Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

VISA Infinite Instant Gold plus 40k pts after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VISA Infinite Instant Gold plus 40k pts after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by glu800
Gotcha.
Yep, I'm aware of the benefits of each Hilton elite level. I've just never been a Hilton guy, so I thought this would be a great way to start increasing my stays there, esp with all the recent Q1 promos. Unfortunately I missed the instant gold cutoff by a day it looks like.

Understand your concerns about diluting benefits, but since you're diamond, you'd probably get any room upgrades ahead of golds anyways. Not a lot to be concerned about
If you want gold status all you have to do is sign up for the hilton amex suprass card and pay the 75 fee that will give you gold the rest of this year, all next year and thru march of 2014. if you spend 40k on the card in a year you get upgraded to diamond. if you have a few nights at a hilton and get a few free breakfasts it quickly pays for the 75 fee
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Wow! I jus stumbled across this thread, I was looking to try to match to another program. The deal is still alive and well. Really hope it sticks. Just booked a bunch of reservations at Hilton, normally wouldn't have done that.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Wow! I jus stumbled across this thread, I was looking to try to match to another program. The deal is still alive and well. Really hope it sticks. Just booked a bunch of reservations at Hilton, normally wouldn't have done that.
Forget about it! It is illegal to sign-up for this promotion if you are not a holder of the proper credit card!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:27 am

With Hilton Honors Gold, will there be a status match for Club Carlson , SPG , Marriott and Hyatt.? If so, what would it be and how do I get it?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by metoo
With Hilton Honors Gold, will there be a status match for Club Carlson , SPG , Marriott and Hyatt.? If so, what would it be and how do I get it?
+- interested too!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Forget about it! It is illegal to sign-up for this promotion if you are not a holder of the proper credit card!
Hmmmm. Illegal? In what country? Not sure you could argue illegal, unethical maybe, buy illegal?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
40k points!

Did any of the buddies here get his 40,000 points?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Hmmmm. Illegal? In what country? Not sure you could argue illegal, unethical maybe, buy illegal?
Maybe in Japan. Here in FTlandd this is encouraged

Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: DL,AS, AA, UA
Still works?

Can anyone tell me if this still works? I tried and get an error msg.
Thx
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by allegro761
Can anyone tell me if this still works? I tried and get an error msg.
Thx
Did you switch your country of residence in your profile to Australia then log out and log back in and then try it?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Free HH Gold promo

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landin...initeGold.aspx

You need a visa infinite number for it (google one if you need one ), and it's not targeted.

Read the T&C before signing up because you need to have an address in certain regions to qualify for the promo.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Hilton has slowly but surely been devaluating its gold status; it basically gets me now free internet and breakfast. Real upgraded rooms are few and far in between.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by keisari
Hilton has slowly but surely been devaluating its gold status; it basically gets me now free internet and breakfast. Real upgraded rooms are few and far in between.
Yes but it is still better than nothing You don't get free breakfast at Marriott hotels as Gold during weekends.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Does anyone know how long does the Gold status gotten from this trick last?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nacho
Yes but it is still better than nothing You don't get free breakfast at Marriott hotels as Gold during weekends.
I have..^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.