Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

get points back for a reward stay cut short?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL

Can I get points back if I check out early?

Let's say I got a 3 night cert and check out after 2 days. Is there an easy way to get the points for the additional night back?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
NM.....

Last edited by lewende; Dec 29, 2011 at 9:58 am
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by germansoks
Can I get points back if I check out early?

Let's say I got a 3 night cert and check out after 2 days. Is there an easy way to get the points for the additional night back?
I highly doubt it, unless there is an emergency of some sort in which case you'd need to call HHonors to discuss.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:55 pm

it depends

you have to ask the hotel if you can check out early without a penalty. If they agree they will not penalize you (or charge you points for the night you are not staying) they can award your points back, but this is up to the hotel.

you should call hhonors to ask how this works before you check out to make sure it is taken care of properly.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Why don't you make 2 separate reward reservations: first for 2 nights and the second for last night. There is no difference in point costs and you have the flexibility to cancel the third night w/o penalty (if you do it in time).
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I did this recently. But it took some follow up. Saved 35k points though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.