Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2003, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Anyone stayed at the reopened Millenium?

Has anyone stayed at the Millenium Hilton in NY yet? I've got a NY trip at the end of May and it's on my list.
Old May 6, 2003, 12:04 pm
Commander Catcop

Not here... not yet anyway.

The local radio stations started airing commericals saying that guests are coming to see "old Friends" at the Millenium.. Friends = workers.

It also mentioned the special cancellable weekend rate of $149 which is mentioned in a another thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007226.html

That's a great rate for NYC IMHO>

This hotel was one of the best I've ever said in. Guessing it should be the same great hotel again.
Old May 6, 2003, 2:16 pm

i will be there wednesday thru friday this week. i will get back to you over the weekend !

scott
Old May 6, 2003, 3:50 pm

How far is this new hotel from this Embassy Suites that is at: 102 North End Avenue. I stayed here and didn't know there was another Hilton in the area.

Plus, shouldn't there be another 'n' in Millennium?

Old May 7, 2003, 3:13 am

I've found a $149 rate (1st night non-refundable) with full american breakfast for beginning of August - is this reasonable for the standard of the hotel. Is it located near to the "touristy things"?

[This message has been edited by grantb (edited 05-07-2003).]
Old May 7, 2003, 8:03 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
yashan, They've always spelled it "wrong." Maybe they're trying to compete with the Waldorf's bizarre "=" in the middle.

grantb, It's across the street from the World Trade Center site. It's close to Wall Street, which I wouldn't classify as the prime touristy stuff, but the subway connections are very good and you can't beat the price. It'll be much more expensive once it's up to speed (if it's as good as it was).

I'm booked for the end of May. I'll report back.
Old May 7, 2003, 8:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by grantb:
Is it located near to the "touristy things"?

[This message has been edited by grantb (edited 05-07-2003).]
</font>
It's located across the street from ground-zero. I won't consider that "tourist attraction".

During the weeek-day, you can pay a visit to wall-street and NY stock exchange. During the weekends, there are not much going on in downtown. However, you can walk to Battery Park and then take the ferry to the statue of Liberty. It's also walking distance from SoHo and Chinatown.

Perhaps other New Yorker can give you a better idea of lower manhanttan.

Have fun.

Old May 13, 2003, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
bump?
Old May 14, 2003, 8:29 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt

I've not stayed, but since I live here I walked in last week to look at the lobby and took a small tour. I saw one of the rooms and they are impressive with the plasma screens and all.
Old May 14, 2003, 9:03 am

I stayed there last wednesday and thursday night @ the rate of $179. Since i am diamond they upgraded me to a junior suite.

VERY VERY nice !!

the bedroom had a big screen plasma tv, and the entire hotel had a new fresh feeling and smell to it

the comp buffet breakfast was excellent

the view into the pit was very erie/emotional. I am a native ny, 9/11 hit very near to my heart.

the business center is not up and running yet and neither are the inroom coffee makers

OVERALL - GREAT HOTEL/GREAT STAFF/GREAT EXPERIENCE
Old May 14, 2003, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the update!
Old May 29, 2003, 7:16 pm

New York Hilton Millenium

I am looking for information from anyone who has stayed there recently. I am Hilton Gold and am especially interested in executive lounge and other benefits. Thank you all again. Terrapin.
Old May 29, 2003, 7:24 pm

I AM PLAT, No lounge so they give you breakfast at the restaurant. It was tremendous !!!

great / sad view of the pit - great service

the r train is right outside the door to uptown

century 21 is next door ( the best designer shopping in nyc )

hope that helps

scott
Old May 30, 2003, 6:52 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
the r train is right outside the door to uptown</font>
Do you know how far away the E train stop is? Ms. rtpflyer and I will be staying here in August and need to catch a morning train at Penn Station and the E would be more direct. The E and R looked on the subway map like equally close stops, but then the map may not have been to scale.

Old May 30, 2003, 7:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
I AM PLAT, No lounge so they give you breakfast at the restaurant. It was tremendous !!!

great / sad view of the pit - great service

the r train is right outside the door to uptown

century 21 is next door ( the best designer shopping in nyc )

hope that helps

scott
</font>
You are Hilton Plat.? If so, what is that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.