Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort {US-SC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort {US-SC}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2003, 5:49 am

Thanks for all your replies. Where then can I find the lazy rivers, crystal clear water, etc on the east coast. I too am located on the east coast, NYC area, and want to drive to a beach location. I want to use 100,000 point for 6 nights, I guess now a GLON. Help me out please. I thought Mrytle Beach would be a good choice but it sounds that if I was to, ES would be better but is it worth the extra 50,000 points?
Old Apr 29, 2003, 8:10 pm

Steve
I don't think you are going to find any crystal clear water on the east coast until you get to South Florida. (Or at least GA Barrier Islands) Since we are now in the off season for South Florida, you might be able to find a deal on a flight. Especially since Song is now competing with Jet Blue on NY-FL. My favorite S. Fl. Hilton property is the Embassy Suites, Deerfield Beach. Its not a premium property so a GLON will take it without the extra 50,000 points.
Old May 20, 2003, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
'new' Hilton Myrtle Beach report

I just got back from 2 nights at the "new" Myrtle Beach Hilton, which as of April was converted from a Wyndham. Overall it was exactly as I expected: it was ok, although nothing spectacular, yet probably one of the nicest properties in the Myrtle area along with the Embassy Suites just down the beach.

I booked a cheapo internet rate of around $100 a night for a non ocean view room. The service was very friendly and you could tell the check-in staff was newly trained on HHonors benefits; as a Gold they upgraded me to an oceanfront room and provided breakfast coupons at check-in without me having to ask. The room was well apointed, with new, nautical style furniture. It was a pretty standard configuration with the bed, small desk, and chair by the window, about average size, not too small yet not overly big by any means. It looks like most every room is about the same size, so the upgrades are to rooms that are closest to the ocean/pool. Considering the breakfast coupons and the location of the hotel I'm 99% sure there's no lounge or plans to build one.

The pool area is so-so: the actual wooden deck shows its age and needs replacing. There is a poolside bar and restaurant that we couldn't try as it is only open on the weekends until Memorial Day I believe. There is a hot tub, and the pool is a pretty standard and uninteresting square.

Also, there are still some renovations going on, although they were never really a bother. They still had some of the lobby and outside areas roped off for painting, etc. etc. It looks like they should be done by the first part of summer though.

As I said above, there is nothing really wrong with the hotel, but there's not much to write home about either. It's evident that this is an older property with some fresh furniture and paint. It's nice for Myrtle Beach, and I would stay there again.

Old Jun 23, 2003, 6:26 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Still wondering if anyone has stayed at the Embassy or Hilton MYB recently. Experiences?
Old Jul 30, 2003, 7:46 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
JJeffrey -

Did you take a walk down the road to the Embassy Suites? How is ES vs. the Hilton?

I have a rez in mid August at both properties and I am trying to decide if the ES is worth an extra 50k total points vs. the Hilton.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 5:54 am

I understand you can also book the Brighton towers (it's listed as an ES that do not include the complimentary breakfast buffet or cocktail reception).These are VERY nice condo style rooms.I'll probably be staying at the ES in a couple weeks,I'll let you know more about them then.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold
Hilton Myrtle Beach

The wife and a girlfriend want to use my points to go to the beach for a girls' weekend.

Has anybody stayed here? Is it nice?

What are the pool and beach like?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by vikings561
The wife and a girlfriend want to use my points to go to the beach for a girls' weekend.

Has anybody stayed here? Is it nice?

What are the pool and beach like?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
There don't appear to be recent FT reviews of this property, however, I found several on Tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Carolina.html
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Post Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort Trip Reports and Reviews

Arrived at the hotel 4 PM on a Sunday afternoon. Before enetering the parking lot, you must stop at a guard booth, give your name, and pick up a parking pass. As I pulled up, the guard just stared at me. I sayed "hello" and got no response. I finally had to tell him I was checking in and gave him my name. He looked through a bunch of sheets and finally handed me a parking pass and sayed "Here you go". Not the greatest of welcomes.

I was nervous at first because there is a large hote/condominium complex being built right next to the hotel, so I thougt the noise the next morning would be prohibitive. I parked my car and entered the hotel. The doorman was eager to help me with my bags. The lobby was nice and decoratd with a nautical theme. Natural light enters freely given the huge skylights at the top of the lobby atrium. However, this is not like an ES hotel with tropical plants and glass elevators, etc. The agent at the front-desk was very helpful and polite. She asked me what floor I preferred by room to be on. I also aksed if I could recieve an upgrade. She said, "No problem". I was given a deluxe king room on the 11th floor (hotel has 15 floors). The deluxe rooms are the closest rooms to the ocean. One things nice about the layout of the hotel is that all the rooms have at least some view of the ocean. One other note .. some of the rooms have interior corridors (those that are above the lobby area) while the rooms on the wings have exterior corridors.

