Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:53 am

Hi,
I had to book this hotel trough AMEX travel (for the same price as on the Hilton homepage).
HHonors website does not recognize booking number, however I was given a Sabre PNR from Amex.

Is this stay eligible for Hilton Gold benefits (GDS booking?) ?
How generous is this property with 3rd party bookings, does anybody have an experience?

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by JetSet05
I am a diamond. Without the $4 upgrade, it is a standard continental buffet breakfast (cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread/bagels, cold cuts, etc). With the upgrade, it is a full hot buffet upgrade, including an omelet station. Pancakes can be requested with the upgrade. It was well worth the $4.00.
Not sure if it's a change in policy in the past year, or if it was just My Lucky Day, but I stayed here this week as a Diamond and was told by the server that there's no $4 upgrade option for breakfast. My choices were free continental breakfast (normally $19.95) or pay the full $23.95 to get the full hot buffet.
Old May 30, 2020, 5:17 am
jk2

Staying in this Hilton currently for 2 nights. I am a Diamond. I was told on checkin that because of covid-19 they don't offer a breakfast as a Diamond benefit, but restaurant is open for breakfast anyway (so you should pay if you want to eat). But they claim they give double points for that "inconvenience".

When I made a reservation, i browsed a hotel website and nowhere (even on the booking page), there was a mention of such policy change.

Can they do it? I mean it is guaranteed diamond benefit.
Old May 30, 2020, 8:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jk2
Staying in this Hilton currently for 2 nights. I am a Diamond. I was told on checkin that because of covid-19 they don't offer a breakfast as a Diamond benefit, but restaurant is open for breakfast anyway (so you should pay if you want to eat). But they claim they give double points for that "inconvenience".

When I made a reservation, i browsed a hotel website and nowhere (even on the booking page), there was a mention of such policy change.

Can they do it? I mean it is guaranteed diamond benefit.
Call the Diamond desk. They will sort it out, that's redicious.

I'd be interested to see what the end result is because I'm actually looking at staying there in September. Won't bother if that's the case.
Old May 30, 2020, 11:05 am
jk2

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Call the Diamond desk. They will sort it out, that's redicious.

I'd be interested to see what the end result is because I'm actually looking at staying there in September. Won't bother if that's the case.
Yes, it is ridiculous. No double points (I don't know what amount they would double) can substitute this benefit. I talked to a manager, and he saw my disappointed and offered $75 credit to "compensate it". Breakfast is quite expensive, so I used $50 for first breakfast.

I found this very disturbing. They charge the same amount of money per night (~$220), but they cut down on many benefits (no spa, no gym, no bike rental, no daily housekeeping.
Old May 30, 2020, 11:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jk2
Yes, it is ridiculous. No double points (I don't know what amount they would double) can substitute this benefit. I talked to a manager, and he saw my disappointed and offered $75 credit to "compensate it". Breakfast is quite expensive, so I used $50 for first breakfast.

I found this very disturbing. They charge the same amount of money per night (~$220), but they cut down on many benefits (no spa, no gym, no bike rental, no daily housekeeping.
$50 for first breakfast? How many of you ate?
Old May 30, 2020, 12:18 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
$50 for first breakfast? How many of you ate?
2 adults + 1 child: cheapest dish is $17 for adult, $6 for the kid. total was 42 + tax + tips = 50. They have very limited selection (one page of A4 offering).

restaurant is way overpriced and quality of the food couldn't be any worse. mostly overcooked, bland sandwich.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Currently staying here. As a gold member, we are entitled to breakfast, however even though the restaurant is open, breakfast isn't included. I think this is horrible! I was not informed at check-in. I am gold with Marriott also. I would've booked at the Sheraton or Marriott if I had known that breakfast wouldn't be provided. I've always considered the complimentary breakfast as a plus when booking a Hilton property. This is July and still no breakfast for Golds and Diamonds? I really don't get it. There is a 25 dollar a day "resort" fee and 25 dollars a day valet parking, as self parking is NOT allowed. I am really feeling disappointed with this stay.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by traveler4ever
As a gold member, we are entitled to breakfast, however even though the restaurant is open, breakfast isn't included. I think this is horrible!
I have stayed at the hotel twice, pre covid and during Covid as a Diamond. The complimentary breakfast is the continental buffet. As you are aware, due to COVID, Hotels are no longer able to offer buffet's. For our second stay during COVID, instead of complaining, we just walked across the street for breakfast or went to the hotel Starbucks. There are a few restaurants that are directly in front of the hotel, are cheap, and the food is way better than the former Hilton Breakfast option.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
We were there for just two nights, as my husband had continuing ed class. I did speak to a manager about it. I actually booked there instead of Hyatt Regency because breakfasts is included at the Hilton. We too had previously stayed at the Hilton Clearwater and enjoyed their buffet. We did end up enjoying breakfast at the Beach Shanty across the street. I was credited 100 dollars though by the manager. Which I was happy about because I think the 25 dollar resort fee is pathetic and 25 dollars for parking is just ridiculous too. Not to even mention that this Hilton is not up to par with other Hiltons. I don't believe I would ever stay there again.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by traveler4ever
Not to even mention that this Hilton is not up to par with other Hiltons. I don't believe I would ever stay there again.
I am glad that you were able to get refunded. I had emailed the hotel prior to my stay to receive confirmations of what is and is not available. I think this is helpful in weird travel times like we are presently experiencing. I do this on all my stays right now. I will say I do agree, that while they have limited options, they should reduce the resort fee. If the only reason you choose the Hilton was because of the free continental breakfast bagels and cereal, why not consider the Hampton Inn Clearwater? It's a newer hotel.

