FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/128592-embassy-suites-santa-clara-silicon-valley-us-ca.html)

zzflyer Aug 6, 2001 9:04 am

Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley {US-CA}

Has anyone ever stayed here? How about held/attended a business function here? How is the hotel? Staff? Amenities? Rooms? We are considering spending a lot of cash for a series of meetings and need to get some true insight. Thanks in advance!

ExecPlatWife Aug 6, 2001 12:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zzflyer:
Has anyone ever stayed here? How about held/attended a business function here? How is the hotel? Staff? Amenities? Rooms? We are considering spending a lot of cash for a series of meetings and need to get some true insight. Thanks in advance!</font>
I can speak for the rooms. I've been there with my husband on his business trips. The rooms are nice, and clean. Not overly posh, but quite nice. Just be sure to request a non-smoking room (if needed), as we were given a smoking room (all that was left) once and you could still smell the smoke.

The lobby is lovely, and the breakfast is very good. No complaints about the staff, either. I've got no experience with having a business function there, though.

MikesMiles Jul 2, 2002 4:34 pm

Embassy in Santa Clara

Does anyone have a trip report for this location?

------------------
Always Alaska, Hilton and SWA (not by choice)

ChaseTheMiles Jul 2, 2002 5:41 pm

We stayed there about a year ago. Nothing memorable about the room. For Gold, we got 2 bottles of water in the room, and a nice full breakfast buffet.

[This message has been edited by ChaseTheMiles (edited 07-03-2002).]

youngflya Feb 3, 2003 1:46 pm

Embassy Suites Hotel Santa Clara-Silicon Valley

Hey,

I will be staying here in the future and was wondering what thoughts (if any) you wonderful folks had on the property. What can I do to make the most of my stay?

channa Feb 3, 2003 2:05 pm

I believe this hotel has been used a couple times on the Candid Camera show. So if something is out of the ordinary, just smile.

jmd001 Feb 3, 2003 3:04 pm

Candid camera? Maybe you were just there the weekend our daughter had her 16th birthday party (sleep over) at that hotel. As I remember, they had 2 or 3 rooms of 4 girls each -- thankfully with mothers as chaperones. Nevertheless, I don't think it was particularly quiet or sedate. Could easily have been mistaken for a Candid Camera episode from some of the descriptions I heard afterwards!

(I assume the hotel encouraged such rentals in order to get at least some weekend revenue!)

dAAzedone Feb 3, 2003 11:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by channa:
I believe this hotel has been used a couple times on the Candid Camera show. So if something is out of the ordinary, just smile.</font>
It sure has. My coworker got nailed there. He went to check out and the "clerk" told him he has to pay a $48 "excess water charge." The candid camera folks were nice enough to send me the tape if it so we can embarrass him at our next team meeting!

------------------
AA PLT, UA PremEx, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum

bruin Feb 5, 2003 12:27 am

The rooms are pretty typical of an Embassy except the bedrooms are particularly small. It's an older hotel that must have been converted from some other chain. The fitness room is tiny. Never saw any sign of Candid Camera (or at least I didn't know!).

MVS18 Feb 23, 2005 9:06 am

Info/Opinions - Embassy Suites - Santa Clara,Ca

I just booked a 5 night stay here for August.
How is this hotel? Does anyone have any recent experiances here?
How is the area the hotel is located in?
Thank you in advance.

Jassy-50 Feb 23, 2005 9:52 am

I can't help with how the hotel is, as I live just down the road apiece from it and so have never stayed (it appears neat and clean, however, and not run-down). However, I can answer your question re location. It is next to Highway 101 at Bowers Ave., in a basically office park area. There are some dining options within a block or so, mostly ho-hum (a Mexican place, Sizzler, Denny's, Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Arthur's (a higher-end restaurant, but one I personally am not fond of)). Across 101 are more restaurants: Bennigans, Pedros, Parcel 104 (in the Marriott Hotel, very good but pricey), and a shopping center (El Mercado) with some additional eating establishments (Mexicali Grill is not bad, also In and Out Burger and a few others), an electronics store (Micro Center) and a movie theater complex. You will definitely need a car to get around the area. It is easy to get to from SJC, and the hotel may have a shuttle. Intel Museum is not too far away and is interesting. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

MVS18 Feb 24, 2005 8:52 am

Jassy,
Thank you for the info. Most helpful.

cruisereg Feb 24, 2005 7:58 pm

I personally don't like that location, nor the Embassy Suites in Milpitas. They are both older hotels with the Santa Clara location being the oldest. I much prefer the Hilton Santa Clara just down the street on the corner of Great America and Tasman. Its a much nicer hotel in my opinion.

Jassy-50 Feb 25, 2005 9:42 am

Yes, the SC Hilton is a much nicer hotel - only a couple of years old and pretty classy (I've eaten in their restaurant - decent Italian but pricey - and so have seen the interior public spaces at least). It is, however, directly under the flight path for SJC; don't know how good the soundproofing is in the rooms ('tho the airport is shut down between 11:30 pm and 6:30 am). Of course, no free breakfasts or happy hours, as at the ES, but I've never been impressed with ES brekkies or happy hours anyway. There is NOTHING within walking distance of the SC Hilton for dining, except at the Westin across the road (which did not impress me the couple of times I ate there), but is a quick drive to the above-mentioned Parcel 104 et al., and El Mercado.

uastarflyer Feb 25, 2005 11:19 am

Originally Posted by cruisereg
I personally don't like that location, nor the Embassy Suites in Milpitas. They are both older hotels with the Santa Clara location being the oldest. I much prefer the Hilton Santa Clara just down the street on the corner of Great America and Tasman. Its a much nicer hotel in my opinion.

I've stayed in both - Hilton is newer to be sure, and has an "executive room" for breakfast. ES Santa Clara was my first ever ES stay and I was impressed. It's very clean, the lobby and eating area is nice, I like the "make-to-order" breakfast. The rooms are quite nice, with the bedroom offset at a good distance from the "living area". It's quiet even though it's next to 101.

Agree with Jassy-50 comments on area, you can add tomatina's to the restaurant list next to mexicalli grill and El Torito, plus a mile north on the same road is a microbrew restaurant (name slips my mind). From the ES even Sunnyvale is only 10-15 min away and there's tons to choose from there.