Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
This hotel appears to be reflagged as a Doubletree I noticed whilst doing a uk search.......not seen nothing in the press about this but apparently it’s had a big refurb and “ repositioning “ according to a post on google.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
This hotel appears to be reflagged as a Doubletree I noticed whilst doing a uk search.......not seen nothing in the press about this but apparently it’s had a big refurb and “ repositioning “ according to a post on google.
well the refurb was long overdue, it’s been a dump for years and I believe Doubletree status is a good move, with those tiny rooms I couldn’t believe it was a Hilton. Perhaps they will become more realistic in their rates now too.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
thanks for the heads up. I did a search on Hilton.com and indeed this hotel is no longer available to book. No details on the website on when it'll be accepting guests again.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by wantan
thanks for the heads up. I did a search on Hilton.com and indeed this hotel is no longer available to book. No details on the website on when it'll be accepting guests again.
Might have been just for the dates you were looking at, or an IT issue. The DT Bath is showing and available.

As for the naming, I was checking hotels in Bath / Bristol a couple of days ago and it was still down at the Hilton Bath. Looks like a change made online this week.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:28 am

https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...NDI/index.html > not exactly full of information, looks like it's closed until end of the month.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Looks like you can book from April 6th
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Any new information? I expect to stay in Bath next August, arriving and departing by train and walking everywhere, and am considering this Doubletree, the Indigo, and the Travelodge Waterside. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

August is a long way away. I'd wait and see what survives.
:D! likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, TomMM. That's obvious, now that you say it. it make me wonder if I should make (cancellable) reservations at two or all three of the hotels. I would like to have a place to stay once I get there, and I wouldn't expect a survivor to lower its rates.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by serpens
Any new information? I expect to stay in Bath next August, arriving and departing by train and walking everywhere, and am considering this Doubletree, the Indigo, and the Travelodge Waterside. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.
Feedback on the Indigo is excellent. All being equal it wouldn't cross my mind to stay at the Doubletree if it is half as good as reported.
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Just stayed here. As a Diamond was upgraded to a King Supreme. Quite spacious room. Room is fine with big TV, sofa etc. Nice and clean and obviously refurbished not too long ago. Only kettle in room instead of coffee maker but then is only a Doubletree. Cookie provided. Ate in restaurant which was fine too. £15 parking charge in car park next door. Overall quite happy with it.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 7:06 am
cjd

Stayed last week for a couple of nights and upgraded to King Superior room. Room was quite small so not sure what the difference is between this and Deluxe rooms. Perhaps its the view over the river but that view is slightly spoilt by the ground floor rooftop of the hotel. Small bathroom with good shower, no bath. Ate in the restaurant one night and food was nice but very slow service. Complimentary full breakfast as Diamond. Good location in city centre with parking in adjacent Podium car park under hotel and Waitrose store. Last time we stayed here, it was a Hilton hotel, but Doubletree is probably the correct brand for the hotel now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.