Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Any more recent reports?
Old May 25, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Am there next week for 2 nights, shall (...) report back once there.

UTA
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
Am there next week for 2 nights, shall (...) report back once there.

UTA
How'd your stay go?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:37 am
Suspended

Hilton Creek Vs Hilton Jumeirah

I’ve just come back to London after spending 5 days in Dubai, with 2 nights at the Creek and 3 nights at the Jumeirah beach resort.

Here are my views;

The Creek hotel is simply amazing. I’ve never known such great personalised service. I had a taxi meet us at the airport and that went smoothly. The short journey was to the hotel was a total breeze and I think that it cost around £16 for the taxi.

The hotel is a very modern building and is more a business hotel. We had a corner suite booked and when we arrived (at 2am) the staff went out of their way to help us and get settled. The room was stunning, with a very nice Jacuzzi which was a fantastic unexpected treat which MrsSgtRyan loved. We had great views overlooking the city and the bed was extremely comfortable. Another point, the air con was perfect, not too cold and not too hot (compared to the Jeremiah beach resort).

As others have mentioned, the hotel is located in the older part of the city and this is within minutes of the stunning super shopping centre. MrsSgtRyan loved this as we live in London and don’t have cheesecake factory or Chilli’s!!

Now for the executive lounge; for us it was amazing. I’m not sure what the other people have posted about this but all I can say is “wow”. We went up in the evening for a couple of drinks before dinner and there was some pasta and chicken laid out. I took some just to try it out and it was so dam good we both ended up making a meal out of it! The pasta and chicken were so fresh and so tasty it was amazing. We also ended up taking advantage of the bottle of Rum and eerrr....well....let’s just say they had to replace the bottle...ooppss..the next morning we went back for breakfast and the offering was a simple scrambled eggs, toast and the normal continental breakfast. All in all, 5 stars for us.

Lastly, we did go upstairs and relax by the pool. This was also great. The views over Dubai are stunning and it’s great to sit there, have a cold drink and relax. We didn’t buy any drinks that night so I can’t comment on the price.

For us, this hotel was amazing. I would definitely recommend staying here for a night or two if you are in Dubai.

Now for the Jumeirah beach resort;

We took the free shuttle down to this hotel which is good as it saved a bit of money. The location of this hotel is spot on, right in the middle of everything. We were able to walk to many of the great restaurants along the strip which had tons of variety.

The hotel itself; The first impression we got when we walked in was that it was more of a beach resort then a typical Hilton City hotel, if that makes sense. There was a very relaxed vibe about the place. Check in was easy and simple and we had again booked a corner suite.

Our suite was nice and over looked the sea/pool area. This was really nice at night to sit by the windows and just chill watching the world go by. The only negative bit about the room was that even though the air con was on, the room still at times felt rather hot even though the settings were on freezing. The room attendants came in twice a day to replace bottles of water and give little gifts of cake or fruit and this was a nice touch. Its worth noting that there was a balcony to the side of our room which overlooked the sea and the strip but as it was so hot we didn’t really sit outside much.

The executive lounge; This had a very formal feel to it, and they also had a dress code which had to be kept to between the hours of 6pm and 8pm when they serviced drinks and light foods. It’s worth noting here that there appeared to be inconsistencies with the dress code as we were told no shorts yet on a number of occasions there were other people walking around wearing exactly that. The other thing was that with the drinks, you had to get serviced, it was not self service, which is not a bad thing, but it just made the whole experience that less relaxing. The food in the evenings which was offer was not as good as the Creek, however the breakfast was fully laid on. They had everything from a light choice right up to a “full English breakfast”.
So all in all, a great 5 days in Dubai.

The location of the Jumeirah was better; however for us the service at the Creek was unbeatable. I think if you are in Dubai for a few days its worth staying at each as that way you’ll get to see both parts of Dubai. Both hotels were stunning and I would stay at either property again.

^
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
How'd your stay go?
Apologies for not posting back as promised.

I hopped like a lapinou between Jumeirhaa and the Creek, obviously availing of the free shuttle as they're quite far away from each other.
Word of warning though, there are only 2 shuttles a day and space is limited so make sure you book your place well in advance.

Now to the property itself, it is relatively new and modern-looking.
Was upgraded to a King Executive corner room (not suite) a floor up from the EL. The windows are of room height (floated glass) hence the view is awesome.
Even though not technically a suite the room was quite big with a separate sitting area/desk.

The EL offererings for breakfast and dinner, although of good quality, were somewhat limited compared to the Jumeirhaaaa, to the point I had breakfast in the restaurant for my 2nd stay (no objections from staff).

Overall a nice property except the EL patrons/staff seemed much more uptight than at the Jumeirhaaaa, maybe because this property is more biz-travel oriented.
I however noted that there is a mosque currently in its final stages of construction (knowing how Dubai cinstruction goes fast, maybe even completed now) right in front of the property.
Therefore beware with rooms on that side, first call to prayer (Al-Fajr) is at around 5:00AM local time :-D
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:31 am

Two night stay on points at the Hilton Dubai Creek as a HH Diamond (actually, my first Hilton stay as a Diamond). A very nice stay in all respects.

Arrival. Since I'd been to Dubai before, I knew that there is no need for an airport pickup. Taxi was very simple and was about 30 Dirham (=6 Euro). Due to lost luggage, we arrived very late (around 2:30 am) and were greeted by a very friendly and chirpy desk clerk. We received an upgrade to the executive floor: a nice corner room overlooking Dubai Creek. The check-in agent immediately offered to take care of the lost luggage, took a copy of the paperwork and said that they would stay in touch with lost luggage and keep us informed.

