Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Bonus points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2003, 3:48 pm

Thanks to FF I received the 2500pts. My wife called and was told,"this promotion is intended for HH customers who have not stayed with us in the last 12months and just where did you get this code?" My wife replied,"I received it from my husband, who like me is a loyal HH customer and not someone who has not stayed with you in 12 months, and now you are telling me he can have the bonus and I can't!" CS gave her the bonus as "a one time special". Now that we know what HH does for non loyal customers We can hardly wait for their promotion to those of us who have remained loyal.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:47 pm

called twice today, spoke with a SV. rejected both times. was told this was a targeted promo. maybe i'll try again when i have time.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:56 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
I am sure this will not go over well - but I applaud HH for sticking to their guns - if it is targetted - then it is targetted - I do not feel upset that I did not get it - yes I tried and was turned down ... so be it ... time to move on to bigger and better things!

[This message has been edited by PreferBulkhead (edited 01-21-2003).]
Old Jan 21, 2003, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
"Nothing for people who are loyal to Hilton"

I dare say, most here who were loyal to Hilton over the past 18-months benefited from two 50K promo bonuses, which translates into a GLON award, plus Gold status for two years. Even though Hilton is clawing some of this back with the increase to GLON and GLONP awards, I think they have been pretty generous to FTers.

So, I know you are new, MilesFromHeaven, but don't be so quick to chastise Hilton for this promo.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 4:44 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Starwood has been fighting this very problem for quite a while now. Thanks to the FT community, it's nearly impossible for the hotels/airlines to do targetted marketing promotions without pissing off the people who get left out. Last year, for example, there were several targetted promotions running at the same time and a lot of people weren't targetted. After a lot of customer complaints, Starwood gave anyone who was interested a one time choice of which promotion they wanted to register for. But that was to be the last time. Since then, they have been very strict on registering people for bonuses. It still irks people, but life goes on.

As for this one - I just called the Diamond Desk and registered. No questions asked. No problem. I'm sure I wasn't targetted because I had 80+ nights there last year.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 5:23 pm

The CSR applied the promo code with no

I know your just dying waiting for this:

"reservations".

Pun purely intended...

G

[This message has been edited by Gandalf (edited 01-23-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 6:29 am
E

I'm Diamond myself...just called the Diamond desk and signed up with no problems!
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
1. My opinion: It isn't targetted. It isn't a promo, either. It's always been there and just now leaked out. (See my first post.)

2. Another opinion: With proper application of "honey rather than vinegar" you can probably get this many points -- or more -- added to your balance as a courtesy. (Again, see my first post.) My strategy, next time I have a problem, is to go for courtesy credit AND AGNT.

3. A third opinion: It seems this is following a similar pattern as CNTU. First, someone finds the code and posts it here. Second, a few people get it. Third, HH gets wise and stops giving it out. Fourth, they capitulate and decide to give it out no questions asked.

4. A fact: It's only 2500 points. CNTU was 50,000 points. Opinion about this fact: "Don't sweat the small stuff."

(Opinions may be like something else that everyone has, but I've got FOUR -- opinions, that is.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:26 am

I called on 1/30 and was able to sign up for this promo. Perhaps they have loosened up the "targeted" requirement.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I registered with no problem for the "Service Center Thank You Bonus". I wasn't asked for any code.

The 2,500 bonus is supposed to show up for a stay within 60 days and is applicable only once.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I was told right off the bat I wasn't eligible. Moreover, I suspect the rep knew that was what I was calling for before I told her the promo code.
They have been briefed to deny it. I guess the Diamond Desk has not.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 2:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Points Scrounger:
I suspect the rep knew that was what I was calling for before I told her the promo code.</font>
D**n those new psychic Hilton CR reps!

Just call back and talk to someone else. That trick always seems to work.

Stupid censors.

[This message has been edited by yashan (edited 01-30-2003).]
Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boobeary:
...The 2,500 bonus is supposed to show up for a stay within 60 days and is applicable only once.</font>
Mine showed up two days after an Hampton Inn stay this past weekend, along with the usual points, Gold bonus, and double online booking bonus.

Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:04 pm

Called 800-HHONORS, didn't know it was central reservations, and asked to be transferred to HHonors Customer Service. "Cindy" picked up and I just asked her straight-forward if I can get the "Service Center Thank You Bonus" and she did it promptly in about 5 seconds, and will take effect after my next stay (stay has to be in the next 60 days); mine's coming up Sunday evening. it was as easy as that! this was just 2 minutes ago as I'm typing. i'm just lowly Gold but got it. good luck!
Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yashan:

Just call back and talk to someone else. That trick always seems to work.

Now I'm confused -- the rep I just spoke with couldn't have been more cooperative!

Is it that Hhonors decided to give in or that the reps aer not consistently briefed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.