Wiki Posts
Search

Honors American Express ???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2000, 5:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Honors American Express ???

I have seen an offer for the hilton american express card, no annual fee, 5000 pts, 2500 more points after first use. Are there any better offers out? I thought I saw one for 10,000 miles, no fee, but can't remember where. Can anyone help me out?
Old Jan 7, 2000, 6:26 pm
In Memoriam

I don't know how, but I got 15,000 points recently. 7,500 for sign-up and another 7,500 for use in the first month. Mind you, I had to fight for the extra 7,500, but they finally came through after numerous phone calls, faxes and "the run-around." At the time of the offer I was staying almost exclusively at Marriotts and Crowne Plazas--Hilton stays were rare. I had a coporate AMEX at the time only, so I don't know what the trigger for the offer was but I bit.
Old Jan 9, 2000, 2:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: Standard Memberships in all the majors hotel, airlines and Amtrak.
The last offer I saw was the one mentioned above, 7500 for signing up and another 7500 after your first purchase.
Old Jan 10, 2000, 6:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Do you remember where you saw the offer for 7500 for sign up and 7500 after the first use? Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2000, 11:15 am
In Memoriam

cmwdjw: I received this offer in a mailing. There was no promotion code nor 800 number to call, just an application to send in. (If there had been a code or 800 #, I surely would have shared it here. )
Old Jan 11, 2000, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You really have to fight with Amex over deals by mail when you did not personally receive the mailing. I lost one with them over Optima and cancelled my account. I could not get this 7500 plus 7500 for my mother-in-law either.
Old Jan 11, 2000, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: Standard Memberships in all the majors hotel, airlines and Amtrak.
I think I saw it in a Hilton HHonors mailing or something... try the Hilton website too...

Old Jul 22, 2000, 12:37 pm

Hiton American Express

Recently I just applied American Expres's Hilton card, no Annual fee, 2 pts for Dollar, Is this card any good? On previous posts I have heard some bad things about Hilton' customer service, now anyone think this card is not worth applying because of the bad customer service?

thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2000, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
the service provided with the card is by the card issuer, american express. hilton doesn't really have anything to do with it - the card simply exists because of a hilton marketing agreement with amex, similar to the relationship citibank has with AA.

i've had the amex hilton optima card for several years with no problems.

if by your quetsion you're asking if the card is worthwhile because the accumulated points may not be worth redeeming because of hhonors customer service problems, you'll have to decide for yourself.

i've been an hhonors member for years - hilton has had its problems (including inconsistent quality from property to property and changes to the hhonors program that essentially devalued points), but overall i've been very happy with the level of customer service provided by hilton.

[This message has been edited by UK Stages (edited 07-22-2000).]
Old Apr 4, 2003, 6:40 am

HHonors American Express ???

1) Can I still apply and get the bonus points?

2) I have an AE Optima w/MR points: can I just turn that into an HHonors AE...and get the bonus points?

3) Does anyone have the web address to check this out?

Thanks!

star
Old Apr 4, 2003, 11:33 am

Star -- Welcome to Flyertalk!

1) Yes, you can.

2) Yes, you can, but you will receive a new card with a new number.

3) The Hilton HHonors® Platinum Credit Card
Old Apr 5, 2003, 6:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Why not get the HHonors Visa Card and the Starwood Amex card? The Visa card gives you two HHonors points for every dollar charged. With the Starwood card, you get Starwood points that can be used for hotel stays or converted to airline miles at a 1:1 ratio. However, transfer 20,000 points to an airline and receive 25,000 airline miles. It's one of the best deals out there.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 7:02 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Neal:
Why not get the HHonors Visa Card and the Starwood Amex card? The Visa card gives you two HHonors points for every dollar charged. With the Starwood card, you get Starwood points that can be used for hotel stays or converted to airline miles at a 1:1 ratio. However, transfer 20,000 points to an airline and receive 25,000 airline miles. It's one of the best deals out there.</font>
Actually that all depends on how you value Hilton points and Miles. If you use the generally accepted formula's that 1 airmile is worth two Hilton points I think the Hilton Amex is a slightly better deal. You get 3 Hilton points for each $ spent and 5 for stays at Hilton properties. It really depends on how you plan to use the points/miles.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Apr 5, 2003, 7:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Neal:
Why not get the HHonors Visa Card...?</font>
I'm curious to know if anyone really uses this card, other than to get the sign-up bonus? I think for most people one FF mile is worth more than two HH points, so they use an airline affinity card.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 9:08 am

Yes, many people use the Hilton HHonors platinum Visa card when merchants won't accept the Hilton American Express card. Also, you receive a sign up bonus of 10,000 miles and there's no annual fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.