Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get Points Back Promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Get Points Back Promo

The Hilton HHonors™ program is better than ever – now you can use your HHonors points to book any room, anytime, anywhere, including our most luxurious rooms and suites.* And when you sign up for the Points Back offer you’ll get 30% of your points back when you use one of these exciting new hotel rewards:1
Premium Room Rewards – Use points to book our best rooms, from a spectacular ocean-view to a penthouse suite.2
Points & Money Rewards™ – Enjoy a reward stay faster using a combination of points and money to book a standard room. Availability varies by hotel, season and day of the week.3
To get points back in your account, just sign up and book by January 31, 2012, then complete your stay by June 30, 2012. Now your points can take you to incredible new places.
https://hiltonhhonors.com/RewardsPro...sBack,Featured
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Nice promo! ^ Because you know, some Premium Room are actually cheaper than the Standard Room.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: Several
Of course, right after I use a points+cash award
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Of course, right after I use a points+cash award
Doesn't it always work out that way? =P
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Do you get points on the cash part of that? Priority Club calls those stays "non-qualifying" I believe.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wow, Hilton is having two promos running at the same time. This is sweet.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Do you get points on the cash part of that? Priority Club calls those stays "non-qualifying" I believe.
Please read the T&C when you sign up, it clearly states the cash portion is not subject to rebate, only the points portion.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just another spit in the face of diamonds. Now any general member can redeem for premium rooms for less than what diamonds&golds would normally spend with "elite" glon/axon and reduce the chance of an upgrade along the way.
Why anyone would bother to pursue top tier with HH is beyond me.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just spent 15 min looking for these special rooms in PHX, SIN, HNL, DPS and HKG - not a single one below regular redemption and in most case the point value obscenely elevated.

Promo discount will end but this blatant dilution of points is here to stay. This was NOT a glitch. Hilton gave us a good kick in the gut and got away with it.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Just another spit in the face of diamonds. Now any general member can redeem for premium rooms for less than what diamonds&golds would normally spend with "elite" glon/axon and reduce the chance of an upgrade along the way.
Why anyone would bother to pursue top tier with HH is beyond me.

In most cases, Premium Rooms are priced well above the Standard Room and are not subject to GLON/AXON discounts. With few exceptions, most members, regardless of their status, would still be expected to pay more for these awards than standard rooms. I fail to see how this devalues HHonors program in anyway. Remember, this is a time limited promotion and likely a one time thing and it's open to everyone. And speaking for myself, I am quite happy for this promotion because I just managed to reduce a normally 40K/night category 6 resort down to about 18K/night due to a Premium Room special that prices it below the Standard Rate. So with 30% back on that, the effective discount is approximately 55% off the 40,000 points / night rate. This 30% back promo on points spent saves approximately 50K points in total over 6 to 7 nights, which is a really nice Christmas present from Hilton if you ask me.

I really don't understand why some people hate HHonors so much. Hilton has treated me royally in 2011 and yes, the website sucks and customer support over the phone is dismal but the actual treatment during stays are phenomenal including numerous Suite upgrades and complimentary full breakfast when only continental in mandated or late check-out request comparable to SPG. And who else gives me the ability to build up my bmi Diamond Club mileage balance virtually every night I stay? Or Free Night certificates that are actually usable and not restricted to just weekends or some low end properties, with values up to 80K points / night? Point Stretcher award availability has also improved this year, I have redeemed several of those this year paying roughly 15K points / night at some really nice Hilton hotels, like Hilton Sandton in South Africa and the newly open Hilton Cape Town. Hilton Sandton had one of the best complimentary dinner buffet in their Executive Lounge anywhere in the Hilton portfolio and all day snacks and high quality breakfast buffet. While the cheapest standard rooms started at about $400 USD / night (because it's hotel catered to business travellers), I was almost ashamed that I barely paid anything and got treated royally. And Hilton Cape Town upgraded me to an incredible multi-room Suite for free that even the term luxurious would be an understatement. On the other hand, SPG properties tend to abide by the letter of the program but not the spirit. As a SPG Platinum, I sometimes get upgraded to nice Suite but many times I don't as hotels can claim compliance by doing the minimum (e.g. upgrade you to Club Floor). Hilton program promises fewer on paper but in reality, they treat you nicer or at least to me. I am going to Quebec City this weekend for a sporting event and Hilton Quebec pre-upgraded me to the Executive Floor room I requested in my comments one day after I booked my room. That was about 10 days before check-in. Can SPG or Marriott say the same?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
very nice.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
As a reference for the premium room points value..
Tomorrow I am doing 3 nights in 3 different hotels in the Wash DC area. Each room I booked on points, and each room I had gotten a junior suite or better at a points cost LESS than the standard room points cost.

I booked these about a month ago and was scratching my head at it, and now it looks like I'll snag another 30% back on top of it too? hip hip hooray!

However, I can't help but feel like there's going to be a major kick in the nutz coming up in about 6 months with hilton points and value after seeing this.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: HH diamond
This is one of the better promos HHonors has run in awhile. I have two premium room reservations, both cheaper than the standard, in hotels that are known for treating Diamonds very well.

I had originally had reservations at a spg hotel but this promo brought me back to Hilton. Like Guava, I am getting a significant savings at terrific hotels. This type of promo may actually keep me at Hilton (I had basically moved my business to SPG).
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
How soon do you think 30% is coming back? Did you see any good values with cash & points for this promo?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by Embassy.
Doesn't it always work out that way? =P
Of course, that's why I take so many vacations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.