Room. As mentioned, an upgrade to executive floor corner room right next to the elevator (so close to the elevator that I first thought that the room door was another elevator door). The room was quite large and very nice, complimentary water, the large (Asian) bottles of the PTR bathroom amenities, bathrobes etc. In spite of the fact that the elevator was right next to the bedroom, we didn't hear anything. Also the mosque which was right in front of the window was not audible at all.

Breakfast. We were told that breakfast is in the lounge and not in the restaurant, so on the first day we went there. The fact that the lounge has an outside terrace is nice, but the breakfast selection is rather limited. We decided to go to the restaurant the second day. I asked whether it is complimentary for HHG/HHD and got a positive reply. The selection is much better in the restaurant. Breakfast is quite nice, but nothing extraordinary.

table9 restaurant. We had dinner at table9 by Nick and Scott (http://www.table9dubai.com/), the new restaurant. It was a very pleasant dining experience: the waiters were all very relaxed, extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy their job. The food was excellent. After dinner, we got a complimentary candy selection and were given a tour of the kitchen where we were greeted by Nick and Scott.

Location. Since taxis are so cheap in Dubai, location doesn't matter so much. The hotel is within walking distance of the creek bus (where you can get the ferry to the Old Souk). One day we tried to get back with the new metro which wasn't so easy (and cost almost the same as a taxi for two people).

An excellent hotel: we would certainly come back when we're in Dubai. If I compare this with other excellent Hilton experiences, I would say that it is comparable to the Conrad Hong Kong or the Hilton Wangfujing.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: HH D
Any more recent reports?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Garina
Any more recent reports?
Stayed again in May 2015 and it was awesome. I booked the hotel transfer from the airport (100AED), which is about 3x the taxi rate, but well worth it to avoid the airport taxi queue.

Arrived too late for evening cocktails, but the Exec Lounge staff offered to get me some food, but I declined. Lounge staff also called downstairs to ask if I could have breakfast in the Glass House the following morning and it was approved. I got the impression that Diamond breakfast is typically in the Lounge.

Service throughout (check-in, lounge, breakfast, concierge) was friendly and professional. Plus, I got the most wonderful upgrade to an Exec Creek View Suite with a wrap-around porch that offered beautiful views of the creek - most likely because I had only a short one-night stay.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Just finished up a stay here. Booked 2 regular rooms, one cash (3 people) and one points (2 people). Both rooms upgraded to top floor and given lounge access for all. Hotel did provide a roll away for free. Breakfast in the lounge has very limited options. It did get boring after a few days. You can upgrade to the restaurant breakfast for an additional charge, didn't try it.

Other notes:
Surprised by how quickly hot water came out of the shower, it was almost instant.
Wifi was limited to 2 devices, which was difficult since had 3 people in one room.
It is in the business district, so not much to see near hotel. Taxi to the malls would take around 10-15 minutes.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:41 pm

Currently staying at the said hotel.
Diamond get choice of breakfast in lounge or restaurant. The restaurant (Glasshouse) has a wide variety of hot and cold options to cater for most.

Wifi is restricted to 3 devices on premium. The speed is decent at 10mbs. Additional codes can be requested from reception for additional devices but they will run at slower speeds.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Special 1
Currently staying at the said hotel.
Diamond get choice of breakfast in lounge or restaurant. The restaurant (Glasshouse) has a wide variety of hot and cold options to cater for most.
That sounds like a pleasant reversal of "policy".

Any recent update on shuttle schedule. Upthread (years ago) mentioned twice daily.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Shuttle

Answer my own question from above.

Hilton Dubai Creek runs a free shuttle to/from "Resort" that requires reservation on the outbound (not required for inbound; first come first served). Outbound time at 11:00; and inbound time at 16:00.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Booked lowest rate (superior room) and got upgraded to a panoramic suite (HH Diamond). Very nice excecutive lounge with terrace, good food offering at the evening apéro.

Only downside: Frontdesk requested a credit card guarantee of AED1000 (USD300) for the room, even if I only paid the half for the room... Usually hotels don't take any deposits from Diamond members, as I experienced so far...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:07 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Booked lowest rate (superior room) and got upgraded to a panoramic suite (HH Diamond). Very nice excecutive lounge with terrace, good food offering at the evening apéro.

Only downside: Frontdesk requested a credit card guarantee of AED1000 (USD300) for the room, even if I only paid the half for the room... Usually hotels don't take any deposits from Diamond members, as I experienced so far...
While I can't say this has never happened to me at other Hilton locations, it seems to be a common practice at this Hotel. AED1000 seems to the standard and I am always offered to view the destruction of the credit card slip upon checkout.

While a credit card swipe for incidentals on a prepaid room is normal, signing a credit card slip does seem unusual.

This hotel remains one of my favorite Hilton priorities worldwide.

DEN
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just got my welcome email for a 1-night stay on Saturday night.

Hotel is offering the hotel car pickup for 100 AED. Is this a private car with the driver waiting for me right as I walk through customs? Is this likely to be substantially faster than a taxi? (Or Uber, if that's an option.)

Upthread I see that a taxi is around 30 AED. Do the taxis take credit cards? Is there typically a queue for the taxis? (Arrival Saturday afternoon/evening.)

I'd also consider public transport if it's as fast as a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.