Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by cargueiro
I have never needed a test to depart Dubai as my destinations don't require it. I think at a Hilton or Conrad front desk can arrange for a doctor to visit and conduct test. If not, I would look at purehealth.ae which should have list of test centres, some of which may visit your hotel.

I am not sure if arrivals from everywhere need a PCR test on arrival but most do.

In my experience, on arrival, the results take 12 to 14 hours on average. So is ideal to arrive early evening, order a room service supper, sleep and hopefully wake up to a negative result.

The first time I visited Dubai this year I arrived in the morning and stayed in the HGI at MoE. Uncomfortable chairs, no view etc made for a miserable lock up! I definately advocate getting as comfortable room as you can afford as you also run the risk that if you test positive you will be locked up in your room for two weeks! Hopefully, insurance would cover this but it is a hell of a lot better to be locked up in a Hilton or Conrad than an HGI!

Also bear in mind you need to download the
Pure Health app if tested on arrival. Pure Health administer the test at DXB. You are also supposed to download the DXB Health Authority app as they are linked. Even though you will enter your contact details you may not get notified of your results. It seems the Pure Health app doesn't like foreign phone numbers. You have to keep logging in and checking. On my last trip, I logged in every hour once 12 hours had elapsed and was released after 13. This last time I did get a notification but only after 20hrs. So I would have spent 7hrs locked up unnecessarily. On previous trips, no notification was provided and all my colleagues never received notifications either. So perhaps Pure Health are working on improving the notifications...

The DXB Health Authority app takes ages to update so you need the Pure Health one too. On my previous trip the Health Authority app still hadn't updated when I departed DXB after a four day stay.

FYI Conrad and Walk seemed completely unintetested in my Covid results. But HGI at MoE were all over it. I was sent to my room on arrival and given strict (polite) instructions I was not to leave until I had emailed front desk my negative result and got confirmation front desk had received it.
This is great information! Thanks a million - this helps a lot in planning where to stay.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by luxtravels
Having stayed in a bunch of different Hiltons in UAE, I'd only stay around the Creek if I needed to be close to the airport or was on a tighter budget.

You guys most likely want to try dining and nightlife around downtown, the marina or even on the Palm and any savings from staying around the Creek will be eaten up by cab rides going back and forth.

The Walk has excellent location and good elite benefits, tons of restaurant options within walking distance. However rooms are a tad dated and breakfast busy.
There's also a DT on the JBR side that I haven't tried but heard good things about.

For more serious cost-cutting the newer Canopy by Hilton in Al Seef is a gem situated on the "right" side of the Creek. Still far from Marina, JBR and the Palm.
Originally Posted by luxtravels
If you expect to be in the office at DIFC every day or so I'd choose the Conrad. JBR/Marina is a nicer area in my opinion so it all depends on what you wanna get out of your trip and how much time you wanna spend going back and forth.
Not everyday - it's actually a one-day essential trip (I could have planned a same day return, like I normally do). However, taking a few extra days as the Mrs is travelling with me, and this is her first time seeing Dubai - so, planning to do a few touristy things and stay at the centre of nightlife / shopping places.

Thanks for the suggestions on the locations - actually surprised that a Conrad is cheaper than a Hilton (The Walk). Heard great things about the walk - let's see, now it is between The Walk, Conrad, and maybe...Creek. Sad that the rooms are dated at The Walk - both wife and I like newer / new-like properties, so might push us toward Conrad.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 2:08 am

Alright, so just had a 3 night stay at this property. And here are my impressions:

Overview: WONDERFUL! They treat diamonds really well.

Pros:
1. Wonderful upgrade to a Panoramic Suite from a base level room. The DM even apologized for not being able to upgrade us to their Executive Suite (highest room category). Wonderful Creek views from the Suite
2. Great staff all around - from the front desk, bell boys, concierge, restaurant, chefs - loved the service. It felt like the staff genuinely cared about the guests' well-being
3. Pretty decent breakfast - a few items in the buffet were fab (more on that later)

Cons:
1. Location - I had to go to DIFC once for work; and we went to The Dubai Mall quite a few times - this meant Uber each way! After a few trips, this becomes expensive.

