FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Skipping housekeeping for 2000 points? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1290995-skipping-housekeeping-2000-points.html)

jmhayes Dec 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Skipping housekeeping for 2000 points?

Just checked in to the Omaha Hilton and was told that if I skip housekeeping for one more more nights, I would get 2000 points. Is this some regular program, or are they just short on workers?

dkroh1 Dec 13, 2011 9:46 pm

The ES in Rosemont, IL by ORD was offering 500 points for same thing a couple weeks ago. They were calling some kind of Green Bonus.

It'sHip2B^2 Dec 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by jmhayes (Post 17622665)
Just checked in to the Omaha Hilton and was told that if I skip housekeeping for one more more nights, I would get 2000 points. Is this some regular program, or are they just short on workers?

I would absolutely LOVE this program. I hate it when housekeeping comes in and rearranges things on me, touches my dop kit, and uses potentially dirty rags on the surfaces that I have disinfected.

I've never run into that program but you can bet I'd take the 2000 points. Afterall, I'm doing just that for no points right now.

jmhayes Dec 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2 (Post 17622703)
I've never run into that program but you can bet I'd take the 2000 points.

And he mentioned: if I want anything I can just call and ask for it. The only thing I could think of is is there's enough "clean" towels ;)

jamesteroh Dec 13, 2011 10:34 pm

LV Hilton gives $10 a day food credit

The LV Hilton has a program called go green where you get a $10 a day food coupon for every day you skip housekeeping. You just hit a butotn on your phone to say you want to skip housekeeping the next day and they slide a $10 coupon under your door early the next morning.

Seeing you get 2 free breakfast buffets every morning anyway, they are great to use at the pool bar in pool season

This past weekend I used it at the deli for a coffee dirnk and a dessert and a bag of pop chips each night.

I am not sure if they are going to keep that program in place or not once they are no longer a hilton

mnredfox Dec 14, 2011 1:55 am

I would absolutely LOVE this program. I hate it when housekeeping comes in and rearranges things on me, touches my dop kit, and uses potentially dirty rags on the surfaces that I have disinfected.

I've never run into that program but you can bet I'd take the 2000 points. Afterall, I'm doing just that for no points right now.

+1.

alc Dec 14, 2011 3:39 am

Maybe we should start a thread to have people list which properties offer this. I am also a person that do not like housekeeping in general. All I want is fresh towel.

xooz Dec 14, 2011 4:47 am

Even a "fresh" towel is not needed. Don't know about you but I don't change towels after each use at home, unless I shower more than once that day.

roland_wa Dec 14, 2011 7:02 am

Yeah I would love to skip housekeeping for points. When I check-in at afternoon or night I really don't need anything the next morning...Hope more properties will add this option.

javacodeguy Dec 14, 2011 7:18 am

It seems like more and more hotels are offering this.

I think calling it as some "green" initiative is just as dumb as saying not changing your sheets or towels is some "green" thing. Just come out and say they are trying to save money. Maybe spin it that that means they can offer you more in other services or lower room rates.

Either way, one thing I like when I stay at a hotel is having the room clean and reorganized every day. For a two night stay, I might be tempted to take it at 2000 points; 500 no way. But for any longer stay they'd really need to offer me a lot.

roland_wa Dec 14, 2011 7:26 am

Originally Posted by javacodeguy (Post 17624312)
Either way, one thing I like when I stay at a hotel is having the room clean and reorganized every day. For a two night stay, I might be tempted to take it at 2000 points; 500 no way. But for any longer stay they'd really need to offer me a lot.

Yes 500 is too low, 2000 seems fair and it should be per night of course.

Also I agree the whole "green" thing is a marketing tool. Still everyone can win here. Better for the environment, hotel saves money and customer gets points.

linsj Dec 14, 2011 8:10 am

I'm glad to know other Hiltons besides LV are doing this. I've been to some Starwoods that give $ coupons for skipping housekeeping for three days or fewer. As long as I have enough clean towels, I don't need--or want--housekeeping and getting points is a bonus.

Time traveller Dec 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by xooz (Post 17623765)
Even a "fresh" towel is not needed. Don't know about you but I don't change towels after each use at home, unless I shower more than once that day.

I agree, though at some locations, I need extra
towels due the hot/humid weather and the need for more than one shower a day.

davef139 Dec 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by roland_wa (Post 17624358)
Yes 500 is too low, 2000 seems fair and it should be per night of course.

Also I agree the whole "green" thing is a marketing tool. Still everyone can win here. Better for the environment, hotel saves money and customer gets points.

2000 seems like lots, on a $100/night stay you aren't earning that many points

Embassy. Dec 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Afterall, I'm doing just that for no points right now.

Same, it would be great to see this implemented at all properties. 500 points seems good enough to me.