Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:42 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Thanks for the tips. The London properties for one night cost more than my daily driver though, lol.

UTA
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MileKing
Anyone been to the Bath Hilton since the renovations?
I stayed at the Bath Hilton for 4 nights in April, in one of the renovated rooms. As a diamond, I was treated fairly well (chocolates, wine, sparkling and still water every day), room was much nicer than the room I had 2 years ago. They were still renovating, but i was lucky to get one of the updated rooms. I believe this is one of the Hiltons that is now owned by Hilton anymore, just managed by them.

cat22
Old Jul 26, 2008, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Hopefully the introduction of other Hilton Family brands to the UK will help set some expectations to travellers, particularly from North America. Hiltons can be relabelled as other brands more in line with the levels of service provided.

I'm a Brit now living in the US and when I'm 'home' I rarely need to stay in a hotel but Hiltons would never really be on my list, unless like last weekend I had a night stop at LGW and needed something convenient. Hilton LGW fitted the bill nicely; put in one of the new rooms, Executive Lounge access with free booze (during happy hour) and free internet. And for £79+VAT ^
Old Jul 27, 2008, 2:00 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cat22
I stayed at the Bath Hilton for 4 nights in April, in one of the renovated rooms. As a diamond, I was treated fairly well (chocolates, wine, sparkling and still water every day), room was much nicer than the room I had 2 years ago. They were still renovating, but i was lucky to get one of the updated rooms. I believe this is one of the Hiltons that is now owned by Hilton anymore, just managed by them.

cat22
Do they have A/C in the rooms yet? Bath can get pretty hot during the summer....

Originally Posted by Fraser
Hopefully the introduction of other Hilton Family brands to the UK will help set some expectations to travellers, particularly from North America. Hiltons can be relabelled as other brands more in line with the levels of service provided.
Exactly.

There a world of difference between the Hilton Manchester Deansgate or the London Hilton/Park Lane (both rather good) and the Hilton Bristol ()

-- Dambus
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by squeeler
I stayed in the Hilton Hyde Park last year, which was shocking. The reasons are far too numerous to mention. I contacted Hilton, who just passed the buck to the local manager. I got the usual platitudinous reply.......... "When you next come to stay with us..............". Fat chance.
Try the Hilton Islington. Smaller, more obscure, off the beaten path, more motivated staff, better. I had a personal thank-you email from the GM after my stay in May -- and I was there on Priceline rate!

The Hilton Bath sounds poisonous.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:03 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Stayed at the Bath Hilton a few years ago, pre-renovations obviously and it was one of the worst Hiltons I ever experienced.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Bump. Can anyone else chime in with recent post-renovation specifics on this hotel?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Rebumping.
Old May 8, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Herb687
Rebumping.
+1

Wondering if anyone has a view. Tripadvisor isn't very complimentary at all, considering using a diamond force for a reward stay on the upcoming bank holiday for a single Saturday night. Not ideal but as we're leaving it last minute there isn't too much availability around Bath that is reasonably priced.

Alternatives are Hiltons/Marriotts in Bristol, or just commuting from Hilton/Marriott Swindon (a bit far out but rooms available @£50)

Thanks for any views (currently leaning towards staying so we can enjoy Bath, hotel isn't hugely important as we won't spend much time there apart from breakfast and sleep!).
Old May 8, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Nearly all the former Hilton National properties seem to be moderately venomous or worse, even the renovated ones. With rebranding maybe they'll invent a new low-end brand for all those awful places. Marriott should do the same. When they were Stakis one knew they were awful and expected it; when they're hilton we expect a little better. The Swallows were the same story and Marriott has not helped.
Old May 8, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Gold & bunch of mainly useless other bits of plastic
Originally Posted by littlevoices
+1

Wondering if anyone has a view. Tripadvisor isn't very complimentary at all, considering using a diamond force for a reward stay on the upcoming bank holiday for a single Saturday night. Not ideal but as we're leaving it last minute there isn't too much availability around Bath that is reasonably priced.

Alternatives are Hiltons/Marriotts in Bristol, or just commuting from Hilton/Marriott Swindon (a bit far out but rooms available @£50)

Thanks for any views (currently leaning towards staying so we can enjoy Bath, hotel isn't hugely important as we won't spend much time there apart from breakfast and sleep!).
I was there over Christmas 09. If being in the centre of the city is as you say your main requirement then I'd go for it. The place was tired and certainly feels more like a Travelodge then a Hilton but can't fault the location.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
[QUOTE] Alternatives are Hiltons/Marriotts in Bristol, or just commuting from Hilton/Marriott Swindon (a bit far out but rooms available @£50)[QUOTE]

The Bristol Hilton (on a motorway junct some way out of the centre) is dire..a local B&B would offer more comfort and better value.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
The Bristol Hilton (on a motorway junct some way out of the centre) is dire, a local B&B would offer more comfort and better value.

Last edited by Alinlondon; May 9, 2010 at 2:47 am
Old May 8, 2010, 4:09 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by littlevoices
+1

There's a new Doubletree on the outskirts of Bristol, not far from the M5. Haven't stayed there, but it's a rebranded property and looks like it's been renovated for the change to Doubletree and it's only a category 3. See:
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...MJDYCSGBIVMVCQ
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Updated Information on this property?

Has anyone been to the Hilton in Bath recently and can provide updated information on the rooms, service, etc.? It's now a Category 6, which seems inflated, if it is still in the poor condition as reported in this thread. Also, is there still no air conditioning in the rooms? The room description on their website does not mention any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.