Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Old May 3, 2008, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The above post is from my wife We're off there next week and am pleasantly surprised to hear such good things about the property considering we booked it due to it being fairly close to the airport for our last couple of nights!

We got Verre confirmed, my wife called the hotel.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:32 am
NCL

Programs: HH Diamond, BA blue, Virgin flying club silver, Skywards silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott silver.
Hilton Dubai Creek Glasshouse promo

On my last stay at the Hilton Dubai creek in June, I seem to recall an offer they had on in the Glasshouse restaurant, where on a Monday and Wednesday all drinks with a 2 course meal were 10Dhs a drink which was great value!

Can anyone tell me if this was a short term promo or is it a regular offer? (We`re taking a last minute break there for 3 days next week and I was just wondering if the same offer might be on)
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:50 am

They tend to have promotions at various times of year, during June they brought back the 1Dhm a drink !

Not sure if they'll be doing anything during December
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:34 am
NCL

Programs: HH Diamond, BA blue, Virgin flying club silver, Skywards silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott silver.
OK, thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: BA silver
Anyone stayed here recently? We are due to go in the next fortnight. We are on the executive floor so are wondering it there are positive comments re the club lounge?
Also would appreciate any recommendations on places to eat nearby? Would love to find somewhere along the lines of Jalan Alor(KL) street restaurants.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:57 am

I have stayed in many hotels in Dubai and the Hilton creek is my least favorite. The hotel was BORING. snoooooooooze. It was not my cup of tea. The rooms were nice, but I like some energy in a hotel and this one had none.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
I have stayed in many hotels in Dubai and the Hilton creek is my least favorite. The hotel was BORING. snoooooooooze. It was not my cup of tea. The rooms were nice, but I like some energy in a hotel and this one had none.
while i would not say this hotel is boring, i would choose the hilton dubai jumeirah resort over this property in a heartbeat....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
Fiona,

How long are you staying for and are you on biz or holiday?
Creek Hilton has a new exec lounge (well its prob 2 years old now) and it's fine with good canapes and drinks from 6-8pm although it's a while since I was there so things may have changed.
It's a great location for downtown and the Creek (obviously) but Jumeirah is (again obviously) much better for the beach and it is right in the middle of 'New Dubai' ie Marina and JBR which is walking distance and full of cafes, restaurants etc.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: BA silver
thanks all- we didn't fancy the beach hotels but chose the Creek as we can use the Jumeirah facilities as well if we want- which we probably will. We have 6 days.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:44 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by Purdey
Fiona,

How long are you staying for and are you on biz or holiday?
Creek Hilton has a new exec lounge (well its prob 2 years old now) and it's fine with good canapes and drinks from 6-8pm although it's a while since I was there so things may have changed.
It's a great location for downtown and the Creek (obviously) but Jumeirah is (again obviously) much better for the beach and it is right in the middle of 'New Dubai' ie Marina and JBR which is walking distance and full of cafes, restaurants etc.
Interesting that they have a "new" lounge. Is it bigger than the "old" lounge? I hope so. When last there 4-5 years ago the lounge was too damn small to accommodate guests and some (including myself) were sent to the bar dowstairs with drinks vouchers (but no canapes of course) so I felt a little cheated Am visiting again this year & would be keen to hear of any recent experiences of over-crowding......or not
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I stayed in both hotels last weekend. Both properties' lounges have a nice selection of canapes in the evening, though Jumeirah as a bit more to choose from (a chocolate fountain and fresh strawberries come to mind). The Creek has free wi-fi in the lounge. At Jumeirah Beach, there's no free wi-fi, and no free internet from either of the 2 computers in the executive lounge. There is a single computer in the business center hooked up to the internet, but I think there's a strictly enforced 10 minute time limit. Breakfast in the lounge at the Creek is continental, but I was told when I checked in that I could have the full buffet in the regular restaurant, which is excellent and has a bevy of choices. The Jumeirah lounge has hot food in addition to the continental. I know the Jumeirah lounge had a "pork station" at breakfast and think there was something similar in the main restaurant at the creek. The Creek's location is not as convenient to restaurants, shops, etc. as Jumeirah, but I enjoyed the walk into Deira and Bur Dubai. I was on executive floors at both properties. At Jumeirah, I got a suite, which was quite large and had two balconies. The room at the Creek was smaller and did not have a balcony. I liked both properties and would be happy returning to either. The Jumeirah lounge is quite a bit larger than the Creek lounge, but I didn't find either to be particularly crowded.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:01 pm
NoY

Great information, thank you. I seem to recall (though it's a bit hazy!) that the Creek lounge was very narrow - with a limited number of seats - do you know if has it changed location or just been expanded? Many thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Great information, thank you. I seem to recall (though it's a bit hazy!) that the Creek lounge was very narrow - with a limited number of seats - do you know if has it changed location or just been expanded? Many thanks.
The lounge is on the Mezzanine level. It's sort of divided into halves (the two halves are longish and somewhat narrow, but the space as a whole is almost square divided by the partial wall). As you enter, on the left side is the desk, where executive floor guests check in and check out. Beyond that, there are probably 4 or 5 groupings of 4-6 seats and a couple of grouping of 2 seats. There's also an internet-enabled PC. On the other side, opposite the desk is the bar, with a self-service cooler with beer and soft drinks. Beyond that, I'd guess there are about 8-10 tables with 2-4 chairs at each table. Breakfast and the canapes are put out on a long table along the center wall near the tables. Next to the bar is an exit to the terrace, where there also about 8-10 tables. Hope that helps.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:26 am
NoY

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
The lounge is on the Mezzanine level. It's sort of divided into halves (the two halves are longish and somewhat narrow, but the space as a whole is almost square divided by the partial wall). As you enter, on the left side is the desk, where executive floor guests check in and check out. Beyond that, there are probably 4 or 5 groupings of 4-6 seats and a couple of grouping of 2 seats. There's also an internet-enabled PC. On the other side, opposite the desk is the bar, with a self-service cooler with beer and soft drinks. Beyond that, I'd guess there are about 8-10 tables with 2-4 chairs at each table. Breakfast and the canapes are put out on a long table along the center wall near the tables. Next to the bar is an exit to the terrace, where there also about 8-10 tables. Hope that helps.
Very helpful, thank you ^
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Purdey
It's a great location for downtown and the Creek
Yep, it's the right time of year to walk along the creek to the Gold Souks etc, I nearly always stay here first for a couple of days before heading out to Hilton Jumeirah.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.