Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Vienna, Austria {AUT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Vienna, Austria {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Has anyone stayed at the Plaza since it has re-opened last month?

I'm having a tough choice with hotels, as apparently May 2015 is expensive for the two days I'll be there. I should have jumped on the hotwire deal for the Le Meridien at $136 when the Le Meridien was €200 a night, it's now €400 a night and thus the hotwire deal is dead.

I'm looking at approximately €175-201 for either Hilton, and that is pre-paid too. For two rooms I'm looking at $1,100 at the Plaza but that it is executive level rooms at least; even though I am gold I wouldn't want to risk the upgrade to save a few Euros a night. For refundable rates, both Hiltons are pushing €300 a night which is way more than I want to pay. For now I'm booked at the Renaissance Imperial at €125 a night with my government discount, but would prefer Hilton obviously.

I just have a hard time paying that much this early knowing rates may drop, and knowing the Hilton Vienna Stadpark is usually around $135 on Priceline Express.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by abaheti
Anyone have any experience with the remodeled Plaza? Lounge? Breakfast? Being near city center, able to walk, is a key consideration, but they both sound close enough.

I am about to flip a coin between the two and be done with the decision... Same price for point+dollars.

If it helps, we'll be arriving by train from Prague. Is either one easier for that arrival and a departure by train to Budapest?

Thanks.
I hope someone can answer us! No point+cash offers for when I am traveling next May. I think I prefer the Plaza since the Stadpark can be found on Priceline for much cheaper. The Stadpark location is a little better as there is a train station right there named Wien Mitte, but I think Wien Meidling is the main station for longer travel. I just started booking my trip so I'm not 100% on anything. It's funny, we'll be going Budapest->Vienna->Prague and you seem to be doing the reverse!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by airb330
I hope someone can answer us! No point+cash offers for when I am traveling next May. I think I prefer the Plaza since the Stadpark can be found on Priceline for much cheaper. The Stadpark location is a little better as there is a train station right there named Wien Mitte, but I think Wien Meidling is the main station for longer travel. I just started booking my trip so I'm not 100% on anything. It's funny, we'll be going Budapest->Vienna->Prague and you seem to be doing the reverse!
Yes, we are doing the classic route too. We opted for the Plaza because it has been rennovated more recently. In the end it was a coin toss as both appear similiar distance from main train station by taxi, both are same distance to city center, and both were same price... I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out differences. Barring bad reports on FT I will stay the course! :-). I will be back before you depart and will be sure to post a report if that can help you.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fb175091
Restaurant. The Nasch in the Plaza has a nice offer of "Austrian tapas" for 8 EUR during lunch time. Very recommendable.
The Nasch has been changed in a refurbishment in early 2014 and is now called Emile. I was told that they decided to "make it more French" and that it is now "French-Austrian". I thought that it was very generic (but good) Bistro food. OK for a hotel restaurant, but nothing special anymore.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by airb330
I know this is a little bit older post now, but it seemed there were some unanswered questions.

I am a Recent diamond, wife and I opted to stay in the Plaza over the Stadpark property. Fantastic hotel, one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. No upgrade, but I also didn't ask for one (typically don't, mostly because I don't know what the protocol is as a new diamond), but we have a great room on the 9th floor, very large, well appointed room, large bathroom, and a welcome with wine, water, and some sweets as well as a welcome card.

The executive lounge on the second floor seemed large, and very comfortable, I imagine it was improved after the upgrade, as I certainly didn't feel like it was cramped as others have said.

Everything in the hotel is very modern, clean and the staff are fantastic. We communicated with Gabor, the concierge prior to the trip, and he arranged for us to have a private car pick us up from the airport, for just a few euros more than the price as a taxi. The driver, a father son private car service, arrived with a Tesla S, and was a fantastic guide for our trip.

As others have said, the hotel location is right next to the U-Bahn line, and right on the ring in the 1st district.

This is our first trip to Vienna, and looking at pictures others have posted from the Hilton Stadpark, the Plaza hotel is much more modern and a better decor (my own preference, tastes), than the Stadpark.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rybob1
I know this is a little bit older post now, but it seemed there were some unanswered questions. ... the Plaza hotel is much more modern and a better decor (my own preference, tastes), than the Stadpark.
Thanks, this helps a lot and makes me more comfortable with our choice. All solid data points are helpful!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Gold member here. Looking for recent experience on Hilton Vienna, Stadtpark, if there is a helpful member who can advice.

I have read the "Gold/Diam breakfast" thread, but hesitant to:

I have 2 rooms booked, 4 adults in total, for 2 nights.
1) Can I expect comp'ed breakfast? (as per T&C for Gold, YES)
1.2) In restaurant or lounge limited version?
1.3) If yes, would they mind banding the benefit to the second room too (no status people)?
2) Can I expect comp lounge access? (not very important, but a plus)
2.1) If yes, can I expect accompany my second room guests there too?

I found out that there is a convenient direct train from the airport but the fee is 11€ oneway, so I guess for 4 people it will be cheaper and convenient to book Uber.

Thanks for advice FT!

PS, the Hilton flash sale gave me room at 115€ which made me choose Hilton Vienna, while other Hiltons were more expensive, as well as IC and Radisson above 200€. Looking forward to some nice advent market weekend hop.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Gold member here. Looking for recent experience on Hilton Vienna, Stadtpark, if there is a helpful member who can advice.

1.3) If yes, would they mind banding the benefit to the second room too (no status people)?

