breakfast choices were limited and service seemed disorganized and reluctant and times.
The pool area also has a sauna. It was nice to go there. We did not try any spa treatments.
We made it to the National Park 'Hoge Welouve' and visited the 'Kröller-Müller-Park' and Museum. You will park your car at one of the entrances and then use free bicycles to move on. A great experience.
Without a rental car I would find it difficult to move around. There are restaurant choices nearby (the neares seems to be "t'Hoogt" which is far better than it looks from outside. For a relaxing stay I would return without hesitation.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:53 pm

Sounds like where I lived from 2001 to 2012. I was right down the street from De Smickel. If you have kids with you, this is a great spot to grab a traditional Dutch Pancake dinner. It's located on Lange Brinkweg in Soest. I recently returned and the place has not changed.

Originally Posted by gardener
Hey, I lived in Soest from 1995 to 1996. Wife and I took our 2 year old boy to Soesterduinen to play. Lovely little town, and the sand dunes were way cool.

Soest had three train stations IIRC. Soest main, and Soestdijk which was near my house. You will definitely save a few euro by taking the train into one of the Soest stations nearest the hotel (the third one IIRC) and then a taxi or walk from there. May need to call for the taxi though, whereas Amersfoort will have a taxi line.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:33 am

Spend one night for training at Hilton Soestduinen.
Area is great, nice forrest for walking and a Golf Course directly at the Hotel.
Rooms: I was upgraded to a suite as Diamond Member. I am a returning guest and I was welcomed by my name.
I had dinner at the bar (there is also a restaurant) and ordered a Hamburger, Prices are relatively high. I paid 20 euro for a burger.
As Diamond member I got a free drink Voucher, so that was nice.
This hotel has a very nice indoor Pool, SPA en Fitness Club. I like this.
There is no Lounge, I would recommend this hotel to build one because there are a lot of business guest during weekdays.
Breakfast was free for Gold and Diamond members with a Full buffet and nice service.
No fresh Salmon at breakfast.
Prices for rooms are going from 59 euro in weekends to 200 weekdays.
You can visit places like Utrecht, Amersfoort in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.