The room was standard and probably below Hilton's norms. The king bed was very comfortable. There was a small balcony with two chairs and a small table. Wireless high speed net is available in the rooms for $10. It worked wonderfully. The room had a wonderful view of the ocean. My room also had a refrigerator and microwave .. I'm not sure if this is standard in all the rooms or just the deluxe ones. The bathroom is very small. It looked as if it could use some work. The bathroom was very clean, however there was a funny smell present .. this did not encompass the entire room, just the bathroom. There is a second vanity outside of the bathroom. There was a robe in the closet.

On the main floor, there is a nice wooden pool deck and restaurant/bar overlooking the ocean. Everything looks as if it had been recently renovated. The pool goes to 6 ft and is shaped in a U formation. Not really an ideal setup for doing laps. There is also a nice jacuzzi, also very small. The bar area seemed very nice and the bartenders and waitresses were very pleasant and helpful. I did not use or get to see the fitness center. There are also beach chairs and umbrellas that you can rent.

I walked along the beach down towards the Embassy Suites. That hotel looks very run down, however the pool area is probably better for kids since it contains an small "water park".

I was given coupons for a free breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The service there was wonderful. As soon as the hostess noticed I was a HHonors VIP, she gave me a wonederful table overlooking the ocean (the restaruant is on the second floor). The buffet was wonderful and is served Embassy Suites style. The cook making the pancakes, omlettes, waffles, etc was wonderful! The food was incredibly tasty. I also ordered room service on night and found the food to be great! It arrived fresh, hot, and it was cooked to perfection.

Unfortunately, due to the weather, I was not able to play much golf. I did not utilize the hotel's course however it looked very nice. There is a free shuttle that runs during the day from the hotel to the clubhouse. The green fee prices seem to be very reasonable.

I was not bothered by construction the next morning. Upon arrival, ask for a room on the opposite side of the construction area. During the day, there was a live band playing in the pool area. The noise does tend to ehco througout the hotel given it's Y-shape and open atrium areas.

I must say that I would stay at this hotel again, however I'd be tempted to look at other properties in the area. If you are traveling with kids and need more space, the ES might be a better choice due to larger rooms and a better pool area for children, but don't expect a new hotel. While this Hilton is certainly not new, everything was very clean and the restaurant was good. However, don't expect 4-5 star service in other areas.

If you are traveling to Myrtle Beach and want to stay in a Hilton property, I would suggest checking out the Hampton Inn at the Oceanfront. It seems to be getting great reviews on numerous travel sites. The hotel seems to be very new and contains large rooms unlike most Hampton Inns.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Thanks for the comprehensive realistic review!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Hilton CEO EECB Bombed regarding Hilton Myrtle Beach

Consumerist.com reader just posted results of their EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb) to Hilton's CEO about their lousy stay at Hilton Myrtle Beach.

Linky:

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/hilto...your-room.html
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by sallyerd
Consumerist.com reader just posted results of their EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb) to Hilton's CEO about their lousy stay at Hilton Myrtle Beach.

Linky:

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/hilto...your-room.html
Even though EECBs should be used sparingly, I think if more FTs did launch a campaign with legitimate complaints, Nassetta and crew would maybe take a look a just how bad Hilton Customer service is.

I feel bad for HH members without access to the diamond line. If they are wildly incompetent, how are the general reservations/guest assistance people performing!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Posting of Hilton Points

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
Even though EECBs should be used sparingly, I think if more FTs did launch a campaign with legitimate complaints, Nassetta and crew would maybe take a look a just how bad Hilton Customer service is.

I feel bad for HH members without access to the diamond line. If they are wildly incompetent, how are the general reservations/guest assistance people performing!
I am passing along a copy of a recent letter I wrote to the Hilton CEO:

Dear:

I am a loyal Hilton Honors member, writing with the hope that this feedback will be helpful. My Honors Number is .

After a recent stay at one of your facilities in Las Vegas I called the Honors Customer Service number four times to ask that the points for my stay be credited to my account. The first three calls resulted in what amounts to a run-around: “it takes time for them to post,” “I have notified accounting to credit your points,” “those Las Vegas properties are not good at posting.” Finally, earlier today, a supervisor discussed this matter with me and noted that the reason the points were not credited is that I had a “discounted rate.” I noted that I had been an Honors member since the 1980s and I have stayed at a variety of places at a variety of rates and that all points had been credited. She said that some rates do not offer points.

She did credit my account with points for the stay.

I am fine with that policy if, when we book on the Hilton web page, the discounted rates clearly note that points are not available for the stay.

Thank you for agreeing to look into this matter/suggestion.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:41 pm
myk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic
I'm sorry, am I the only one smart enough to unplug a telephone? Possibly 2?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Silver, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by myk
I'm sorry, am I the only one smart enough to unplug a telephone? Possibly 2?
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing but I don't know maybe the phone couldn't be unplugged.

Something similar happened to me on one of my first business trips and it drove me crazy. I had to come out of my room and tell the kids to stop running up and down the halls, playing on the elevator, and banging the soda machine. It also helps to actually go down to the front desk and have them locate the group leaders/chaperones and give them a call.

What I am wondering is how does one get the email addresses of these people who can authorize refunds etc. Will the diamond desk give it to you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.