I found out that there is a convenient direct train from the airport but the fee is 11€ oneway, so I guess for 4 people it will be cheaper and convenient to book Uber.

Thanks for advice FT!

PS, the Hilton flash sale gave me room at 115€ which made me choose Hilton Vienna, while other Hiltons were more expensive, as well as IC and Radisson above 200€. Looking forward to some nice advent market weekend hop.
Stayed here a year ago. Great location! The airport train is just across the pedestrian walkway and it's convenient for the sights and transportation.

Our experience:
1. Yes, free breakfast for HH Gold.
1.1. Could have breakfast in restaurant or lounge. (Restaurant could be quite crowded when there were tour groups, but much better than lounge.)
1.2. No idea, we only had one room
2. We were given free access to the lounge. (Lounge was quite busy around 7 - 8pm)
3. No idea

Enjoy!
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

Thanks for advice FT!

According to the rules you'll have lounge access only if upgraded to Executive Floor but only for you and +1.
If the 2nd room will get an upgrade to EF as well,they are eligible,if not...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I will be visiting Vienna for the first time in early-mid February and am trying to make sense of the different Hilton options in the city. I have 3 full days/nights to spend in the city, and being my first visit (and the chilly weather), I'd like to be in a relatively central location -- but I'm not averse to using transportation here and there.

The prices with the current 30% sale seem very reasonable for all options, even for rooms with executive lounge access, which I'd like to have.

Can anyone provide some insight into which Hilton would be the best choice in terms of location and lounge quality? I know this is the Hilton forum, but I'd also appreciate hearing thoughts about the Hiltons versus the InterContinental.

I'm a Silver member, but I'm assuming that I shouldn't be expecting too much with regard to upgrades or perks...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by moe8555
I will be visiting Vienna for the first time in early-mid February and am trying to make sense of the different Hilton options in the city. I have 3 full days/nights to spend in the city, and being my first visit (and the chilly weather), I'd like to be in a relatively central location -- but I'm not averse to using transportation here and there.

The prices with the current 30% sale seem very reasonable for all options, even for rooms with executive lounge access, which I'd like to have.

Can anyone provide some insight into which Hilton would be the best choice in terms of location and lounge quality? I know this is the Hilton forum, but I'd also appreciate hearing thoughts about the Hiltons versus the InterContinental.

I'm a Silver member, but I'm assuming that I shouldn't be expecting too much with regard to upgrades or perks...
I'm also in a similar position (except Diamond), so would be interested in a comparison from anyone who has stayed at more than one of the Vienna Hiltons recently.

To me, the Vienna Plaza looks streets ahead of the other two Hiltons physically - is this actually a much nicer property or just better at photography? I'm inclined to book that at the moment (pricing as a bit cheaper than the Hilton Vienna but more than the Hilton Danube).
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I'm also in a similar position (except Diamond), so would be interested in a comparison from anyone who has stayed at more than one of the Vienna Hiltons recently.

To me, the Vienna Plaza looks streets ahead of the other two Hiltons physically - is this actually a much nicer property or just better at photography? I'm inclined to book that at the moment (pricing as a bit cheaper than the Hilton Vienna but more than the Hilton Danube).
Book Vienna Plaza. Recently renovated, nice decor, more boutique style. The Hilton Stadtpark is large conference hotel and dated.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Some
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by submonte
Book Vienna Plaza. Recently renovated, nice decor, more boutique style. The Hilton Stadtpark is large conference hotel and dated.
Thanks, confirmed what I thought might be the case.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I had stays last week at both Hilton Danube (2 nights) and Hilton Vienna am Stadtpark (1 night before I flew to London) and have to say I enjoyed the Danube property quite a bit more, primarily because I had plenty of space to myself in the lounge anytime I was in there, including breakfast. Downside with the Danube property is that is a little farther out than some may be comfortable with (7 stops to the Rathaus U-Bahn station, for instance, though no train changes). The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Also, the city property (am Stadtpark) does not offer a lounge breakfast on the weekend, so off to the lobby buffet which was packed. Hotel does seem to attract tour groups (over 500 rooms). Even the lounge was full the evening before and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Didn't take any lounge photos due to crowding and too many people in the lobby buffet to take any photos there, either.

Hilton Danube offered veal and pasta my first night, and beef stroganoff and pasta the second night. Hilton Vienna offered pot roast and rice my only night.

HILTON DANUBE:

This is about 1/2 of the lounge:

HILTON VIENNA (am Stadtpark):

More photos in my Hilton gallery: https://tom911.smugmug.com/Hotels/Hilton-family-hotels
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Am Stadtpark - Beware DCC

I recently stayed at the Hilton Am Stadtpark (I stay there at least twice a year). This time I booked, a few days before arrival, an attractive prepaid rate. The rate was quoted in EUR but it was charged to my credit card in GBP at a very unfavourable rate. At check in I was asked to authorise an EUR amount for extras, which I did. On check-out they tried to charge that in GBP.

When I complained to a front desk manager about the use of DCC without even asking me, her reaction was "I don't know how they charge pre-paid rates". She offered to reverse the pre-pay but, as rates had dropped since I originally booked, I would have lost out twice.

To try DCC is shady at best. To do so without asking the cardholder, in my opinion, is verging on fraudulent.

Separately, as I have found previously, the staff in the Executive Lounge were very slow to clear tables. Also, an ice bucket remained empty for 40 minutes at cocktail hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.