Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2001, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Arrow Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort {US-AZ}

Anybody stayed here lately? I am thinking of using a VIP award--TEEN at this facility during May and was wondering if it would be good for the entire family (me, wife, two sons, 4 1/2 and 2) It sounds like it would be nice since all rooms are suites.

Old Feb 23, 2001, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
There will be plenty to do for the kids. Very nice pool area w/slide (your kids are probably too young) and meandering river. Suites are spacious. Overall, however, this property is a bit tired. Have you considered the Hilton Pointe Tapatio? See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000910.html

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited 02-23-2001).]
Old Feb 23, 2001, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Cactuspete:
Are all of the rooms at the Tapatio suites?
Also, is there a golf course on the property of either of these resorts?
Old Feb 23, 2001, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Not sure about the rooms at Tapatio.

There ia a very nice golf course at Tapatio, no golf course at Squaw Peak.
Old Feb 23, 2001, 2:40 pm

All the rooms at both Tapatio Cliffs and Squaw Peak are suites. Tapatio has a golf course, but I'm not sure about Squaw Peak.

It's sure too bad about the South Mountain location. It was a very good location for the Tempe side of Phoenix with a spa as well as a golf course. We used to stay there but didn't the last time because of the change.
Old Feb 23, 2001, 3:36 pm

Programs: Many
I used to prefer South Mountain too. Last October I stayed at Tapatio and was impressed. Haven't stayed at Squaw Peak yet.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 10:53 am
Suspended

$62.30 at Squaw Peak

Pretty good rate (SE code) for quite a few dates during the summer.
Old Sep 6, 2001, 12:28 am
Suspended

Any recent stays/news/tips at Squaw Peak?

I have read all the archived posts. Will be there for four days and wanted to see if there is any fresh info out there.

Casita / exec room chances?
Free Breakfast liklehood?
Waiver of resort fees likely?
Hidden good or bad things?
Quality of gym?

I am HH Gold (who isn't?)

Thanks in advance.

------------------
I can see for miles and miles...
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:29 pm

Location: Chicago, IL. Former UA PremEx, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Bringing this forward to see if anyone has any recent info. Going to see next year's World Series champs , the Cubs , in 2 weeks and was wondering if there is any recent info regarding upgrade chances, breakfast, and if there any particular rooms that are better, or most importantly, quieter than others. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21, 2002, 8:15 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed here president's day weekend.

If I was Upgraded, I couldn't tell. It's a very nice resort, but the rooms look dated.

Received my breakfast vouchers, didn't ask, but they were shoved under our room door later on in the day. One for both my wife and I, each day.

I felt the location was extremely convenient to all of PHX area. There was some construction on Northbound 51 about two miles north of the 51/202 junction coming from the airport. would recommend exiting early, head west to 16th and then head north on 16th. Very easy.

Can't locate my bill so I don't know about resort fees.

Pool areas were great!

Did not work out at the gym as we went for very long hikes each day.

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 02-22-2002).]
Old Feb 21, 2002, 8:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
FYI, they've been closing 51 every night and weekend for construction lately.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 8:13 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 02-22-2002).]
Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Looking for Recent Squaw Peak Experience

I'm headed to Squaw Peak in Phoenix in about two weeks for a 6-night award stay.

Diamond, two rooms, two familes, and the resort is sold out for part of the time that we're there. Requested upgrade, casita, two bedroom casita, etc.

Anyone experiences or advice for a first- time visitor? I hear they have a small executive lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 7:06 pm

Location: Chicago, IL. Former UA PremEx, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Just got back from a 5 night stay over the weekend. Upgraded to Casita (sweet!) without even asking. The resort wasn't extremely busy, so that helped. Front desk staff (I only dealt with 2) extremely friendly and helpful. Grounds are nice. Casitas are awesome-I had a king, 1 bedroom casita all the way at the end of the street/cul-de-sac, very peaceful. I never saw the lounge, and didn't really need one since we had the Casita. River Ranch is great, and gets a lot more crowded after noon. We ended up getting great pool chairs as we were usually out there by 11am. Also, at check in, without asking they gave me a few bottles of water and an envelope with enough breakfast vouchers for my wife and I for each day. Ate breakfast at both restaurants, they were both OK.

Overall, this was an excellent experience and I am writing a letter to Hilton to notify them. I stay 150 nights per year and am top tier in 3 hotels and have never been treated this nicely. Anywhere.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Thanks, BSB19!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.