Is this hotel old, yes. But I believe they have done a great job on remodeling. As far as it being up to Par with other Hiltons, well that really depends on who you compare it to. Hiltons Hotels have a large range, this hotel is pretty standard for the older hiltons. I think where this hotel is exceptional, and the reason we return is the location. The location is absolutely fantastic, close to great food, by Pier 60, fantastic beach, excellent drinks and beach bar.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Going to be here in a few days. Good to know about the breakfast not being honored which is just a cheap thing to do for your highest tier but I digress. Anyone know about cheaper parking in the area? I don't mind walking a few blocks. Also I booked a twin lowest category room. How has this hotel historically been with upgrades? Was hoping for a king bed or at the very least something better than "limited view."
Old Apr 4, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Free continental breakfast benefit for elites is back

We stayed here in April 2021 and I can confirm that the free continental breakfast benefit for elites is now back (NOT buffet style, only allowed 1 bread item, 1 fruit, and 1 drink item which is kind of stingy see attached photo below).

TripAdvisor and Yelp have tons of review which are all accurate- rooms are tiny, dated (and to be honest a little dingy) despite 2018 "multi-million dollar" renovation, pool is overfilled 150% capacity with people during the morning and afternoon, high cabanas and parking cost, $25 daily resort fee and COVID never really happened judging by the lack of mask usage & enforcement.

On the upside- fabulous employees and you really can't beat the location. I believe there's only 10 suites in the entire 5 floors that have guest rooms (floors 3 to 7; floors 1 & 2 do not have rooms). I believe there's only 10 suites in the entire 5 floors that have guest rooms (floors 3 to 7; floors 1 & 2 do not have rooms).

We were here on a stay using points (no resort fees on reward stays) but would never in a million years do a $300 - $400 per night in addition to the exorbitant $25 per day resort fees for such a old hotel. And if you were wondering- yes we also did smell pot/ weed several times not only in the balcony of the highest level room floors but also when sitting on the beach portion close to the hotel.

Last edited by ultrasoul; Jun 3, 2021 at 6:18 pm
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:23 am

The Story Here is More or Less True Across the Board

Properties on or near beaches (and resorts generally) are taking every reservation they can, many at high room rates. Meanwhile, few have even half of their pre-pandemic staff. ‘Clean Stay’ is more of a hit than a miss.Hilton Guest Assistance is full of new cases in which the right stickers were in place, but guests are find hairs on the sheets,
unwashed toilets,’etc

Housekeeping generally leaves a lot to be desired. Hilton says you can get housekeeping every day, if you request it. Good luck if you do: and remember housekeepers will not enter the rooming you or any guest is in it.

Regardless of what you see on websites, etc be prepared for some amenities to be limited or unavailable - access to pools, beaches, restaurants, bars, gyms, valet parking, room service etc.

Even newer properties are learning that ‘mothballing’ half or more of their rooms took a huge toll on HVAC and plumbing maintenance, pest control, and general room conditions.

Bear in mind as well that the small number of staff who worked through the pandemic - most with no time off. Their tolerance for whining guests has never been lower. They know full well that hold times for guests calling the Diamond Desk hit 95 minutes on April 7.

And they look set to climb further. In any case, early in the pandemic Hilton decreed that hotels issue compensation or not. In any case, Hilton will now very, very rarely add compensation.

Personally, I will not stay at a Hilton more than 10 miles from home until at least October.
My previous work with Hilton’s gets me
access GM’a everywhere. They know that the whole matrix of standards are all but non existent and will remain so for monthS.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:09 pm

Any recent dp on upgrades at this property? I am booked in a 2 double city view room for 1 night, I called to inquire about an upgrade to a room with a king bed and got the standard based upon availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.