Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum - HH Gold - Marriott Gold - SPG Gold
I've also stayed in both hotels, multiple times. In my opinion, that ES is one of the worst ones I've stayed in. Its acceptable, but not "great" in my opinion. Also, the Hilton Santa Clara's Executive level lounge does a small breakfast and also drinks (wine and beer at least) and snacks.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I'm easily impressed it seems - glad I caveated my review!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
... you can add tomatina's to the restaurant list next to mexicalli grill and El Torito, plus a mile north on the same road is a microbrew restaurant (name slips my mind).
RE microbrew restaurant: I am presuming you mean on the same road as the ES, in which case do you mean The Faultline? I was wracking my brain trying to think of something north of the ES and then realized that you must have meant west. Directions are very confusing in this area (from approx. Mountain View to San Jose) -- what seems to be east is actually north and what seems to be north is actually west, e.g. I think it's because the coastline and the mountains make a turn east along this part of the coast before heading south again. I have lived around here for over 30 years and I am still constantly turned around.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Yes Faultline - thank you! If you take the road from ES and parallel to 101 past el toritos, just before lawrence you jog left and get to faultline, near 4 Points by Sheraton.
Old May 26, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Drinks

Originally Posted by cruisereg
I've also stayed in both hotels, multiple times. In my opinion, that ES is one of the worst ones I've stayed in. Its acceptable, but not "great" in my opinion. Also, the Hilton Santa Clara's Executive level lounge does a small breakfast and also drinks (wine and beer at least) and snacks.
Correct me if I am wrong but the drinks at the Hilton SC are not complimentary like they are at ES. Also the breakfast in the Executive Lounge is less than desirable with no meats compared to ES. This is why I booked
my Sept stay at ES Santa Clara as a Gold.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Wow, nothing in over six years!

But this property has announced they’ve done a complete refurbishment of rooms and spaces, FYI.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This property has very spacious suites, and has indeed had a recent refurbishment. See below. Very monochromatic. Black, gray, white in three shades. The even numbered rooms are diagonal to highway 101 and are subject to lots of noise; the odd numbers are probably worse due to the reversed angle. The higher floors seem to be the noisiest.

Check-in was not very efficient. The room I’d selected and e-checked into was not available, so they claimed they “upgraded” me to a premium suite on the 8th floor. I requested two keys and got one. Etc. I was given chits for breakfast, and wasn’t told the hours for the manager’s reception or breakfast. I was also given a yellow parking chit to place on my car’s dashboard. This property does charge for overnight parking, they offer good Diamond benefits. Beside the bottles of water, they include some snacks in your bag, and we were told we could consume snacks and sift drinks around and in the fridge.

This property does a profligate waste of water, with toilets that use massive amounts of water and lovely shower that does the same - and the marble floor gets slippery as the devil once there’s a speck of soap on it - but no bath mat.

Breakfast was a zoo. Though there is a cook to order queue and a staffer is replenishing the buffet line, tables go unbussed and items like breads, coffees, etc. go unreplrnished for long periods of time. The massive two room dining area was full - but some are leisurely about vacating for others looking around for seating. One couple at a corner table had finished their breakfast before we arrived, and remained after we left, as they enjoyed their game of chess on their portable game box-table.

We were on semi-business, so there was no opportunity to check the manager’s reception, fitness center or pool. This is a nicely kept up property, but if crowds or 24/7 road noise bother you, bring ear plugs or stay away.
Attached Images        

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 8, 2019 at 10:36 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.