Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Bay {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2003, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Tokyo Bay {JPN}

I am going to Hilton Tokyo Bay in July. I am worry about transportation from and to the hotel. This is the first time that we are going to Tokyo. Is this resort close to subway? Is it easy to reach from the airport? What is the easiest way of getting there? Also, we like to do go to tourist attraction in Tokyo. How far is it from Tokyo. Is it easy to take a bus/subway to Tokyo. Any review of the resort is appreicated.

Thanks,
Maria
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:34 pm

If you are arriving there directly from Narita or Haneda Airport, the best way, especially if you have luggage, is to take one of the "Airport Limousine Buses" that takes you directly to the hotel door.

To go visit downtown Tokyo, you can take a rail. The station is a few minutes walk.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:11 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by myip:
I am going to Hilton Tokyo Bay in July. I am worry about transportation from and to the hotel. This is the first time that we are going to Tokyo. Is this resort close to subway? Is it easy to reach from the airport? What is the easiest way of getting there? Also, we like to do go to tourist attraction in Tokyo. How far is it from Tokyo. Is it easy to take a bus/subway to Tokyo. Any review of the resort is appreicated.

Thanks,
Maria
</font>
Maria, I was there four years ago, and I can tell you first-hand I had no problem traveling not only to downtown Tokyo, but also everywhere from Yokohama to Lake Chuzenji to Kyoto. Not only can you walk to the subway, but you can also walk to the Japanese Disney theme park. The walk to the subway could be long, but Hilton has free shuttle buses to the station if you prefer.

Try the tanuki soba in the food court in the nearby mall - only one vendor has it. It is a delicious fish noodle soup with a flour crust and either seaweed or spinach.

Also, all transportation information signs are in English as well as Japanese. I would advise learning some Japanese words, if only to impress the local people. The Japanese are very gracious hosts.

We took a taxi from the airport, but we also took trains to the airport, which was convenient. You will not go wrong with the trains, although there are some more efficient (and more expensive) means to get to the airport.

Food costs were actually quite reasonable in Japan, but they were way too expensive at the Hilton Tokyo Bay itself. Avoid eating there for financial reasons. The hotel itself is very nice otherwise.

Enjoy your visit to Japan. I had a blast! If you need more detailed information, just let me know.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:32 pm

Hilton Tokyo Bay Email?

Does anyone happen to have contact information for reservations/HHonors manager for the Hilton Tokyo Bay? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:01 pm

Try this:

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old Jun 13, 2003, 6:39 am

Mr. Roboto,
Thank you!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:53 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Qantas, Turkish
Red face Hilton Tokyo Bay Trip Reports and Reviews

Hi guys,

just a quick note about the wonderful experience I'm having at the Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel. Service is magnificent. The free drinks/cocktails for goldmembers system works great and the staff actually remembers your preference the next day.

The extra turndown service and extra room cleaning that I'm getting around 8pm also works fine.

This is definitely one of my best Hilton experiences. The only downside is that it takes over an hour to get anywhere from here...

Back to NRT tomorrow, does anybody know how long it'll take me to get there by 07:30am (my flight to CDG departs at 09:00, should I get there even earlier?).

Eljakim
Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:39 pm
Suspended

If you have a morning flight, you should stay at the Narita Hilton the night before. AFAIK the airport limousine bus does not run so early in the morning, unless you are taking the train or a taxi
Old Mar 15, 2007, 5:21 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by mario33
If you have a morning flight, you should stay at the Narita Hilton the night before. AFAIK the airport limousine bus does not run so early in the morning, unless you are taking the train or a taxi
Moving to the Narita Hilton is not really an option with my commitments
tonight. The 07:09 shuttle seemed to work, but it's full and no exceptions.

I guess I'll go by public transportation.

Thank you for your response,

Eljakim
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eljakim
The 07:09 shuttle seemed to work, but it's full and no exceptions.
Leaving Hilton Tokyo Bay at 07:09 (after the Hilton, the bus do stop by at a few other hotels in the vicinity to pick-up passengers) to catch a 09:00 international flight ?

I had a 09:20 flight to HKG late last year (stayed at the Sheraton next door), and I couldnt convince myself I could make it for that flight with the airport limousine bus. But then I am not such a frequent flyer, and I tend to allow 2hrs before departure unless its my home airport.

Hope things work out well for you
Old Mar 15, 2007, 5:43 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by mario33
Leaving Hilton Tokyo Bay at 07:09 (after the Hilton, the bus do stop by at a few other hotels in the vicinity to pick-up passengers) to catch a 09:00 international flight ?

I had a 09:20 flight to HKG late last year (stayed at the Sheraton next door), and I couldnt convince myself I could make it for that flight with the airport limousine bus. But then I am not such a frequent flyer, and I tend to allow 2hrs before departure unless its my home airport.

Hope things work out well for you
All shuttles were overbooked. The assistent manager ended up calling around to several other hotels and found me a shuttle from the Excelsior hotel. I took a 06:20 taxi there and was on the 06:41 shuttle to the airport. It ended out working quite alright.

Gotta run for my flight now!

Eljakim
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: HH DIA
Glad things worked out for your flight, eljakim.

I was wondering if you had an ocean or park view room, and what you thought of it. Also, did you receive free breakfast coupons?

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Shorty
Glad things worked out for your flight, eljakim.

I was wondering if you had an ocean or park view room, and what you thought of it. Also, did you receive free breakfast coupons?

Thanks.
I had a park view room on the 4th floor, no upgrade to executive floor. I received a HHGold certificate that I showed to get free breakfast and free drinks from 10:00-22:00 at their bar downstairs. I think I would have
preferred ocean view, but didn't realize this when I arrived.

I liked the room; the bed was okay, the bathroom was great. Amenities
were also wonderful, and restocked twice a day. The only disadvantage
was the phone; only one phone in the room and not on the desk, but between the two beds. Only one laptop connection, on the desk and not near the bed. It's impossible to work that way. I would have rather seen them with a cordless phone of some sort, or at least a second phone on the desk.

Television was bad. Only one English channel (CNN Asia), with very low quality.

The health club was wonderful. Great sauna. The pool was a little small.

The shops are disappointing unless you're into buying wedding things.

The staff was *absolutely* fabulous. By far the nicest, friendliest, most helpful staff I've ever run into. And I'm - according to Mrs Eljakim - overly critical to small things. I cannot find a single thing wrong with the staff
except for the few people that spoke no English.

I didn't like the location too much. It takes too much time to go anywhere,
but I guess this Hilton was meant as a Disney resort and wedding restort, and I think it's great for that.

Disney Sea was strange. Go early if you want to go, as most of the fasttrack tickets for the good rides were gone by 1pm. Only three
attractions have a single rider line.

Eljakim
Old Mar 17, 2007, 5:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eljakim
I think I would have
preferred ocean view, but didn't realize this when I arrived.
I did have a "view" of the ocean when I used the glass lift at the Sheraton, and I was not all that impressed with the ocean view. Its not the blue waters I was expecting and the ocean seems a bit hazy (alright I came in from Hawaii so may be I was expecting too much). I was quite happy watching the fireworks in the evening from my park view suite
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:52 pm

Programs: HH DIA
Thanks for all the info, eljakim and mario33. I'm looking forward to my stay there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.