Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:20 am
cjd

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I'm staying at this property right now and am very impressed. Early check-in was requested and made available at 830am without a fuss. Breakfast in Glasshouse is superb. Service at every contact point is exceptional as well. The view from the Executive rooms are also very nice. Definitely ^^^.
A few years ago, booked an Exec Room and we were upgraded to one of the 2 penthouse suites. Very nice. Had a huge wrap around balcony with table and chairs and great views. Suite had 2 bathrooms, lounge and dining room with bar. Sadly only got upgraded to a Corner Exec Room on our next visit, but still enjoyed the hotel. Liked that they let you use Glasshouse Restaurant for full breakfast instead of the lounge. They also collected us from airport in complimentary Mercedes car. Good service.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:58 pm

Staying at Dubai Creek in a couple of weeks then staying at Jumeirah beach for a couple of nights - I thought I read somewhere that there is a shuttle service between the two - is this correct or am I imagining it :-)
Old May 19, 2010, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by cmanc
Staying at Dubai Creek in a couple of weeks then staying at Jumeirah beach for a couple of nights - I thought I read somewhere that there is a shuttle service between the two - is this correct or am I imagining it :-)
There is a shuttle bus, not sure if it'll go directly to Jumeirah as it's also used for dropping people at the malls / gold souk. You'll also need to book a place, as I recall there'll be a leaflet in your room giving the operating times.
Old May 22, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: BA silver
it certainly went directly to the hotel when we used in April. You do need to book it in advance- a day ahead should do. Have to say we only used the shuttle once. Have to say I found the beach to be crowded and difficult to get a seat, although we did get eventually. Their beach is not exclusive to hotel guests. Have to say that I was glad we were staying at Dubai Creek.
Old May 22, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: NZ, QF
Originally Posted by fiona
it certainly went directly to the hotel when we used in April. You do need to book it in advance- a day ahead should do. Have to say we only used the shuttle once. Have to say I found the beach to be crowded and difficult to get a seat, although we did get eventually. Their beach is not exclusive to hotel guests. Have to say that I was glad we were staying at Dubai Creek.
I just checked out Hilton Dubai Jumeirah today after a weekend getaway. Agree with you that the beach was crowded - the whole section was full of people on friday afternoon. The pools were crowded as well.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
We're just back from the Hilton Jumeirah and the Dubai Creek. Both hotels are great. We had originally booked into the Creek for our first night but that was disrupted due to the volcanic ash. Hilton Dubai reservations were great as I had prepaid the room and they changed it for our last night at the same rate as we paid( our flights dates were changed). Staff are really nice and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite, which was lovely. Breakfast in the Glasshouse was very nice with good choices and the executive lounge has a nice outside patio for the happy hour(6-8pm)-it wasn't too hot to sit out.

We didn't find the beach too busy. It is busier at the week-end as the public can use it at a charge. The shuttle leaves the Creek for the beach at 11am and comes back at 4pm. If you want to be in the business part of Dubai, the Creek is the hotel for you but if you want to be at the beach, stay at the Hilton Jumeirah. The Dubai Creek hotel is only about 10 mins from the airport.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The public at large is not the issue per se, but rather expats who have club membership and often use it at the weekend (Dubai isn't too bad, check out the Hilton AD and see how its really jammed at the weekend).
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:22 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fiona
Just completed a 4 night stay at Creek and I agree with fiona - pool area crowded at Jumeirah and loungers (except on the beach) were hard to come by. Hilton Jumeirah was/is not to my taste. The Creek Hilton exceeded expectations; great Exec Plus room (declined suite upgrade as only available after 1st night - we didn't want to move after being on the road a while before); service was exemplary eveywhere in the hotel - especially in the Exec Lounge ^ Dinner at Verre by Gordon Ramsay was superb ^. Breakfast is probably (overall) the best Hilton breakfast experience I have had anywhere ^. Would always stay here in Dubai unless I absolutely had to stay in Jumeirah - then it would be Ritz Carlton. Oh, and I made Diamond whilst on this trip, so all-in-all a great stay!

Last edited by NoY; Jun 3, 2010 at 1:01 am
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seriously I am somewhat shocked, when I was there not so long ago the Breakfast buffet was perhaps one of the poorest that I have seen anywhere. What has changed?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:22 pm

The breakfast BUFFET is nothing special IMHO, but the a-la-carte menu (included in the price) that you can pick from is extensive and quite superb.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The breakfast BUFFET is nothing special IMHO, but the a-la-carte menu (included in the price) that you can pick from is extensive and quite superb.
i agree....the buffet breakfast is nothing to write home about....i always order from their a-la-carte menu....
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by NoY
great Exec Plus room (declined suite upgrade as only available after 1st night
I've stayed there about a dozen times and never been offered a suite upgrade although Jumeirah has. Mind you the views from the exec plus rooms are cracking.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:10 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
When I said "Breakfast is probably (overall) the best Hilton breakfast experience I have had anywhere"...the key word for me was "experience". It's certainly not just about the actual buffet. Here's why;

* Warm greeting on arrival.
* Attentive serving staff - who actually smile
* Full (pretty standard) buffet - but good qulaity ingredients.
* Buffet replensihed regularly.
* Excellent a la carte menu choices at no extra cost.
* A pleaseant bijoux dining space - not a giant room rammed with bodies!
* Kitchen happy to customize menu items with no problems at all.

Overall, as was the rest of the hotel, the place ws effeiciently managed. I had come from the Conrad in Cairo just prior to this stay and I have to say, the Creek Hilton wins hands down.

Enjoy!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by NoY
When I said "Breakfast is probably (overall) the best Hilton breakfast experience I have had anywhere"...the key word for me was "experience". It's certainly not just about the actual buffet. Here's why;

* Warm greeting on arrival.
* Attentive serving staff - who actually smile
* Full (pretty standard) buffet - but good qulaity ingredients.
* Buffet replensihed regularly.
* Excellent a la carte menu choices at no extra cost.
* A pleaseant bijoux dining space - not a giant room rammed with bodies!
* Kitchen happy to customize menu items with no problems at all.

Overall, as was the rest of the hotel, the place ws effeiciently managed. I had come from the Conrad in Cairo just prior to this stay and I have to say, the Creek Hilton wins hands down.

Enjoy!
I have to agree that the breakfast staff and ambiance are exceptional, but the buffet selection is pretty poor. They do make a mean omlete from the alacarte menu though.

I am also beginging to notice that the Executive Lounge is begingin to look more and more like a mini Kabul with all the contractors and salesmen that seem to transiting through the hotel.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 10:40 am
NoY

Update from Dubai Creek Hilton this weekend. Guests staying on the Executive Floor (paid and upgrades) will not now be automatically entitled to Breakfast in the Glasshouse Restaurant Breakfast must be taken in the Exec Lounge only. I spoke to one of the management regarding this and was told that there would be "discretion applied for regulars" but this is the new policy as of 4-6 weeks ago - the charges were removed from my bill. So, personally, I will be fine thankfully, but not so good in general I am afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.