Info:
1. Unlike some hotels in Dubai, this property didn't seem to care much about your COVID test results that you have to take on arrival, at DXB. Personally, I did ask the health officials at DXB if we are allowed to venture out before the results came, and we were told "ABSOLUTELY". However, we didn't go out much on the day that we had arrived - instead waited for the results which came early evening (around 9 hours after the test). We went out then for our dinner.

Pro-tip:
1. If you want to take a COVID test while at the hotel, there are two ways - there's a company that comes to the hotel lobby for the swab, and they charge AED350 (more than double). Or, this was suggested by the entire front office staff - there's a HTK medical centre within a 5-7 min walking distance and they charge only AED150 for the test. After the test, you'll get the results within 24 hours and the team at the hotel will coordinate with the clinic to get the results to you.

2. Order a freshly prepared flaky paratha at the breakfast - you'll thank me later. Ideal accompaniment to that is the chicken curry. Also, try out the 'shooters' (freshly made juices) that they have at breakfast - if you like them, you can ask for a full glass of it.

3. Take a walk by the creek - we loved it when we did and it's across the road from the hotel.

4. Executive lounge is open, but only serving coffee / tea and water. They are using O'Leary's bar for the happy hour / normal exec lounge offerings - never tried it, so can't say how it was.

5. The cheapest Uber - UberSELECT - is a Lexus ES. Good enough car for Uber trips. I did the mistake of ordering UberBLACK for my first ride, and I received a BMW 5-series - which I consider a same level car, but was charged almost 3 times (not that important, but might help you save some cash if you do decide to go the Uber route).

6. Try and use Careem if you can - much cheaper than Uber. I did try, but they were not accepting AMEX, or I was not able to load my card on there, so...
Old Mar 18, 2021, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Cons:
1. Location - I had to go to DIFC once for work; and we went to The Dubai Mall quite a few times - this meant Uber each way! After a few trips, this becomes expensive.
Nice to see see someone NOT extolling the cheapness of Dubai taxis! They're (generally) abundant, safe and comfortable: but not so cheap - congestion often sees to that. Public transport is an attractive option, especially when it's not business-related journey. The hotel's a short walk (around15 minutes), Uber ride or bus to Union Metro, then it's something like 20 minutes to Dubai Mall on the Red line.
:D! likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just had a look an upcoming reservation, aka checking the pricing to see if my stay had become any cheaper, and discovered that the hotel is no longer available for reservation.

Wonder what that means...
Old May 8, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Just had a look an upcoming reservation, aka checking the pricing to see if my stay had become any cheaper, and discovered that the hotel is no longer available for reservation.

I stayed here last week and didn't get any hint of the place closing and was well looked after....However, as you say, they have no rooms available everyday after 25 May which does make one wonder what's going on.
Old May 9, 2021, 6:54 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond

That is indeed strange. I suggest emailing the hotel and make an inquiry, I have found them to be very responsive.

I will be staying there over next weekend and I’ll ask and post what I’m told. They are due for a room face lift but a total shutdown to accomplish this seems draconian….

DEN
Schwann likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by DEN
That is indeed strange. I suggest emailing the hotel and make an inquiry, I have found them to be very responsive.

I will be staying there over next weekend and I’ll ask and post what I’m told. They are due for a room face lift but a total shutdown to accomplish this seems draconian….

DEN
That was my first thought.. perhaps using the quieter time now/over the Summer to do so. It was one of a few options I had booked for the same dates so I have alternatives - not particularly bothered/required to stay there. Interested to hear what they say to you.
Old May 13, 2021, 11:53 am

Hotel has given residents notice of its deflagging, rumours are that it will become a ‘local’ brand. A loss of a classic near the airport for Hilton.
Old May 13, 2021, 12:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by residentx
Hotel has given residents notice of its deflagging, rumours are that it will become a ‘local’ brand. A loss of a classic near the airport for Hilton.
Thanks for the update.
This is indeed a great loss - for a reasonably priced hotel and location. Liked it because around the hotel you could still find some "local" area and not the ritzy touristic type area. Service and elite recognition of this property was always good (from my few experiences).
Any idea why this property is leaving the Hilton chain?

