Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Santa Monica (was DoubleTree) {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Santa Monica (was DoubleTree) {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Anyone stayed here recently?

Any Diamond benefits?
Other than the brand-standard a Diamond benefits, I've found this property to be accommodating when a specific room location is requested. Since it's an all-suite property, there isn't a lot of variation in size.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:59 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
This property actually play games with upgrades!

First, they place you on a non-HH floor (low floor, facing the 10 freeway, etc.) and when you display dissatisfaction, they move you to a HH floor and thereby avoid further upgrade and actually get fake sense of content.

No lounge here as this is a DT and Diamond here booked for 2 adults and our 2 kids and yet cover breakfast for 2 persons only.

Awful tired old furniture with musty smell in the rooms!

No thank you for being a member at check in and no Diamond recognition or even mention! Diamond here who paid published rate on Hilton.com - rates aren't cheap here even though the property is about 15-minutes walk from the pier through the park (shortcut)!

Old May 9, 2022, 10:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I stayed here a few times back when it was a DT and would suggest parking in the city garage that is literally across the street.

https://www.santamonica.gov/places/p...king-structure
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dw
I stayed here a few times back when it was a DT and would suggest parking in the city garage that is literally across the street.

https://www.santamonica.gov/places/p...king-structure
Good advice. In my case I got a rate that came with parking for a very reasonable fee. Definitely worth checking into if you're booking there.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
I've got a reward stay booked here in March 2023. Any recent stays/info? Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:44 pm

Completely unremarkable property but close to SM pier, Third Street, etc.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:43 pm
qed

Programs: American LTG, Bonvoy G, Hilton LTD
Recently stayed here for a few nights. As recommended in this thread, I parked across the street in the Civic Center garage. Overnight parking generally runs double the garage's daily max, so it's $10 on Sunday morning, $19 on Sat or Mon, and $28 other days. The hotel charges $52 per overnight but of course it's valet and you get in and out privileges. There is also a parking-included room rate that can be a good deal, depending on the delta over the standard room rate. Breakfast buffet was fine, $28 per person, there were also ala cart menu items but none that were significantly less than the buffet. The Hilton F&B credit was applied correctly. The hotel was quite busy with a conference so no early check-in and no upgrade. My suite was on a high floor overlooking the highway. Noise level was modest didn't bother me at all. Housekeeping was done daily and they did a good job. Last topic: late check out, always a hassle at Hilton, even for LTD. So the evening before my checkout day, I go to front desk, and ask if we could negotiate a late checkout for tomorrow. The agents asks my room number, types on her computer, looks up and says she can give 12:30. I say I was really hoping for 1:00. She looks at her computer again, types again, and then says she can give 12:30. I guess I was the only one that thought we were negotiating. She then adds that if I ask in the morning I might be able to get 1:00. So I did and I did, but what a hassle. Looking forward to trying out the new IHG Regent on Ocean Ave next year --- my wife is IHG ambassador and late checkout will be automatic. And one last random comment wrt DoubleTree Suites being purpose-built - this is not my experience. In the Northeast, I saw multiple Embassy Suites retagged as DoubleTree Guest Suites, thus saving the costs of the then popular Embassy Suite perks (free breakfast, evening reception).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.