Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2021, 8:59 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Confirmed that they are deflagging:

Opinions on the two alternatives? Haven't stayed in either and not exactly ideal as was intending on the first two nights being near the airport. So probably the HGI Culture Village, the Canopy or Curio at the Souq it will be.
This is indeed sad news and I'm sorry I wasn't able to find this out but both employees were very pensive and evasive about discussing this so I didn't press the issue.

I have stayed at the HGI Al Muraqabat. It reminded me of a mainland Chinese hotel, kinda thrown together, very cramped, narrow halls, located in a dense area of town and closer to the DXB flight path, although I don't recall any aircraft noise.

I also stayed at the HGI at The Mall of the Emirates (quite a taxi ride from the airport) I can only say "biohazard" as there was considerable what appeared to be blood stains on the furniture and carpet. I didn't notice it until the next morning and I actually took pictures and emailed them to the hotel manager and received a very long and detailed response and an offer of two free nights. No thanks, you had your chance!

Otherwise, it's always been the Creek for me, to the point that I'd stay there regardless of the brand if the quality and service remains. Time will tell.....
I'd almost try the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, only because it it's location but it looks big and I have no clue as to the room rates.

It's a sad day.....

DEN
Old May 25, 2021, 3:24 am
DEN

Originally Posted by Schwann
Confirmed that they are deflagging:

Opinions on the two alternatives? Haven't stayed in either and not exactly ideal as was intending on the first two nights being near the airport. So probably the HGI Culture Village, the Canopy or Curio at the Souq it will be.
Interesting that the Hilton website now shows this hotel as “coming soon”. Probably just a place holder to keep people interested and from looking elsewhere outside of Hilton.

DEN
Old May 25, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DEN
Interesting that the Hilton website now shows this hotel as “coming soon”. Probably just a place holder to keep people interested and from looking elsewhere outside of Hilton.

DEN
Maybe negotiations are ongoing, I was looking at booking our last 2 nights of our trip here in November, have booked the Doubletree M Square for now.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:40 pm
DEN

Originally Posted by tobegold
Maybe negotiations are ongoing, I was looking at booking our last 2 nights of our trip here in November, have booked the Doubletree M Square for now.
This hotel now seems to be rebranded as Golden Sands Hotel Creek but no reservations are being accepted from what I could find, even for early 2022.

DEN
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:30 pm
DEN

Old Hilton a Dubai Creek now bookable

Old Hilton Dubai Creek now bookable as Golden Sands Hotel Creek on hotel travel sites. Pictures show new carpet and reupholstered furniture. Rates seem a bit high for the area. I’ve switched to the Sheraton Dubai Creek nearby.

Anyone stayed at this rebranded/reopened property?

DEN
Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
It looks like there’s a new Hilton Dubai Creek residences property. Is that the same thing?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by vegasbased
It looks like there’s a new Hilton Dubai Creek residences property. Is that the same thing?
Sadly not. The residences are serviced apartmemts nearer the Park Hyatt, further up the Creek.
vegasbased likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.