Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2003, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigKing:
I used to stay at the LAX Hilton frequently and in addition to the issues you mentioned I stopped staying there because they frequently had ENORMOUS group meetings that overwhelmed the lobby, parking, etc with people not even staying at the hotel. It made it uncomfortable to leave the room and the rooms are not great. Now I stay at the Hinlton Garden Inn El Segundo. There is no comparison in terms of comfort and the price is generally slightly less. HGI is better for, among many other things: Friendlier Service, Much better parking situation and it is free parking, free internet, newer and nicer furnishings, more television channels, safer location in my opinion, closer to more and much better restaurants than those on Century Blvd. I could go on and on but since I started staying at the HGI you will never catch me back at the Hilton.

[This message has been edited by BigKing (edited 11-10-2003).]
</font>
Although I've posted above that my Hilton LAX stays were satisfactory, I do agree with you about HGI. Unfortunately, the 3-4 single nights that I chose Hilton over HGI was because of the rates. HGI was about $50 more on those nights. I do like HGI and stayed there 2-3 times this year as well, but for 1 nighters I usually go with the less expensive options as long as it's acceptable property which Hilton LAX is in my book. I usually come in evenings and leave very early.

Old Nov 10, 2003, 10:25 pm

I agree with what is being said. But don't forget the ES North for your stays eithers. The rates are good and I've never had a problem.

I will stay at the ES or the HGI over the regular Hilton unless they are sold out.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
Other than an occasional oversized robe, the Towers rooms are fairly much as you described the non-Towers rooms. If its lounge access you desire, you gotta be gold or diamond. I am tired of their 100% greasy evening food, snotty staff stuff so I try to stay at the nearby HGI for my HH stays at LAX. No lounge but *FREE* high speed internet, *FREE* full breakfast etc, and a lotta nice people too. Actually I enjoy the evening meals at the HGI more than those at the Hilton and they are less than half the price if I dont want to leave the hotel.

MisterNice

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 11-07-2003).]
</font>
i feel the same way too ... isnt it ironic that a chain lower in the totem pole is more desirable in many ways?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I couldn't resist replying to this thread.

I can't say enough good things about HGI's. I usually stay at the one near PDX or LAX/El Segundo.

Clean rooms, great atmosphere, nice staff(PDX staff were great), in-room internet, great low rates, triple America West miles.

HGI is always my first choice.

[This message has been edited by ByrdluvsAWACO (edited 11-11-2003).]
Old Nov 11, 2003, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
I just found out, due to a schedule change, that I have to stay overnight at LAX again before an international flight. You can bet you sweet bippie that I'm staying at the HGI El Segundo. With any luck I'll get upgraded to one of the special technology rooms again. They're a blast.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
I always stay at the Embassy Suites LAX South in El Segundo. It borders the southern end of the airport on Imperial, a half block west of Sepulveda right where the 105 ends. Extremely convenient and the best hash browns anywhere. Get a room on the 5th floor on the airport side (mostly doubles) and watch them come and go from LAX from your balcony. Why you guys always skip the full breakfast and a 2-hour happy hour for an Honors lounge at a Hilton or HGI is something I can't figure out. And I'm Diamond.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerseySlime:
I always stay at the Embassy Suites LAX South in El Segundo. It borders the southern end of the airport on Imperial, a half block west of Sepulveda right where the 105 ends. Extremely convenient and the best hash browns anywhere. Get a room on the 5th floor on the airport side (mostly doubles) and watch them come and go from LAX from your balcony. Why you guys always skip the full breakfast and a 2-hour happy hour for an Honors lounge at a Hilton or HGI is something I can't figure out. And I'm Diamond.</font>
I will tell you why. *FREE* full breasfast at the HGI, and they will customize an omelet better than any place within 30 mi, 50 tv stations, *FREE* broadband etc. I stop for a bottle of premium booze at the nearby Ralphs and have a 4+ hour Happy Hour for $12 rather than a hangover from the cheap booze and salties at the ES. Did I mention far less screaming tots too? Bottom line; the ES aint bad but the HGI is nicer.

MisterNice

Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:55 am

Related question: does anyone know if I can beat the LAX Hilton's $12/day sekf-parking rate? There seems to be no shortage of parking garages in the area but I haven't had time in the past to shop around. I believe the Parking Spot garage directly behind the hotel is $15/day. I'm more than willing to walk a few blocks.

Better yet, anyone know of any legal overnight street parking in the area?
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:55 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
YYZC2, if you're willing to walk a few blocks, you can park overnight free on the North side of 98th St. , W. of Airport Blvd. I did this 2 weeks ago when I stayed at the LAX Hilton and always do it when I stay at the Sheraton Gateway. I also understand that the LAX Garden Inn has free parking for guests, but haven't checked it out.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:00 pm

Could not get a room at the HGI so I went back to the Hilton LAX...

Same boring room but at least I was not dissapointed as i knew what to expect..

Although...I order a bowl of soup when I arrived..cost $5.25, the guy on the phone asked me if I wanted bread, I said yes please...

I got the check and they tried to charge $5.00 for 2 slices of stale bread...

It went back with the waiter...

Thieves....
Old Nov 14, 2003, 3:59 am

Hi Ferarri!

I'm just wondering if we are staying in the same hotel as I'm now in a room on the 13th floor in the Hilton LAX and the room is nice.

Furnishings are new, toilet looks a little old but it's ok. Really nothing much to complain about.

And the internet is up and running again. Am using it to send this message.

Will be going over to the Hilton Checkers tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Gary

------------------
Travelling makes the world smaller and friendlier.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 7:14 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Like many of the posters, I agree that HGI is the better choice. El Segundo is a nice, quiet area, and the hotel is well-run. I understand that part of the reason why (according to the HGI staff at the SFO South HGI) is because the LAX HGI is run directly by Hilton (unlike many other properties) as kind of a "test" property, and so they want to make sure everything goes right. BTW Ocn_Vw_1k, the parking is free, or it was in August when I was there last.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
LAX Hilton - What a Dump

I checked into the LAX Hilon on 2/5 as a Gold & asked for an upgrade. I got a dungeon in room 14XX. It was dark, dreary & wellworn. I called the GM & asked for another room. No problem I was told. 30 min later the front desk called & I was awarded room 15XX, an overpowered smelling jusd-cleaned room. At that point I called reservartions to book the ES LAX South. Booked. So I was transferred to CS, who sent mr to HH who sent me to Reservations who sent me to HH who sent me CS. At that point I hung up. Fine, cheat me once, your fault, cheat me twice....Next thing the Front Desk Mgr called & asked if I called CS. Yes, I'm unhappy...well as we're booked up for the nite we'll clean a suite for you... in room 16XX. Cool. Try to get a beer @ the bar...I'd have to set myself on fire first. So I setttled for room service & hunkered down for the nite. Next am @ 0545...no paper & no zip check out:rolleyses:....seemed the papers were late & a printer broke...

nice lobby, nice everything until you get upstairs....Never again. Embassy Suites here I come.

------------------
Hazmike HH Gold, NW Platinum, MR Platinum
Old Feb 13, 2004, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
I have stayed at the Hilton LAX many times, it is abit worn but I think its great. The Club room is very nice, the staff helpful, and location super!
Old Feb 14, 2004, 7:40 am

I have to agree with the last poster. I have always been treated well at the LAX Hilton. Gold treatment has been good, they even changed my rate for double points/miles after my stay when I had booked the wrong rate. I like the lounge, especially the view of the airport. They either have given free or forget to charge me for parking, I am not sure which.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.