Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton's New PROMO Q1 2012 - "More nights"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond/Marriott Gold
Promo works for me. Just signed up. I was surprised to receive an email confirming that I'm successfully registered. Never got one on previous promos.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:16 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Not bad. My existing reservations for Jan-Feb (five stays, nine nights) net me 14,000 bonus points. I guess there will be more.

Last edited by SPBanker; Dec 28, 2011 at 4:22 am
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by holtju2
It won't count for the 5K bonus. You will, however, receive the 1K bonus per night.

It won't for the weekend 5K bonus. Please reread the Terms and conditions of this promotion.
Okay, I've reread the T&C's three times. The question asked if the stay was from Saturday to Tuesday, so wouldn't that also be eligible for the weekend bonus? How does it not qualify....Saturday is one weekend night and Sunday is the second consecutive weekend night, then the Monday and Tuesday. Wouldn't that get four nights, of which two are consecutive weekend nights= 9,000 points?

bj-21.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:40 am

No need for speculations anymore:

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/pyo/q1...ights2012.aspx

Offer valid between January 1, 2012 through March 31, 2012 ("Promotion Period") at any participating hotel in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. (Click here for a list of non-participating hotels.) Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/MorePoints prior to completing any eligible stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Offer subject to availability at participating hotels and cannot be combined with other select offers and rates. Registered HHonors members will earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per night of their stay during the Promotion Period. In addition, registered HHonors members will earn 5,000 HHonors Bonus Points for weekend stays. For the purposes of this offer, a "weekend stay" is defined as at least two consecutive nights between Thursday and Sunday. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Good to have a separate thread for the promo.

Credit where it is due to FlyingOnceMore who found this promo originally earlier today in this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17701628-post114.html
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by blackjack-21
Okay, I've reread the T&C's three times. The question asked if the stay was from Saturday to Tuesday, so wouldn't that also be eligible for the weekend bonus? How does it not qualify....Saturday is one weekend night and Sunday is the second consecutive weekend night, then the Monday and Tuesday. Wouldn't that get four nights, of which two are consecutive weekend nights= 9,000 points?
Sunday night is not considered to be a weekend night for this promotion.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...s_faq/index.do

Can an HHonors member receive both 1,000 Bonus Points per night and the 5,000 Bonus Points for a 2-night weekend stay?
Yes. Guests will receive 1,000 Bonus Points for each night of their stay and an additional 5,000 Bonus Points for a 2-night weekend stay.
For example: A stay with a check in on Wednesday and check out on Sunday.
Wednesday = 1,000 Bonus Points
Thursday = 1,000 Bonus Points
Friday = 1,000 Bonus Points
Saturday = 1,000 Bonus Points
2-night weekend stay of either [Thursday + Friday] OR [Friday + Saturday] = 5,000 Bonus Points (only one 5,000 point bonus per weekend)
Totaling to 9,000 Bonus Points for the stay.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Sunday night is not considered to be a weekend night for this promotion.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...s_faq/index.do
I think this is down to the way you read it and not to just take the example they give and exclude other options.

Thursday-Sunday to me reads that Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun are classed as a weekend so if you stayed Sat+Sun you would get 5k points.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I think this is down to the way you read it and not to just take the example they give and exclude other options.

Thursday-Sunday to me reads that Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun are classed as a weekend so if you stayed Sat+Sun you would get 5k points.
First of all I would certainly HOPE that the Sunday night would qualify as well. But, based on the terms and conditions it would not seem so.

What is a "weekend stay"?
For the purposes of this offer, a "weekend stay" is defined as at least two consecutive nights between Thursday and Sunday.
Two consecutive nights BETWEEN Thursday and Sunday. Basically two options; Thursday + Friday or Friday + Saturday.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
First of all I would certainly HOPE that the Sunday night would qualify as well. But, based on the terms and conditions it would not seem so.

Two consecutive nights BETWEEN Thursday and Sunday. Basically two options; Thursday + Friday or Friday + Saturday.
Like I say, I think it's the way you are reading it.
Two consecutive nights BETWEEN Thursday and Sunday

So a Sat+Sun night falls between the range of between Thursday night & Sunday night surely?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Like I say, I think it's the way you are reading it.
Two consecutive nights BETWEEN Thursday and Sunday

So a Sat+Sun night falls between the range of between Thursday night & Sunday night surely?
That's what I'm reading it as, unless I'm misinterpreting the T&C. If someone starts a stay on a Saturday and checks out on Monday, wouldn't that booking then yield 2X1,000 + 5,000 for the weekend booking?

Maybe someone from HHonors can clarify it on here before someone books and doesn't get the 5,000 points for a Saturday and Sunday.

bj-21.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Pretty timid--not even double points for those paying more than $100 per night.

I guess I'll give 25 nights to Marriott to get 50K MR points (effectively triple points), and leave the scraps for Hilton.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by RAPC
Good to have a separate thread for the promo.

Credit where it is due to FlyingOnceMore who found this promo originally earlier today in this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17701628-post114.html
Having it posted twice doesn't bother me because I don't spend much time on threads with "speculate" in the title, though I agree some credit to the person who found this would be appropriate.

That said, there's a long list of facilities that aren't participating.

I value Hilton points at a half cent each, so the weekend one is worth about $25 to me -- not bad if you're good at finding deep discount rates.

Bob H
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/pyo/q1...ights2012.aspx

1000 Bonus Points per Night
5000 Bonus Points for a Weekend Stay (Two Night Minimum between Thursday and Sunday)

Non Participating Hotels
beats a sharp stick in the eye.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:51 am

N.B. the lengthy list of nonparticipating hotels:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...ls_q1/index.do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.