Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton's New PROMO Q1 2012 - "More nights"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton's New PROMO Q1 2012 - "More nights"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:51 am
Suspended

Hi FTers,

could anyone comment that if rewards stays are eligible for this promo?
and a combination of paid and reward too?

Thanks a lot
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Pretty timid--not even double points for those paying more than $100 per night.

I guess I'll give 25 nights to Marriott to get 50K MR points (effectively triple points), and leave the scraps for Hilton.
Has Marriott announced their promotion already?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
With each promotion the non-participating list seems to get longer.
Interestingly, there are over 230 "nons" in the U.S., and only 10 in the rest of the world!! Two of the biggest concentrations of "nons" seems to be in the Phoenix and Orlando areas. Surprisingly, to me at least, all NYC hotels participate.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Notenut
With each promotion the non-participating list seems to get longer.
Interestingly, there are over 230 "nons" in the U.S., and only 10 in the rest of the world!! Two of the biggest concentrations of "nons" seems to be in the Phoenix and Orlando areas. Surprisingly, to me at least, all NYC hotels participate.
Winter time is probably the worst time to visit NYC weather wise. Most tourists stay away. On the other hand, lots of people from the north had to Florida or Arizona for vacation in the winter. I would say this promotion is spot on for leisure travelers.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
pretty decent promo....by the looks it i'll have about 5-6 weekend stays this quarter....that's about 30k bonus points....
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:20 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Winter time is probably the worst time to visit NYC weather wise. Most tourists stay away. On the other hand, lots of people from the north had to Florida or Arizona for vacation in the winter. I would say this promotion is spot on for leisure travelers.
It's actually been quite nice in New York this winter albeit a tad cold. Not a snowflake since Halloween (yes, Halloween).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
pretty decent promo....by the looks it i'll have about 5-6 weekend stays this quarter....that's about 30k bonus points....
More than that, as the bonuses for this promo stack:
Can an HHonors member receive both 1,000 Bonus Points per night and the 5,000 Bonus Points for a 2-night weekend stay?

Yes. Guests will receive 1,000 Bonus Points for each night of their stay and an additional 5,000 Bonus Points for a 2-night weekend stay. For example: A stay with a check in on Wednesday and check out on Sunday.
  • Wednesday = 1,000 Bonus Points
  • Thursday = 1,000 Bonus Points
  • Friday = 1,000 Bonus Points
  • Saturday = 1,000 Bonus Points
  • 2-night weekend stay of either [Thursday + Friday] OR [Friday + Saturday] = 5,000 Bonus Points (only one 5,000 point bonus per weekend)
Totaling to 9,000 Bonus Points for the stay.
So 5 weekend stays = a minimum of 35K, if I'm reading this right.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:25 am
Suspended

7,000 points plus room rate and charges for a 2 night weekend stay is not too shabby.

Although it appears that a 2 night Saturday and Sunday night stay does not qualify as a "weekend stay."
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Although it appears that a 2 night Saturday and Sunday night stay does not qualify as a "weekend stay."
That is a little surprising, especially as Sunday night rates are often the cheapest of the week in many markets.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
7,000 points plus room rate and charges for a 2 night weekend stay is not too shabby.

I don't think that's right. Sunday night is still considered a weekend night. The example given in the FAQ's shows a Sunday check out, but that doesn't mean you must check out on Sunday. I called the Diamond desk and the CSR confirmed it for me (although I know that is not necessarily a guarantee).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:33 am

I am guessing that if you stay for say, four conscutive weeks, through 4 weekends, you would only get one 5,000 point bonus?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:41 am

Never Mind!

"If an HHonors members has as a stay that encompasses 2 weekends will they receive two 5,000 Bonus Point weekend bonus?
Yes, they will receive 5,000 Bonus Points for each of the qualifying weekends."

Awesome! To tell you the truth I am so happy to get anything. I stayed at a non participating hotel for 3 months last quarter and didnt know until I checked out.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I don't think that's right. Sunday night is still considered a weekend night. The example given in the FAQ's shows a Sunday check out, but that doesn't mean you must check out on Sunday. I called the Diamond desk and the CSR confirmed it for me (although I know that is not necessarily a guarantee).
As I posted on that other thread, I certainly hope that the Sunday night would count, but at least when I read the terms and conditions it would not.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:00 am
Suspended

That's good to know but I would feel alot better if they gave a Sunday night stay over as included in the weekend stay examples.

The reason that I am cautiious about this is due to the fact that SPG often states that weekend rates are on sale, and I include a Sunday night as a weekend night. However, whenever you try to book a special weekend rate at SPG for a sunday night, it does not give you the special discounted rate, whereas it does on Friday and/or Saturday.

Therefore, whenever I see a mention of a weekend night promotion and the example does not include a Sunday night I am a bit skeptical until proven otherwise.

Hilton is a different company than SPG, but I would rest more easily for you, if, when one were tyring to book this deal, that you get the name of the agent who advises you of such, that's all.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Dec 28, 2011 at 4:06 pm
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The Hilton exclude list is just stupid. This promo does nothing for me and certainly does not drive business to Hilton. Have not even opened the exclude list as this is so boring. I will await if anything comes from SPG or Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.