Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

GALLERYone - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GALLERYone - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:36 pm

Sadly, this isn't a unique situation, and it isn't limited to this prpperty. I have booked double AA rates and not received the double miles as well. There is always some excuse, even when you show them the web page showing the terms.

Like the OP, they threw me the bone of a few thousand extra points.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Frequent

This has happened to me so many times I don't even bother with the special rates anymore. That is, unless it is something truly unbelievable is offered. In those cases, I try to email the property and confirm their inclusion in the offering. If they later claim non-participation (as has happened), I have the email saying that they did. It was by no means the silver bullet, but it helped my case with corporate.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
We are staying there next week. Other than the double credit issue (hold their feet to the fire), how was your stay?
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by MIFlyer
We are staying there next week. Other than the double credit issue (hold their feet to the fire), how was your stay?
The hotel itself was a pretty nice hotel. It is boutique style, which was pretty cool. From what I could tell by looking at the floor plan, it appears that many of the rooms have different configurations. Mine was on the corner with a view of the intracoastal waterway. The room had a plasma screen TV, with actual HD signals.

They do charge for parking. They don't make it plainly clear, but you can self-park ($11/day I think). When you pull up to the hotel, you're given the impression that valet is the only option.

As a gold, I received free in-room Internet and free full breakfast. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

The hotel is directly across the street from what appears to be a pretty nice shopping mall.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Nov 17, 2007, 9:36 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Anytime you have proof that you booked at a rate/offer and they refuse to offer it, contact the Better Business Bureau. Corporations hate to have negative complaints sent there and usually do everything to rectify the situation ASAP. I've even found Avis (one of the worst CS companies around) to be responsive when I contact the BBB about them.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Gallery One Ft. Lauderdale-Linda is leaving!

So to anyone who stays at this hotel one of the best bartenders is leaving to move to AZ. If you happen to be staying at this property go have a drink with Linda.
She will be missed!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Any recent updates on this property? I'm considering booking this for a wedding in November, but just curious if anyone has any more recent reviews than 2008.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
I have stayed here several times for work in the FLL area. I like staying here, but am not sure that I would choose it for a true vacation. It is on the mainland side of the Intrcoastal Waterway, but from some rooms, you can see the beach (just a short walk over the bridge). It is in a nice part of FLL, but not as touristy as the beach area by the Hilton, W, RC, etc.. I think that it is silly that they charge for parking here, as it is not in a real busy area. The lobby is nice and modern, the area by the intracoastal is very nice as well, jut not the same as being on the beach. The rooms are very large and nicely furnished with kitchens (a plus if you were with a family and wanted to go across the street to a store to buy cereal and milk ,etc). The other plus is that the water taxi stops at the hotel dock. This is a great way to get from the hotel to the busier parts of FLL beach, downtown, etc. Plus it is a fun way to spend an afternoon getting on and off in different parts of town. All in all, a nice hotel for a weekend trip, or business stay, but most likely would choose the Hilton FLL Beach, the Hilton Bentley, or the Boca Beach Resort (by far the nicest hotel in the Hilton family on the beach in Florida) if on a real vacation in the area. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
We stayed here for one night last year, not very impressed. The hotel itself is nice enough. Nothing to compliant about the room. However, as Diamond, we got the continental breakfast only, you have to pay to upgrade to full breakfast. It is the same buffet and I do not think that anyone is monitoring it though. When we were there, the breakfast service was slow. There are plenty empty tables, but we have to wait for over 10 minutes to be seated. We ended up just sit down at a table that was vacant and started our breakfast ourselves. The beach is not the nice type with lots of seaweed, shells and stones. To get there, you have to walk past a bridge by the fast passing cars. Not relaxing at all. It is ok for one nighter, but I would not go for a vacation there.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelmi

The beach is not the nice type with lots of seaweed, shells and stones.
Most people prefer fine white sand beaches to those with various amounts of detritus that you seem to enjoy.

With respect to the hotel, it is fine although there are some housekeeping issues. Continental breakfast is complimentary for Gold members = Cold items, $5.00 upcharge for hot items including made to order omlettes. This is no outrage and perfectly consonant with the rules as stated, although I certainly would have preferred for the hot items to have been included.

On the other hand, I had 2 rooms with 5 people in all, and we all got the continental breakfast as a comp, so that was a plus in my book.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:33 am
Y..

Gallery One, Fort Lauderdale, did I goof?

I am booked in this hotel with my family on July 4th. This stay was not planned as we were to arrive on the 5th but I snagged great airfare so we are there a day early.

I had read on TripAdvisor the reviews for the Gallery One and 80-85% seemed positive. The typical: valet parking fee too high, some furniture looking worn etc. I was ok with those issues. My biggest thing with any hotel is cleanliness. I check everything the minute I walk into a room (the mattress first of course).

Should I be concerned that the last 4 or 5 reviews as of lately are extremely negative? I was just reading this morning and am doubting my stay. Are these folks just being Negative Nellie's?

Any recent stays here or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA-1K--1MM, SPG- Titanium, HH-Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle, Global Entry
Gallery One has always been a nice property when I have been there. I am sorry but it has been some time since my last stay there but it used to be my go-to place when working in the area. I wouldn't be too worried, it's a nice place in a great location.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:58 pm
Y..

Thanks Jeff. That does make me feel better. I know most on here are seasoned travelers. I never know on TA if these are just extremely picky people, or if they really have a legitimate issue. I'm a seasoned traveler so I know what's acceptable and what's not.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:30 pm

Gallery One is clean and a very nice place to stay overall. I was there in 2013. What wear and tear is showing is nothing much, really. It is an apartment building converted to condo hotel, good place for families, nice vibe from staff and other guests. Although the pool is pretty ordinary, it is kept warm and the setting on a classy section of the Intercoastal is nice, with a water taxi stop right there.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:06 pm
Y..

Thanks Tizzette, I so appreciate the input. Clean is my #1 priority. We are only there for the 1 day so it sounds like it will do fine for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.