Cheers!
Old May 14, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Thanks for the update.
This is indeed a great loss - for a reasonably priced hotel and location. Liked it because around the hotel you could still find some "local" area and not the ritzy touristic type area. Service and elite recognition of this property was always good (from my few experiences).
Any idea why this property is leaving the Hilton chain?

Cheers!
I really liked this hotel and have used it for work over the last 15 years. When I first used it, the only other Hilton family hotel was the Jumeirah Beach property. How things have changed, except for the hotel. It was clear from my last stay that it was in need of refurbishment; they had done some temporary fixes, but it was looking tired.

The area has also seen increased competition.The Creek Sheraton, further along the road, has just completed a refurbishment and there is new Starwood property (Aloft?) in the same block as the Hilton. The wider area also has seen a number of new hotels; I think there are three Hyatt Places, a Swissotel (a rebrand). I guess the numbers for a refurbishment just didn't add up.

I had good times there and will miss it.
Schwann, lindsey1 and oxfordjames like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:07 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
That was my first thought.. perhaps using the quieter time now/over the Summer to do so. It was one of a few options I had booked for the same dates so I have alternatives - not particularly bothered/required to stay there. Interested to hear what they say to you.
Here on a 3 night stay. The official response to my question why I can’t book for next month and are you planning on leaving the Hilton brand, I have received this reply, almost verbatim, from two separate front office employees: ….. Due to renovation work we are planning on closing but no official announcement yet….. a bit of an odd and evasive response but I pressed no further.

I do know that this property is owned by Golden Sands Hotel Co LLC.

Others here on FT have reported its leaving the Hilton Brand but that I could not confirm. I certainly hope it’s not true they are leaving.

DEN
Schwann and Dan72 like this.

Last edited by DEN; May 15, 2021 at 2:15 am
Old May 18, 2021, 7:27 am

Confirmed that they are deflagging:
Warm Greetings from Hilton Dubai Creek!

As a valued guest , we wanted to inform you that as of May 26th 2021, the hotel will no longer be managed by Hilton nor operating under the Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand.

Alternative arrangements for your existing bookings will be made at Hilton Dubai The Walk or Hilton Dubai Jumeirah.
Opinions on the two alternatives? Haven't stayed in either and not exactly ideal as was intending on the first two nights being near the airport. So probably the HGI Culture Village, the Canopy or Curio at the Souq it will be.
Old May 18, 2021, 3:25 pm

The two alternatives match the Creek in terms of 1990s Hilton decor but with a certain quality edge and good service. Do they match anywhere near to the quality and design of say the WA DIFC? Gosh no.

They are also in a very different area (both in the same location - opposite sides of the street and linked by a bridge). The Creek was close to the airport and surrounded by about as much culture as you get in the UAE. The HJB is quite a slog from the airport (traffic dependent) and surrounded by tourist delights - chain restaurants, beach, shopping, zip lines, skydiving.
Schwann likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by residentx
The two alternatives match the Creek in terms of 1990s Hilton decor but with a certain quality edge and good service. Do they match anywhere near to the quality and design of say the WA DIFC? Gosh no.

They are also in a very different area (both in the same location - opposite sides of the street and linked by a bridge). The Creek was close to the airport and surrounded by about as much culture as you get in the UAE. The HJB is quite a slog from the airport (traffic dependent) and surrounded by tourist delights - chain restaurants, beach, shopping, zip lines, skydiving.
Yeah, I don't intend to slog from DXB to either hotel, although I may have had I been booked to stay during the middle of my trip. Nice of them to offer alternatives though.. with the rate I was paying at The Creek it would have been a bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.