Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA silver
thanks again for the info
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there recently and quit efrankly was so UNimpressed. Part of this is due to the fact that the makeup of Dubai has changed so much. A decade ago it is was in a prime business area. Now unless you are an Iranian smuggler or financier doing Dhow business t is unlikely you need to be anywhere near the place. I was upgraded to a suite and found it mediocre. The lounge is a joke, and the place was filled with Brits on holiday who thought it was so great because it had a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. Very unimpressive, especially when compared to many many other hotels in Dubai.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hfly
I stayed there recently and quit efrankly was so UNimpressed. Part of this is due to the fact that the makeup of Dubai has changed so much. A decade ago it is was in a prime business area. Now unless you are an Iranian smuggler or financier doing Dhow business t is unlikely you need to be anywhere near the place. I was upgraded to a suite and found it mediocre. The lounge is a joke, and the place was filled with Brits on holiday who thought it was so great because it had a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. Very unimpressive, especially when compared to many many other hotels in Dubai.
while the hotel is nothing to write home about, i definitely do not share your sentiments....
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Probably the best place to stay if you have to be in Deira. Good creek view rooms. The executive lounge may not be the best, but the staff more than make up for it.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by openflync
Probably the best place to stay if you have to be in Deira. Good creek view rooms. The executive lounge may not be the best, but the staff more than make up for it.
i actually prefer the sheraton in deira over this property....
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I stayed at this property at the beginning of the month. While not the best Hilton I've ever stayed at, I was upgraded to an executive floor, the rooms were large with nice views, and I received good service overall. Location is not the best and the lounge not all that great (especially for breakfast) but overall not a bad hotel by any means.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:38 pm

I just like the mini black rubber duckie in the bathroom. Does the hotel still provide them?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, United Airlines Prem. Ex.
Originally Posted by bamboola
I just like the mini black rubber duckie in the bathroom. Does the hotel still provide them?
LOL, I have never noticed this in the times I have stayed there (maybe 10) but then again, I never use the tub. I am going there in about a week and I am going to have to look for it.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:53 pm

Just took a look at my black duck. It's not so mini after all. In fact, it's a bit bigger than the Conrad ducks. It has Hilton Dubai Creek imprinted on it and also some writing in Arabic. The mini one is from the Hilton Brussels and is yellow.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sycotik
LOL, I have never noticed this in the times I have stayed there (maybe 10) but then again, I never use the tub. I am going there in about a week and I am going to have to look for it.
Originally Posted by bamboola
Just took a look at my black duck. It's not so mini after all. In fact, it's a bit bigger than the Conrad ducks. It has Hilton Dubai Creek imprinted on it and also some writing in Arabic. The mini one is from the Hilton Brussels and is yellow.
the real mini ducks are like the one i have in my conrad bathroom right now....my wife was really excited to see it....she found it too cute....
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:20 am

yes we had the black rubber duck. Very cute.
We loved this hotel- I'm not sure why there are a few negative views on it. Nice Executive lounge. Great restuarant- Glasshouse. They had a promo on for 1 dirham a drink when taking a two course dinner. As you can imagine those nights were crowded. Loved the pool area. And we were usually greeted by name.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to sound this way Fiona, but if you really like the executive lounge that really explains why you do not understand the negative comments here, as pretty much all agree that it is an extremely poor excuse for a lounge, possibly the second worst I've ever seen (and I am someone who probably spends a hundred nights a year in hotels with lounges).
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:22 am

I said it was a nice lounge- I didn't say I loved it. From what I had read though I thought it was going to be a small lounge but it was a decent size and in addition has a terrace, which is not so usual. Breakfast wasn't good but snacks and drinks at night were good enough. I do prefer Marriott or Shangri La hotels though and would say my best ex lounges were Shangri La ones. Worst lounge for me was Hilton Riverside in NO. To be fair though that was the year after the hurricane and I know there were staff shortages.
I liked the size of the Hilton Dubai Creek and found staff efficient.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I like the hotel. The lounge has certainly been downgraded in it's lounge food offering. But it still is one of my prefered hotels in Dubai. The lounge has free wifi, a big plus for me.

The hotel is not a resort, like many other Dubai hotels, which I really like too. Dubai's not a holiday for me and prefer to be away from a holiday maker hotel.

On breakfast, you can still use the restaurant for continental breakfast. But the lounge had what I need and I can use the Internet before the airport.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:32 pm

Forgot about the free wifi. Re the restaurant- its not just continental breakfast. I was really impressed with the Glasshouse.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.