Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2001, 6:21 am

It is being reported by the NY Post that the Millennium has severe structural problems. Enjoy the memories of past stays there.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesmilesmiles:
It will be months - if ever - when this Hilton re-opens. There is structural damage that belies "just" the broken windows and soot/dust. </font>
Old Sep 14, 2001, 6:27 am

I saw the video of the foyer with all the dust.
i was really saddened as i had thought about staying there in the near future and i almost know the hotel from all your postings.
it was like looking at a REAL memory today.
you guys really paint a realistic picture of hotels .
Then when we go there for the first time its like returning to an old favourite!i do hope I get the chance to stay there on my trip next year.
Old Sep 14, 2001, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Every morning for 6 mornings this past Febuary my husband, daughter and I would open the curtains of our 42nd floor suite in the SW corner of the Millenium Hilton to the BRIGHT sunlight reflected into our room from all the relective windows of the twin towers across the street. We were there to celebrate his 50th birthday with his sisters, gathered from across the US. We have some wonderful memories of that week together. It is very painful to think of this loss (on such a minor personal level) when I know how much so many people are suffering now that lived and worked there (in some instances their whole lives) at "ground zero". Although I have looked for reports on TV that would show the hotel I have not seen those particular shots that some of you mention here. The closest I've seen are some amazing pictures of the tiny little Trinity church right next door to the hotel completely covered in ash.
So many losses...., large and small.

[This message has been edited by vindesante (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old Sep 15, 2001, 8:40 pm

The Millenium Hilton is closed until further notice.
Old Sep 19, 2001, 5:20 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
I had reservations for myself and my ex-gf (trying again) for the friday and saturday after the attack. Hilton were great about canceling the reservation, but I shall miss the hotel. Ill be staying at Time Square from now on.

Jon
Old Sep 20, 2001, 6:02 am

Thursday's New York Times reports that, "The Millenium Hilton Hotel is also structurally sound, the survery says, though it is missing some front windows and its lower facade is damaged."

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/20/nyregion/20STRU.html

[This message has been edited by wigstheone (edited 09-20-2001).]
Old Sep 21, 2001, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I had a strange, sad thing happen today. Double-Dip miles appeared in my FF account for a stay at the Hilton Millenium last Thanksgiving.

It seems like everywhere I turn, I keep getting reminded of this tragedy.
Old Oct 1, 2001, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Hilton's CEO Stephen Bollenbach is quoted in yesterday's Boston Globe as saying the Millenium will reopen in 6 months.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, RC PLT, SPG PLT
Not sure how I would feel about staying at the Millennium after if re-opens. I love the hotel and the service. I stayed at the hotel Memorial Day Weekend and was, I think on the 49th floor, looking out at the WTC. I have some pictures from my room, looking at the towers and at the plaza. Just to think what that view looks like now. Empty. Very sad.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 3:22 pm

Six months sounds very aggressive, given the length of time it will take to complete clean up and recovery of the WTC site and the fact that the hotel is situated directly across Chuch Street. But at least it is still standing and structurally sound.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Any news on when the Embassy Suites will reopen to the public? I understand rooms are being used by disaster relief personnel.
Old Oct 4, 2001, 7:19 am
Original Poster

In the same article in the Boston Globe, Bollenbach says that he expects the ES to be open even sooner than the Millenium.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:57 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Just bumping this back to the top. Anyone have any updates?

I know that the nearby Embassy Suites reopened last month so I'm hoping now that the ruble is finally cleared across the street that they'll unveil (literally) the Millennium and get on with the repairs.

Sad sidenote: I used my last piece of Millennium Hilton notepad paper yesterday. God, I loved that property. Great service delivered with a smile and usually an upgrade to boot ...
Old Jun 27, 2002, 3:15 pm

I spoke to a friend of mine who was the concierge at the Millenium Hilton and he told me that hotel is scheduled to re-open in September. This was corroborated by the concierge at the Hilton Times Square. I truly miss the Millenium and their nice corner suites.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 1:27 pm

Location: Dallas-Texas &#0124;&#0124; American Airlines Exec Plat, Hilton Gold Member
Millenium Hilton

Has anyone heard anything on the Millenium Hilton in NY re-opening? Last I heard it was supposed to open in Sept, now I have heard early 2003.

Planning a vacation to NYC next March, and trying to figure out where to stay. Wanted to give the Millenium Hilton a go, since I already tried Hilton Times Square.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.